LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Skirmish Wound Prevention  (Read 25504 times)

November 27, 2018, 10:01:57 PM
Reply #45

DarthMaeglin

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Skirmish Wound Prevention
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2018, 10:01:57 PM »
Looks like a consensus was never reached on this. Mind if I stir the hornet's nest a little?

First I would like to agree with everyone who is pointing out that events can "look back" to previous stimuli. I would like to agree very specifically that events can refer back to previous stimuli. In much the same way possessions and conditions can be transferred between eligible bearers in the middle of a skirmish and cards can be played from the draw deck or discard pile. Possessions can be transferred in a skirmish phase because of the wording of cards like Sundered Weapons, not because of something innate to possessions. Likewise Brought Down from Inside can be transferred during a skirmish phase because of its specific wording. It does not make conditions universally transferable without specific perimeters being set by active game text.

A card like The Tale of the Great Ring looks as far back as the beginning of the skirmish because of a very specific part of its game text. That does not mean that every event gets that ability. The event needs at least fairly precise wording in order to do so. Conveniently we have a card that has the exact wording Swiftly and Softly would need in order to do that- on King's Mail. I can't see why it would "look back" without setting up the perimeter at the beginning of the skirmish by saying "during this skirmish."