LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Trying to Complete Collection  (Read 3826 times)

October 16, 2018, 06:34:41 PM
Read 3826 times

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Trying to Complete Collection
« on: October 16, 2018, 06:34:41 PM »
Hey all,

My brother and I trying fill out the last few holes in our physical collection. Basically, we're looking for the cards that we never opened in packs, and are prohibitively expensive to buy online. We only play sets 1-10 (and dabble in 11-13), and while we've never been especially talented table-top gamers, we love Decipher's LOTR TCG to pieces.

Here are our major holes:

Goblin Armories x 4
Simbelmyne x 4
Morgul Brute x 2
Anduril, Flame of the West x2
Rout x 4
Small Hope x 4
Promise Keeping x3
A Wizard is Never Late x 2
Saved from the Fire x3
Savagery to Match Their Numbers x2
Host of Moria x 2

I'm not opposed to using proxies, but I thought I'd first ask around this forum in case someone is looking to offload for cheap. I'm not going to pay more than $5 a card, but considering that we require a full play set of several, that could add up.

I realize I'm asking for a favour, but hey, if you want your cards to get shuffled, played, cherished, argued over, etc., then we're your guys/hobbits/elves/dwarves.

Also, if anybody has a good decklist database worth sharing, that would be awesome as well. I love deck building as much as the next guy, but sometimes I just want to play a game with the confidence that my deck is fairly well optimized. This site isn't bad, but I'm sure one of the Gemp users has a better answer that might be worth sharing.

Also, has anyone created an algorithm for creating "random" packs from the various sets? I really love draft tournaments, but it's getting harder and harder to find actual booster packs.
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry

October 17, 2018, 06:56:53 AM
Reply #1

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Trying to Complete Collection
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 06:56:53 AM »
Unfortunately, I have no cards of my own to trade. Fortunately, I can help with your other two points. Understandably, these resources are old.

To your first point, I recommend Decipher's own postings of tournament deck lists. Since you can't just log onto DGMA anymore, you'll have to use the Internet Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20060816045334/http://www.dgma.com:80/content/default.asp?top=decklists

Now, notice that there's a little symbol to the right of each article title - The One Ring is for LotR decks. Sounds obvious, but a few times I skimmed through the titles and didn't notice that those were not the decks I was looking for. Most of the links are there, but occasionally some of the articles won't have a corresponding page saved. The decklists seem to run from early War of the Rings Standard back to Fellowship Block. It's not the easiest database to navigate through by far, but I think it is the best (barring TLHH). My advice would be to copy & paste decks you see into a text or word document. The Internet Archive is mostly consistent, but there are some corner cases when saved web pages can be lost (or scrubbed entirely, should Decipher decide that it doesn't want anybody to benefit from anything it had done in the past (unlikely)).

Next is another fantastic website: The Gondorian. It's a bit decrepit, but it hasn't gone down yet and there's a lot of interesting resources here. I think the most used remains its booster pack simulator: http://www.gondorian.com/lotrtcg/simulator.php

As an added bonus, the results have links back to the wiki! Decide how many boosters you want, save the results somehow, build your deck. Unless I've misunderstood your question and you want to generate packs of cards from random sets -- I'm beat on that one, I think it'd have to be developed.

A notable alternative is to buy packs from Gemp's merchant and open them. If you have no cards in your collection, this is the best option since it comes with a good card management tool. That benefit diminishes if you have a lot of cards already since there's no way to distinguish between them.

October 18, 2018, 08:02:15 AM
Reply #2

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 08:02:15 AM »
Thanks, both of those options are brilliant!
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry

December 05, 2018, 06:19:57 PM
Reply #3

TheHumanHydra

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 06:19:57 PM »
Are you looking for good-condition cards or any cards? I have a couple of those (one Saved From the Fire and I think a Goblin Armory), but they're pretty beat up.

April 08, 2019, 07:30:54 AM
Reply #4

Baelerion

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 07:30:54 AM »
I ll check my collection and let you know, but I couldnt resist to comment that imrahil and sibelmyne were both parts of my worst trade ever.
It was one of my first packs, I was around 13-14 years old, and i got sibelmyne as the rare in my booster but I had already decided to play with Men as companions, so I handed over sibelmyne for Imrahil, and this grey-eyed soldier never made it to my final deck -_-

November 18, 2019, 05:24:48 PM
Reply #5

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 05:24:48 PM »
Wow, I guess I should check back to this site more often. I'd appreciate you checking your collection; I'll try to check back in a few days on this site. XD

That's a pretty bad trade, although I can probably better it.  In my first few years playing I traded my future best friend a holographic Gondor Bowman for some completely forgettable combination of rares I never used. I didn't get a complete playset of Bowman until a decade later.

-Dave Barry