LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: LotR Relaunch Discussion Thread #1.  (Read 20511 times)

November 05, 2018, 06:02:23 PM
Reply #45

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: LotR Relaunch Discussion Thread #1.
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2018, 06:02:23 PM »
So, I could play against other players or not? And one can add DCs, I'm sure? As I said if I have the motivation and time at some point, I'll be happy to try.
Btw, how has your try in the Comic store?

I can get you as far as being able to play games against yourself. You can make whatever changes to your server as you see fit, and if you mess it up completely just re-download the source code. First you'll either need Linux (Mac might work?) or a Linux emulator. PM me once you (or anyone reading this, if you're interested) have that going and we'll work from there. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to get it going in Windows, but so far I haven't had any luck and don't know enough to diagnose the problem.

My visit to the comic store went as well as I could hope! Three people talked to me, two were interested in playing, and one was actually able to run through a game. Enjoyed it quite a bit! I'm still trying to work it into my schedule, but I'm hopeful that eventually I can get some regulars playing every week and then pyramid scheme my way to success.

November 06, 2018, 05:04:44 AM
Reply #46

Wyrden333

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2018, 05:04:44 AM »
Ok, We've Mac here (I'll see what's about Linux). Playing a game against myself (or someone else using my Router?! ) should be totally fine.
 Give me maybe a month or two and let's see what we can do with my stupidity but I've some experienced mates here.

Your results at the store are looking great, maybe I'll have to try this too but I'm not to often at my 'local' store 'cause it's a 30-minute drive away :(
Go King Standard!

November 17, 2019, 02:43:31 PM
Reply #47

Chrispy77

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2019, 02:43:31 PM »
I think at best, we need to make sure the amount of players who are joining is equal to the amount of players who are leaving. I think that players being able to find tables for games they want to play is important, so too much variety can be harmful. I also think that players leave the game due to boredom, as there is nothing new to experience or think through.

Personally, I would love to see expanded thrown out the window and see sets created that continue the Movie block- like a movie block +. These sets should have erratas for the strongest and weakest of cards in Movie block, as well as create new cards that will cause old cards to once again become playable.

That, or we'll keep moving forward with Second Edition once MarcinS completes his move!