LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The old flip-to-a-page DCathon.  (Read 1533 times)

November 13, 2017, 12:50:35 AM
Read 1533 times

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
The old flip-to-a-page DCathon.
« on: November 13, 2017, 12:50:35 AM »
It must've been like five years since I've done this. It's late and I'm depressed and wanna throw some creativity down the well.

So! I've got my books out, and I'll be flipping to random pages for some random cards. Let's see how rusty I am.

(0) •Old Bilbo's Treasure [Shire]
Condition • Support Area
To play, discard Bilbo.
Each time an opponent plays a Nazgul, you may exert a Ring-bound Hobbit to reveal a site at random from your adventure deck. If the revealed site is a dwelling or a sanctuary, exert that Nazgul twice.
"'There is a connexion with Bilbo's old adventures, and the Riders are looking, or perhaps one ought to say searching, for him or for me.'"

(0) Only Shapes to See [Gollum]
Event • Response
If Gollum (or Smeagol) exerts, shuffle up to 3 Wraith minions from your discard pile into your draw deck.
"'You cannot reach them, you cannot touch them. We tried once, yes, precious.'"

[2] Busy as Ants [Sauron]
Event • Maneuver
Exert 2 besiegers to replace the fellowship's current site with a battleground from your adventure deck.
"...orcs were digging, digging lines of deep trenches in a huge ring, just out of bowshot from the walls..."

[1] Runes Deeply Graven [Dwarven]
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a Dwarf.
Each time you play a tale, you may exert a Dwarf or discard this condition to draw a card.
"'These are Daeron's Runes, such as were used of old in Moria...'"

[3] Rode Fast and Far [Gandalf]
Event • Maneuver or Regroup
Spot Gandalf bearing a mount to reveal the top 3 cards of your adventure deck. For each plains site revealed, take a Free Peoples character or event into hand from your discard pile.
"'Is this your work also, Gandalf, my friend?' said Theoden. 'You accomplished much in an evening and a night!'"

[2] King's Messenger [Gondor]
Ally • Home 3K & 6K • Man
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Ranger. To play, spot Aragorn.
Regroup: Exert this ally twice to discard a Shadow condition borne by a companion.
"'Then the Greenway will be opened again, and his messengers will come north, and there will be comings and goings, and the evil things will be driven out of the waste-lands.'"

[3] Muffled By a Heavy Curtain [Wraith]
Condition • Companion
Resistance -1
To play, the fellowship's current site must be a forest. Limit 1 per bearer.
While the fellowship's current site is a forest, bearer gains unhasty.
"There was no echo or answer though the wood seemed to become more crowded and more watchful than before."

[2] •Gollum, Prisoner [Gollum]
Minion
Strength 4
Vitality 4
Site Number 3
When you play Gollum, name a race: Elf, Man, or Wizard.
Gollum may not be assigned to a skirmish.
Each time Gollum exerts or takes a wound, shuffle a Shadow card from your discard pile into your draw deck for each of the named race you can spot in the fellowship.
"'No name, no business, no Precious, nothing. Only empty. Only hungry; yes, we are hungry. A few little fishes... and they say death. So wise they are; so just, so very just.'"

[3] •Man and Gate [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: Discard X [Gondor] companions from hand to make a Shadow player discard X minions from play. Discard this condition.
"'But men are better than gates, and no gate will endure against our Enemy if men desert it.'"

It's bedtime. If these are to your liking I can probably keep going tomorrow!

November 13, 2017, 08:17:48 PM
Reply #1

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
Re: The old flip-to-a-page DCathon.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 08:17:48 PM »
Hey how about I keep going.

[5] •Chamber Chieftain [Moria]
Minion • Orc
Strength 10
Vitality 2
Site Number 4
Fierce.
Discard each weapon and shield possession borne by a companion that loses a skirmish to Chamber Chieftain.
"With a thrust of his huge hide shield he turned Boromir's sword and bore him backwards, throwing him to the ground."

[3] Release the River [Gandalf]
Event • Response
If an Ent wins a skirmish, exert 2 Ents to liberate a site.
"'Isengard began to fill up with black creeping streams and pools. They glittered in the last light of the Moon, as they spread over the plain. Every now and then the waters found their way down into some shaft or spouthole.'"

(0) No Long Slow Sleep [Sauron]
Condition • Companion
To play, discard a unique [Sauron] minion. Bearer must be unbound. Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is resistance -1 for each Shadow condition he or she bears.
If bearer has 0 resistance, kill him or her.
"'We will burn like heathen kings before ever a ship sailed hither from the West. The West has failed.'"

[2] Faded Treasures [Wraith]
Possession • Support Area
To play, exert a [Wraith] Wraith.
Response If your [Wraith] Wraith wins a skirmish, transfer this possession from your support area to the losing companion. Limit 1 per bearer. Each time bearer takes a wound, the Free Peoples player must exert another companion bearing a [Wraith] possession.
"Swords lay by their sides, and shields were at their feet. But across their three necks lay one long naked sword."

[4] •Ugluk, Head-knocker [Isengard]
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength 9
Vitality 3
Site Number 5
Enduring. Tracker.
Ugluk is strength +1 for each possession borne by each character involved in the same skirmish.
Skirmish: Exert Ugluk to play an [Isengard] possession on him from your discard pile.
"...Ugluk was overtaken and brought to bay at the very edge of Fangorn... Eomer, the Third Marshal of the Mark, who dismounted and fought him sword to sword."

(I really just want a Third Marshal killer.)

[2] •Widfara, Wind-watcher [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
At the start of the regroup phase, you may spot a minion and a valiant companion to take a [Rohan] event into hand from your draw deck.
"'I live upon the open Wold in days of peace; Widfara is my name, and to me also the air brings messages. Already the wind is turning. There comes a breath out of the South; there is a sea-tang to it, faint though it be. The morning will bring new things. Above the reek it will be dawn when you pass the wall.'"