LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Twilight Nazguls  (Read 3401 times)

August 12, 2018, 01:05:21 PM
Read 3401 times

DARKICARUS

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
Twilight Nazguls
« on: August 12, 2018, 01:05:21 PM »
Hey, I am currently playing this list but I am also not really happy with this. Any recommendations what to change? (Twilight Nazgul theme should stay :))

Shadow Draw Deck:
1x The Balrog, Durin's Bane
4x The Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgul
2x Úlairë Enquëa, Ringwraith in Twilight
4x Úlairë Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight
4x Úlairë Otsëa, Ringwraith in Twilight
4x Nazgul Sword
4x All Veils Removed
4x Morgul Gates
2x Threshold of Shadow
4x Black Breath
4x Blade Tip

August 12, 2018, 02:25:04 PM
Reply #1

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Twilight Nazguls
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 02:25:04 PM »
I've struggled in ringwraith decks with all of the minions being unique; there's always some site where I want and can afford to play another minion, but the only minion in my hand is a duplicate of one in play.

I would add in at least 2x Ulaire Attea The Easterling, likely taking out 1 each of Nelya and Otsea to make room.  I know Attea is more expensive, but unless you expect to play against choke, the different name is more likely to help than the  [1] is to hurt.

I would prioritize Bill Ferny SSF over AVR/Threshold of Shadow.  The only downside is he might not work at site 4 (if it's underground) and doesn't do fierce skirmishes, but otherwise he adds 4 strength each time he skirmishes and he sticks around through double-moves.  Theme-wise, part of wraiths is that they could travel in spirit form and spread wickedness/distrust in the hearts of men.  You can think of Bill as a symptom of the unseen work of wraiths in the lands of men since the last war of the ring.
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

August 12, 2018, 11:15:10 PM
Reply #2

Pepi

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 11:15:10 PM »
I always thought Black Breath and Blade Tip work better with "fierce" nazgúl. With twilights, I would likely want to play 4 copies of Wraith-world and 4 of Resistance Becomes Unbearable. Also 2 more Enqueas and 2 copies of His Terrible Servants (which becomes pretty important in a deck like this).

August 13, 2018, 06:38:37 AM
Reply #3

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 06:38:37 AM »
Otsea, Lieutenant of Morgul works better with twilight nazguls than the twilight version imo. Making Enquea or Lord of the Nazgul fierce is just way way stronger. Other than that I agree with Pepi (although 3 Wraith-World is probably enough).

I'd also play a mix of twilight and shotgun enqueas.

Would cut down heavily on pumps, 2 is probably enough.

1-2 copies of The Pale Blade should make it in too.

August 19, 2018, 08:54:11 AM
Reply #4

DARKICARUS

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 08:54:11 AM »
Thanks so far for the answers!

August 20, 2018, 08:57:59 AM
Reply #5

RJH777

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »
In the ringwraith's wake is a biggie IMO, that with a witch-king is 3 sounds or burdens on the ring-bearer - ouch.

The Balrog is a cute play but doesn't really add to your wincon and also takes a big chunk of twilight off a key site (would you rather him or an Enquea/WK?)

I would:

-4 BB
-4 Blade Tip
-1 Balrog
-2 Nelya
-4 Otsea
-4 All Veils Removed
-1 Nazgul Sword
-2 Threshold of Shadow

Add in:

+1 Twilight Enquea
+1 Shotgun Enquea
+2 Twilight Attea
+2 Bill Ferny
+4 In the ringwraith's wake
+4 Resistance Becomes Unbearable
+2 Wealth World
+2 His Terrible Servants
+1 Pale Blade
+2 Otsea, Lieutenant of Morgul
+1 Morgul Skulker (recycle WK or Enquea)