LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The White Council Set - Dwarves  (Read 3578 times)

May 23, 2019, 07:54:10 AM
Read 3578 times

caprylz

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
The White Council Set - Dwarves
« on: May 23, 2019, 07:54:10 AM »
Part 2 of my new The White Council set is dwarves! (For context, see the original post here: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,11500.0.html) Dwarves in this set build primarily on two mechanics: a) using their high damage bonuses creatively for things other than just killing minions in skirmishes, and b) supporting hobbits in the fellowship. Please let me know what you think, what changes should be made, and what other new cards might support these one. Also, let me know which post-shadows culture you'd like to see next!

[3]Durin, The Deathless[Dwarven]
Companion• Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
Muster.
Durin is damage +1 for each Shadow player you can spot.

[2]Gimli, Longbeard Emissary[Dwarven]
Companion• Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Each Dwarf companion is damage +1 (or damage +2 if at an underground site and you have initiative).

[2]Dwarven Smith[Dwarven]
Companion• Dwarf
Strength: 5
Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may take a [Dwarven] possession from your discard pile into hand.

[2]Longbeard Soldier[Dwarven]
Companion• Dwarf
Strength: 5
While this companion is Damage +X, it is strength +X (limit +4).

[1]Fror, Longbeard Traveler[Dwarven]
Follower
Strength:+ 1
Aid - Exert a Dwarf companion.
Bearer is damage +1.

(0)*Ring of Imposition[Dwarven]
Artifact• Ring
Resistance: -1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Bearer is Damage +3.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, discard this artifact to draw a card.

[1]Hatchet[Dwarven]
Possession• Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. This possession may be borne in addition to one other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to make bearer strength +1 and damage +1.

[1]And My Axe[Dwarven]
Condition• Support Area
While Frodo is the Ring-bearer and Gimli bears a hand weapon, Frodo is resistance +2.

[1]Certainty of Death[Dwarven]
Condition• Support Area
While the number of companions in the fellowship is equal to the number of threats you can spot, each dwarf is damage +1 for each dwarf you can spot.

[1]Not So Courteous[Dwarven]
Condition• Support Area
Each time a dwarf loses a skirmish, add a token here.
Manuever: Remove a token here to make a dwarf damage +1 until the regroup phase.

[1]Redemption of Moria[Dwarven]
Condition• Support Area
Tale. To play, exert a dwarf companion.
At the start of the regroup phase, if you cannot spot a minion, discard this condition and liberate a site. If you can spot a minion, discard this condition and add a threat for each companion you can spot instead.

[2]Side by Side with a Friend[Dwarven]
Condition
Strength: +2
Resistance: 1
Plays on Legolas. If you cannot spot Gimli, discard this condition.
Response: If Legolas is about to take a wound, exert Gimli twice to prevent that wound.

[2]Bless You Laddie[Dwarven]
Condition• Support Area
Each time you play a companion, you may exert a dwarf to remove a threat.

(0)Dangerous over Short Distances[Dwarven]
Condition• Support Area
Manuever: Exert a dwarf who is damage +X to remove X. Discard this condition.

[1]Axe Embedded[Dwarven]
Event• Response
If a minion is killed or discarded during a skirmish involving a dwarf who is damage +X and you cannot spot another minion, exert that dwarf. The first shadow player must spot X shadow conditions. Discard one of those conditions.

[1]Collateral Damage[Dwarven]
Event• Manuever
Exert a dwarf twice and spot a minion whose strength is at least double that of another minion you can spot. Discard the minion with lower strength (or two such minions if they are both lurkers).

[3]One Dwarf Yet[Dwarven]
Event• Manuever
Exhaust an unwounded dwarf companion who is damage +X to make him defender +X (limit +3).

(0)Resolve[Dwarven]
Event• Manuever
Make a dwarf companion enduring until the regroup phase. If that dwarf is damage +X, you may exert that dwarf up to X times.

(0)Ridiculous[Dwarven]
Event• Fellowship
Spot a Dwarf and add [X] to discard X cards from hand and draw an equal number of cards.

[1]Small Chance of Success[Dwarven]
Event• Manuever
Until the regroup phase, make a dwarf damage +1 for each resistance over 5 he has.

[1]Stay Close[Dwarven]
Event• Response
If a Dwarf who is damage +X wins a skirmish, exert that dwarf to make each hobbit companion strength +X until the regroup phase (limit +3).

