LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Long Time Reader, First Time Poster- Dwarf Stacking / Corruption Deck  (Read 2535 times)

September 29, 2020, 12:01:36 AM
Read 2535 times

slasherz90

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
I'm excited to finally be contributing to the board here after years of surfing, but never posting. I think I already see some shortcomings of this deck as this hasn't been tested yet, but wanted to get any feedback you all had!

Ring-bearer: Frodo, Courteous Halfling
Ring: The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles

Adventure deck:
Eastemnet Downs
Plains of Rohan Camp
Streets of Edoras
Ered Nimrais
Helm's Gate
Hornburg Armory
Hornburg Causeway
Valley of Saruman
Fortress of Orthanc

Free Peoples Draw Deck (31 Cards):
1x Gimli, Unbidden Guest
1x Legolas, Elven Comrade
1x Axe of Erebor
1x Legolas' Sword
4x Best Company
3x Come Here Lad
4x Khazad Ai-menu
4x Quick As May Be
4x Toss Me
3x Valor
3x Here Is Good Rock
1x My Axe Is Notched
1x Final Count

Shadow Draw Deck (31 Cards):
4x Gollum, Stinker
4x Easterling Guard
4x Easterling Lieutenant
1x Easterling Skirmisher
2x Southron Commander
4x Nasty, Foul Hobbitses
4x We Must Have It
4x Vision From Afar
4x Evil-smelling Fens

For the freeps, the idea is to stack cards on corresponding conditions to pump Gimli with additional strength or damage bonuses. Since there's basically 0 support for Frodo, being careful with how much twilight is being dumped is key. I tossed in Final Count with My Axe Is Notched, but I think I should probably get rid of those for skirmish-canceling events for Frodo or even more pumps for Legolas.

The shadow side is pretty straightforward as the idea is to pile on burdens using Gollum and Easterling game text.

I look forward to any input you all would like to share!

September 29, 2020, 07:17:45 AM
Reply #1

JamesCB

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: Long Time Reader, First Time Poster- Dwarf Stacking / Corruption Deck
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 07:17:45 AM »
Seems like an overall solid deck, especially the shadow side. Let us know how it does!

September 29, 2020, 10:17:14 AM
Reply #2

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 10:17:14 AM »
Always good to see some choke in Towers! I agree, this is a good looking deck. I think you're right to want to replace Final Count and My Axe Is Notched -- with only one copy of each you're likely to get no use out of it at all. Two copies of Sting, Baggins Heirloom instead will make a big difference for Frodo. I'd also try to find room for at least one copy of Severed His Bonds as an emergency for the last 3 sites. Getting 10+ strength on the Ring-bearer isn't a great challenge for sites 7-9 with 3 companions and it'd be a shame for that to be all it takes. 14+ is substantially harder, and 21+ is nigh on unachievable.

Come Here Lad has a problem: you have no way to retrieve the stacked cards. Odds are you'll losing a key card for FP or Shadow nearly every time with a deck this small, too. May as well use Search Far and Wide if you need to dig for cards, or even better use those slots for Severed His Bonds. The only other note to make is that Legolas is probably gonna be exerting Gimli or taking hits more often than not. Courtesy of My Hall could bring back a copy of Toss Me and/or heal Gimli in a pinch. Stout and Strong might be useful to help Legolas out as well? Then again if Legolas loses or exerts Gimli every site and Gimli wins his skirmish every site the sanctuary healing will be enough... I guess you've thought this out already ;)

Shadow side is nice and straightforward. All I would do is remove 2 copies of Nasty, Foul Hobbitses (useless at the start of the game) for Men of Rhun. Oftentimes players (especially with Rohan decks) will risk assigning Frodo to avoid burdens from Vision from Afar or Easterlings. I have lost this way at site 4 plenty of times myself, haha. I'll be interested to hear if Southron Commander is enough for Ringbound Ranger decks.

September 29, 2020, 11:47:35 AM
Reply #3

slasherz90

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 11:47:35 AM »
Thanks @JamesCB and @Phallen for the feedback.

First game went really well wrapping it all up and corrupting the ringbearer by site 5. I knew my opponent and that he would likely bid 3 burdens to go first, so I kept Nasty, Foul Hobbitses in there since I was confident I could win an opening skirmish with Gollum, Stinker. I took your advice and removed Final Count / My Axe Is Notched in favor of Severed His Bonds. As I get more games under my belt, I'll keep making tweaks! Part of me wants to try and integrate Nazgul with the shadow side as well, but I don't want to try and do too many things.