LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Dwarf Tank  (Read 2722 times)

August 24, 2018, 08:39:58 PM
Read 2722 times

DARKICARUS

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:41:55 PM by DARKICARUS »

October 25, 2018, 10:24:41 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Dwarf Tank
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 10:24:41 AM »
Firstly, I don't think you have enough copies of your companions even with the drawing that Delving and Book of Mazarbul provide. What if you run into Dwarves yourself? A copy of Farin or Fror gets discarded and you are in much worse shape. Your deck is currently at 37 cards; I intend to keep it that way.

Dwarves' biggest problem are Nazgul, so we need to keep that in mind in our build.

Presuming you are starting Gimli and Fror (my suggestion), I would add at least three copies of the combination of Gloin/Farin. You're also missing out on Thrarin, Dwarven Smith who is better and more versatile than Dwarf Guard anyways! I would actually cut both copies of Dwarf Guard and run with the stronger dwarves. I'm also throwing in a copy of Aragorn, Ranger of the North. You never know when you could use the help.

Three copies of Gimli's Helm seems extreme, particularly as you aren't running any Dwarven Bracers. I am going to swap two Helms for Bracers.

-1 Book of Mazarbul
-2 Dwarf Guard
-2 Gimli's Helm
-1 Hand Axe
-2 Flurry of Blows

+2 Farin, Dwarven Emissary
+1 Gloin, Friend to Thorin
+1 Thrarin, Dwarven Smith
+1 Aragorn, Ranger of the North
+3 Dwarven Bracers
+1 Realm of Dwarrowdelf
+1 Make Light of Burdens
+1 Greatest Kingdom of My People

Okay, so I actually took it from 37 to 40 cards. That said, I think the deck is still stronger and you have a little extra cycling with Realm of Dwarrowdelf. Don't underestimate its use when you need it. It's also an extra tale for Gloin to spot.

I would personally swap the Power According to His Stature with Hobbit Stealth to handle the Balrog, but that's just me. If you are really worried about Moria, Songs of Durin is a great addition.

Also note that you are missing Sam, Son of Hamfast, so you are in trouble against corruption and you don't have Sting or Bounder in here either.

You might want to check out some other builds here, here or here for other thoughts.
-wtk
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:28:12 AM by ket_the_jet »

October 26, 2018, 02:03:18 PM
Reply #2

TheHumanHydra

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
Re: Dwarf Tank
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 02:03:18 PM »
My Dwarf deck looks somewhat similar to ket's suggestion, though I guess I need to add in Sam and maybe Bounder too. I've had good success with it in the few games I've played with it so far, but I did find Nazgul to be troublesome. (I wonder if it mightn't be worth it to go heavier on Aragorn and run Athelas.)

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
Ring: The One Ring, Isildur's Bane

Adventure deck:
Westfarthing
Midgewater Marshes
Council Courtyard
Dwarrowdelf Chamber
The Bridge of Khazad-dum
Caras Galadhon
The Great River
Shores of Nen Hithoel
Tol Brandir