LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Final Cry  (Read 3600 times)

February 14, 2018, 12:34:02 PM
Read 3600 times

SGollum

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
  • The Smeags
Final Cry
« on: February 14, 2018, 12:34:02 PM »
Does this card apply when the skirmish is canceled? I am of the personal opinion it does because the rulebook uses the term "ends immediately" when referring to canceled skirmishes which implies there is an end to the skirmish. I have no idea how gemp manages this though.
Everything Gollum says is automatically the best LOTR qoutes.

February 14, 2018, 04:15:14 PM
Reply #1

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Final Cry
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 04:15:14 PM »
In a word, yes. You're spot on with your assessment.

Look at the discussion here: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,3099.msg38664.html

For further proof, look at the clarification for a nearly identical card: Loathsome.

Quote from: Comprehensive Rules
7R182
Clarification:
If a skirmish that involved a Nazgûl is about to
end, discard a possession borne by a companion
in that skirmish.
This card is played as a response to the end of a skirmish that involved a Nazgûl, even if that skirmish ends before resolution. If the skirmish is ending because it is resolving normally, the discard of the possession does not effect the resolution of that skirmish.

Emphasis mine, obviously. As for Gemp, I'm afraid it currently does not handle this one correctly. I believe the Shadow player is unable to properly react when the skirmish ends (via cancel) and while it should be able to proc even if The Balrog dies because the card is written in past tense ("a skirmish that involved ..."), at the moment it cannot.

February 14, 2018, 06:02:58 PM
Reply #2

SGollum

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
  • The Smeags
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 06:02:58 PM »
Alrighty, my group was always confused on that one. I sometimes use gemp, but I usually play with the physical cards so that bug shouldn't matter for me a whole lot.
Everything Gollum says is automatically the best LOTR qoutes.

April 17, 2018, 01:34:20 AM
Reply #3

Rodrigoie

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 01:34:20 AM »
Can you recommend this content? Because I want to study and develop better.

April 17, 2018, 07:46:47 AM
Reply #4

Tbiesty

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 07:46:47 AM »
Quote from: Phallen Cassidy
Emphasis mine, obviously. As for Gemp, I'm afraid it currently does not handle this one correctly. I believe the Shadow player is unable to properly react when the skirmish ends (via cancel) and while it should be able to proc even if The Balrog dies because the card is written in past tense ("a skirmish that involved ..."), at the moment it cannot.
I'm the developer of GEMP-SWCCG (for Star Wars CCG) [http://tlbiesterfeld.servegame.com/gemp-swccg/].  Over the years, I've needed to develop a lot of additional function required by SWCCG, that LOTR didn't require.  If there's ever any help you need with "how to enable/fix something", I'm sure I've encountered it already, and would be happy to help provide any help/advice you need.

Thanks!