LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Fellowship - Hobbit Allies Deck  (Read 5589 times)

May 30, 2019, 12:51:56 PM
Read 5589 times

mikeissurreal

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
Fellowship - Hobbit Allies Deck
« on: May 30, 2019, 12:51:56 PM »
Ring - Isildur's Bane
Ringbearer - Frodo, Old Bilbo's Heir

Sites
Green Hill Country
Blackberry Ferry
Frodo's Bedroom
Hollin
The Bridge of Khazad-Dum
Valley of the Silverlode
Silverlode Banks
Gates of Argonath
Slopes of Amon Hen

Starting Fellowship
Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith
Merry, Friend to Sam

Freeps (41):
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence
Sam, Faithful Companion
Silinde, Elf of Mirkwood x2
Biblo, Retired Adventurer
Bounder x4
Farmer Maggot, Chase of Rascals
Filbert Bolger
Hobbit Party Guest x4
Hobbit Farmer x4
Master Proudfoot
Meilot Brandybuck
Old Noakes
Rosie Cotton
The Gaffer
Athelas x3
Horn of Boromir x3
Bill the Pony
Thror's Map
No Stranger to the Shadow x1
The Saga of Elendil
A Talent for Not Being Seen x2
Consorting with Wizards
OEG
Three Monstrous Trolls x2

Shadow (41):
Lurtz, SoI
Orthanc Berserker
Saruman, KOI x3
Troop of Uruk-hai x3
Uruk Captain x3
Uruk Fighter x4
Uruk Lieutenant x4
Uruk Raider x4
Uruk Ravager x4
Bred for Battle x2
Abandoning Reason for Madness x2
Saruman's Power x2
Savagery to Match their Numbers x4
Saruman's Ambition x4
Tower of Orthanc

Strategy -
Bid 1 or 0 to go second.  This fellowship is weakest against Nazgul and if you are forced to go first with the Nazgul friendly sites you could be in a world of trouble.  If I'm forced to go first, I always single step to 2 and 3.  If I go second, depending on hand set up I double move to 3. 

Your freeps will cycle like crazy giving you plenty of hobbits to sacrifice with horn.  If not going against uruk hai, use bounder to save your allies (15 strength to overwhelm).  Use frodo to heal bounder or Bilbo at the start of each turn.  Party guests will heal everyone else!  

Filbert Bolger will tank over any uruk hai or nazzie fierceness - blow up an ally with horn and then put them against pippin, merry or sam and heal them up the next fellowship with your allies.

Shadow - just straight up uruk beatdown.  It accounts for everything extremely well - sometimes has trouble with Last Alliance decks depending upon draw - power's quickly negate that.  

Deck Technical stuff -
Deck holds up shockingly well even if you get screwed on drawing a horn until the end of the game..
-Deck pairs up REALLY well against Moria - 3 Monstrous Trolls negates all pool adding ability, Moria swarm fails to muster enough strength to tackle fellowship with bounder out. 
-Moria Archery really really struggles against this deck due to the massive amount of healing it has and its inability to kill off allies.
-Uruk Hai struggle with this deck due to the expense of putting out minions versus the choke aspect of this deck.  You'll just sacrifice a hobbit farmer or 2 each turn;)  Keep your fellowship under 5 until they blow all their Savageries or you might be in a tough position.
-If you can survive to site 3 against Nazzies you are in the clear.  OEG is a safe guard, but with 3 Athelas and the expense of playing nazzies, you'll do great against either twilight or standard nazzies.
-Sauron Orcs will never get anywhere against this deck - too expensive, way too slow to set up, Old Noakes screws up the discard aspect, easy to prevent burdens with Meilot.

The toughest fellowship you will face from the shadow side is Last Alliance 4 person fellowship (Frodo, Arwen, Legolas, Aragorn).  You have to capitalize on an early overwhelm at site 2 or site 5/6.  Or stack up for a swarm with Captain, Uruk Raiders and lieutenants.  Your chance of winning against a last alliance deck is the lowest of any - probably 50-55% - depends on your draw versus how early they get set up.

One of the most fun decks I've ever built and completely original!  Has over a 60% win percentage on GEMP.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 01:04:54 PM by mikeissurreal »

May 30, 2019, 10:23:00 PM
Reply #1

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Fellowship - Hobbit Allies Deck
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 10:23:00 PM »
Nice deck! How are you getting consistent cycling, though? In an 80 card deck, finding Silinde or Master Proudfoot early enough sounds tricky. Still, it looks fun. I think I'll give it a try myself. Are most of your victories Shadow victories? That seems to be the big advantage, choke and cycle so you can play what you want against an unprepared Free Peoples.

May 31, 2019, 12:16:49 AM
Reply #2

mikeissurreal

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 12:16:49 AM »
Hey Phallen -

Absolutely.  The site 3 is huge for getting set up - if you haven't been able to draw a horn yet, you will almost assuredly grab one then.

The shadow side wins for this deck 95% of the time.

June 07, 2019, 02:29:52 PM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 02:29:52 PM »
The reason you are having so much trouble with Nazgul at sites 2 and 3 is that there are no copies of Hobbit Intuition and Hobbit Stealth! Even with Boromir's Horn doing the heavy lifting for your squad, I think you should consider having a few copies of those in the deck.
-wtk

July 05, 2019, 01:06:00 PM
Reply #4

mikeissurreal

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 01:06:00 PM »
Actually - I've found that the stealths lead to hand clog.  Whole idea is to play allies which allow you to cycle like crazy and set up shadow side.  If you make it to site 3, you'll be fine!

Updated deck list for Daichonon

July 09, 2019, 07:34:55 AM
Reply #5

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 07:34:55 AM »
Actually - I've found that the stealths lead to hand clog.  Whole idea is to play allies which allow you to cycle like crazy and set up shadow side.  If you make it to site 3, you'll be fine!
No one says that you have to hold onto Hobbit Intuition or Hobbit Stealth all game. Use them with reckless abandon if you want them out of your hand, or pitch them with Abandoning Reason for Madness.
-wtk