(0)Stay Still[Dwarven]
Event• Manuever
Exert a dwarf who is damage +X to discard a minion with strength X or less.

(0)The Long Way Round[Dwarven]
Event• Response
If a Shadow player plays or replaces a site (except any site 9), spot a dwarf to choose a Shadow player. That player must replace that site with a site with a different title from their adventure deck. Until the regroup phase, no Shadow player may replace that site.

(0)Welcome and Well Met[Dwarven]
Event• Manuever
Spot a dwarf companion and a hobbit companion. Until the regroup phase, that hobbit is strength +1 and damage +1 and that dwarf cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.

(0)Young Rascals[Dwarven]
Event• Skirmish
Exert a dwarf to make him or her strength +1 and damage +1 for each hobbit you can spot (limit +4).

May 23, 2019, 01:36:06 PM
Reply #1

Wyrden333

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: The White Council Set - Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 01:36:06 PM »
So, nice to see even more DCs! I gonna look threw some of these.

Durin, The Deathless

Nice, like this one very much! Encouraging Multiplayer should be more common.

For the Dwarven Smith I'd like to see some more interesting possessions. Hatchet is cool but I'd appreciate a bit more variety since Dwarven Smith is such an good lore card (assuming this set is independent).

•Certainty of Death looks like a card easily abused, it sounds very powerful esspecially paired with a threat based fellowship.

•Not So Courteous. Maybe make it two tokens? Just to make it not so easily profitable.

•Redemption of Moria that's an required trigger is it? Interesting. But again that looks a bit too strong with •Certainty of Death.

Maybe some more spotting requirements for the conditions overall. I don't know how viable splashing is in this set, but maybe look over them and add it were it fits lore-wise.

Axe Embedded. The wording seems odd. Also would that mean that high Damage is bad since you can't use it on a Shadow player with, let's say two conditions if the dwarf has Damage +3?!
But I see that the FP player has more options, but is that all intendet?
Clarification please.
Otherwise it would maybe be: "Response: If a Dwarf with Damage +X kills a minion (or a minion skirmishing a Dwarf gets discarded) and you cannot spot another minion. Exert a Dwarf to make the first Shadow player spot X Shadow conditions to discard one of them."
It's difficult wording indeed maybe you could clarify it how you wanted it to be.

Collateral Damage Okayyyy.... Bit strange again.

One Dwarf Yet Powerful last option, I like it.

Welcome and Well Met Powerful again.

Overall pretty good cards, as I said I'd like some more possesions and maybe remove some events (that's a lot of events!) but good job otherwise.

Looking foreward to more!
Go King Standard!

May 23, 2019, 01:45:21 PM
Reply #2

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 01:45:21 PM »
Some really interesting cards here. Stay Still and Dangerous over Short Distances are especially neat.

Axe Embedded. The wording seems odd. Also would that mean that high Damage is bad since you can't use it on a Shadow player with, let's say two conditions if the dwarf has Damage +3?!
But I see that the FP player has more options, but is that all intendet?
Clarification please.
Otherwise it would maybe be: "Response: If a Dwarf with Damage +X kills a minion (or a minion skirmishing a Dwarf gets discarded) and you cannot spot another minion. Exert a Dwarf to make the first Shadow player spot X Shadow conditions to discard one of them."
It's difficult wording indeed maybe you could clarify it how you wanted it to be.
Looking foreward to more!

I'm a bit rusty, but I'm pretty sure the Shadow player would be required to do as much as possible (including spotting fewer conditions). Your clarification allows the Shadow player to pick one condition and discard it regardless of the damage bonus on a Dwarf, while the intent is that the Free Peoples is allowed to discard a condition. Having more damage keeps the Shadow player from not selecting a certain condition.

May 23, 2019, 01:51:09 PM
Reply #3

Wyrden333

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 01:51:09 PM »
Really? Ok then thats my fault, thought if you cannot do the full spotting it'd be canceled.
Second point was not inteded should be like "and make you...".
Got that last thing sometime during writing ;)
Go King Standard!

May 30, 2019, 11:55:58 PM
Reply #4

caprylz

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 11:55:58 PM »
Thanks everybody for the feedback! I'll have to think about some of the over-powered combos you mentioned.