LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Cheapest way to get cards  (Read 2466 times)

April 06, 2018, 11:18:20 AM
Read 2466 times

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Cheapest way to get cards
« on: April 06, 2018, 11:18:20 AM »
I have an idea to bring some new players to the game by starting up a local playgroup. I plan on putting a sign up at a store that already has regular events for other card games and "reserving" a time and a space to play (need to ask permission, though I don't see a huge problem with this). Here's the trouble: I don't own any cards. I've got some friends with huge collections that I could arrange to borrow indefinitely, but my goal is to get new players into the game and I don't feel comfortable (even if my friends don't care) giving away cards that aren't mine.

So, barring that and certain other questionable means, how can I get a ton of cards without investing in a potential flop? I really don't want to spend more than $50 (heck, I really don't want to spend more than $20...) if I can help it, and I'd like to have a dozen decks to hand out to new players and keep things from getting totally stale after a few days. I understand this is an incredibly low price point (852 cards at 6 cents a card), so does anyone know about buying in bulk for next to nothing? Fellowship block, though a little dry for my taste, is the best format by far for new people, so those are the cards I'd want to go for.

If this is totally unreasonable, I'm open to requests! It might end up being more manageable for me to have The Hobbit tournaments.

April 07, 2018, 10:16:43 AM
Reply #1

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Cheapest way to get cards
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »
For that goal, buying a bunch of the starter decks is probably your best bet.  I see many of them online for $7-8 US.  (Granted, for Fellowship block this only gives you 6 possible decks, but you could start there and see how things pick up before investing more)
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man