LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Armor of the White City  (Read 2647 times)

August 25, 2017, 12:31:39 AM
Read 2647 times

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Armor of the White City
« on: August 25, 2017, 12:31:39 AM »
I am thinking there is another card just like Armor of the White City at least pretty much worded the same but came out of an earlier set, if I am thinking correctly does anybody know the name of that card?

August 25, 2017, 04:01:45 AM
Reply #1

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Armor of the White City
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 04:01:45 AM »
I think I've mentioned before, a really great tool for finding cards is Zorbec's Decklist Builder. You can download it here: http://eric.minet.free.fr/tcgbuilder/dbdownl_en.htm

Looking at Zorbec's there are several armor possessions in earlier sets, though none of them before give a companion a keyword such as knight, and only Merry's Armor and Pippin's Armor give a strength boost innately. Footman's Armor gives a strength boost to prevent an overwhelm.

Gondor Bow will make a knight strength +1, perhaps that is what you were thinking of?

Anyway, I really think you'd get a lot of value out of Zorbec's Decklist Builder. It always comes in handy for me. Another tool (though not as useful) is the Gemp deck builder. You can do some basic searching (but not by game text as of right now) and ask questions in the game hall. You should look at joining Gemp! Here's a link: http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/

August 25, 2017, 11:00:35 AM
Reply #2

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 11:00:35 AM »
Ok looking over deck builder now and thank you. I just thought for some reason there was a card from an earlier set that made somebody a knight  like the one from T&D but maybe not with the + 1 on the side. I guess not as you say. Again thank you.

August 25, 2017, 11:15:25 AM
Reply #3

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 11:15:25 AM »
Hey Phallen I have been looking over the deck builder, wondering if it has a help section or any kind of a tutorial that can show you some examples on how to look things up? Also say for instance the above card example Armor of the white city say we did not know the name of the card at all but was going to check for a card that gave the keyword Knight, what do you click on to make that happen.

I am trying to understand it and may figure it out before you respond back but please feel free to still respond just in case.

Update: I clicked on Free People, Click on Possession, also clicked on the Gondor Icon and it did in fact reveal many possessions including the card in question, however my hope was to find the card that more or less revealed at least the Keyword Knight to further my search.
I used the Advance filter and when I put in Knight for the keyword all disappeared that was displayed for Prossessions. Also I guess just trying to look it up under the keyword Knight reveals nothing either? Like say I did not know the name of the card, and did not know if it was a Possession, or a condition or whatever  I just knew that a card exist to make somebody a knight. Other then that still understanding it all.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:31:03 AM by Larry5000 »

August 25, 2017, 12:38:22 PM
Reply #4

Enabran

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 12:38:22 PM »
Or you can use the Wiki

I spent hours in making Lists there.
I cannot promise you that all cards are in the list but I gave my best
http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/knight

There is a short list of just 17 cards to check. 17 cards that interact with the Knight Keyword.
One is your Armor of the White City, so 16 remains for you.
Good luck

The same goes for the most keywords.

August 25, 2017, 12:46:09 PM
Reply #5

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 12:46:09 PM »
Thank you so much Enabran.

August 25, 2017, 02:44:20 PM
Reply #6

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 02:44:20 PM »
Hey Larry, use the 3rd Advanced Filters tab to search for anything written in the gametext. So if you write "knight", not only companions with the keyword knight will appear (which is the result you got searching for "knight" in the 1st tab), but also all cards that interact with knights: many fortifications, items like Gondor Bow or Catapult, companions like Denethor Steward of the City... and Armor of the White City. Of course, you must clear any keyword specification in the 1st tab filter, or you won't get Denethor, Gondor Bow, Catapult... (which use but don't have the "knight" keyword.)

By writting a gametext piece, you must write it exactly as it would appear in the card, word by word. For instance, if you write "may not be overwhelmed" (never using quotation marks) you get Coat of Mail, Dwarven Armor but not Bounder or Severed His Bonds (which say "prevent a Hobbit from being overwhelmed"). To get Ghan-buri-Ghan in the list, you need to write "cannot be overwhelmed". To get them all, of course, just write "overwhelmed" or "overwhelm".

To include a culture symbol in a gametext piece, it must be written between brackets [ ]. To add twilight symbols, you need to use parenthesis ( ).

Hope this helps.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

August 25, 2017, 04:08:19 PM
Reply #7

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 04:08:19 PM »
Thank you Durin's Heir, much appreciated

August 25, 2017, 05:04:48 PM
Reply #8

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »

At Your Service!
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X