LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The White Council Set - Gandalf  (Read 3031 times)

June 08, 2019, 05:35:10 AM
Read 3031 times

caprylz

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
The White Council Set - Gandalf
« on: June 08, 2019, 05:35:10 AM »
Today's culture is Gandalf! These cards include a small new crop of unhasty ents that can skirmish at forest sites, as well as some support cards where Gandalf helps other cultures (particularly by boosting their resistance). Please let me know what you think, tell me what culture you'd like to see next, and check out the other cards in the set so far:

The One Ring and Sites
Dwarves
Wraith

[4] •Beechbone [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Unhasty.
While at a forest site, Beechbone may be assigned to skirmishes.
Manuever: If the fellowship is in region X, add X threats and exert Beechbone to make the fellowship's current site gain forest until the regroup phase.

[4] •Gandalf, Tharkun [Gandalf]
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
For each dwelling site in the current region, Gandalf is resistance +1.
For each battleground in the current region, Gandalf is strength +1.
For each underground site in the current region, Gandalf is damage +1.

[5]Treebeard, Unhasty Guardian [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Strength: 12
Unhasty.
To play, spot an unbound hobbit.
While at a forest site, Treebeard may be assigned to skirmishes.
Each time Treebeard wins a skirmish, you may discard an engine, a machine, or a Shadow condition borne by a companion.

[3] Unhasty Ent [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Strength: 8
Resistance: 5
Unhasty.
While at a forest site, this companion may be assigned to skirmishes.

[4] •Gandalf, Olorin [Gandalf]
Follower
Strength: +1
Aid - [2]. While Gandalf is attached to a companion, each companion of that companion's culture is resistance +2.

[2]Gandalf's Staff, Wizard's Rod [Gandalf]
Artifact • Staff
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be Gandalf. At the start of each skirmish involving him, you may remove 3 [Gandalf] tokens from your condition to play a skirmish event from your draw deck. Then remove that event from the game.

[1] •Gandalf's Hat, Wizard's Cap [Gandalf]
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be a wizard.
The minion archery total is -1.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may discard the top card of your draw deck. If it is a spell or a tale, you may add [1] to take it into hand.

(0)Disturber of the Peace [Gandalf]
Condition
Tale.
Bearer must be Gandalf. He is resistance +1 for each hobbit companion you can spot.

[1] •First Light on the Fifth Day [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, add a [Gandalf] token here.
While there are 5 Gandalf tokens here and you can spot a Wizard companion, each unbound companion with the Gandalf signet is resistance +3.

[1] Daybreak [Gandalf]
Condition
Weather.
To play, exert a Wizard. Plays on a site. Discard all Shadow conditions on that site.
When you play this condition, name orc, uruk-hai, troll, wraith, or Nazgul. Each minion of the named race at this site is strength -1.

[1] Fixed Upon Us [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a Wizard companion.
While you can spot more unbound companions than ring-bound companions, Shadow players may not assign ring-bound companions to skirmishes (unless all unbound companions are already assigned to skirmishes).

[1] Look to the East [Gandalf]
Condition
To play, spot a Wizard companion. Plays on a battleground site.
Each unbound companion at this site gains the Gandalf signet.

(0) The Finest Rockets Ever Seen [Gandalf]
Condition
Tale. Spell.
Plays on a Hobbit companion.
Regroup: If bearer was not assigned to a skirmish this turn, spot a Wizard companion and discard this condition to remove a burden or a threat.

[2] White Shores [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
To play, spot a Wizard. When you play this condition, remove a threat for each hobbit you can spot. Add a Gandalf token here for each threat removed this way.
Shadow cards may not add threats.
At the start of the regroup phase, add a threat for each token here. Discard this condition.

[1] A Little Nudge out of the Door [Gandalf]
Event • Fellowship
Tale.
Spot Gandalf to play a hobbit companion from your draw deck. If the fellowship is at a dwelling site, you may exert that hobbit to play the fellowship's next site.

[3] A Wizard Should Know Better [Gandalf]
Event • Fellowship
Spot X [Gandalf] companions in the dead pile to allow X ent companions to participate in skimishes until the end of the turn.

[2] Be Silent [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert a Wizard companion twice to make a minion that Wizard is skirmishing lose all game text (except card type and race) until the regroup phase.

(0) Break the Dam! [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 ents who are not assigned to a skirmish to discard an engine or a machine or make a Shadow player discard one of his or her conditions.

[2] Cry of Anguish [Gandalf]
Event • Response
If an ent is about to be killed, spot another ent. That ent can be assigned to skirmishes until the end of the turn and is strength +1 and damage +1 for each threat you can spot.

[1] Fellowship [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert a Wizard companion to make another companion strength +1 for each free peoples culture you can spot.

[3] Your Staff is Broken [Gandalf]
Event • Manuever
Spell.
Spot a Wizard companion and a minion. If that companion has more vitality than that minion, discard all shadow cards borne by that minion.

June 09, 2019, 08:10:05 AM
Reply #1

Wyrden333

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: The White Council Set - Gandalf
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 08:10:05 AM »
You went with ents. Okay.
I do like most of these cards. One thing I'd maybe change, is a limit once per bearer on The Finest Rockets Ever Seen. (Even though maybe I'd change my mind if I knew the hobbits i this set)
For Gandalf's Hat I wouldn't play it in a pure deck but maybe it'd be a good splash card in discard/mill decks? I'm not sure, but right now I do not see the use of this card.
Also I hope that maybe the hobbits will give some more site control? Right now I feel that that is a bit missing.
 :up:
Go King Standard!

June 13, 2019, 08:31:00 AM
Reply #2

caprylz

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 08:31:00 AM »
Good catch on Rockets. I'll add that later. Thanks for the feedback! Hobbits will be getting some limited site path flexibility. When we get there, let me know if you feel it fits.

June 24, 2019, 12:27:03 AM
Reply #3

Shapeshifter

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 12:27:03 AM »
Some more lore  :)
[4] •Beechbone [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Strength: 9
Unhasty.
While at a forest site, Beechbone may be assigned to skirmishes.
Manuever: If the fellowship is in region X, add X threats and exert Beechbone to make the fellowship's current site gain forest until the regroup phase.
"'One of them, Beechbone I think he was called, a very tall handsome Ent…'"

[4] •Gandalf, Tharkun [Gandalf]
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Resistance: 7
For each dwelling site in the current region, Gandalf is resistance +1.
For each battleground in the current region, Gandalf is strength +1.
For each underground site in the current region, Gandalf is damage +1.
"…and those who listened to him awoke from despair and put away the imaginations of darkness."

[5]Treebeard, Unhasty Guardian [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Strength: 12
Unhasty.
To play, spot an unbound hobbit.
While at a forest site, Treebeard may be assigned to skirmishes.
Each time Treebeard wins a skirmish, you may discard an engine, a machine, or a Shadow condition borne by a companion.
"...they were looking at a most extraordinary face. It belonged to a large Man-like, almost Troll-like, figure…"

[3] Unhasty Ent [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Strength: 8
Resistance: 5
Unhasty.
While at a forest site, this companion may be assigned to skirmishes.
"'A punch from an Ent-fist crumples up iron like thin tin.'"

[4] •Gandalf, Olorin [Gandalf]
Follower
Strength: +1
Aid - [2]. While Gandalf is attached to a companion, each companion of that companion's culture is resistance +2.
"'Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten.'"

[2]Gandalf's Staff, Wizard's Rod [Gandalf]
Artifact • Staff
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be Gandalf. At the start of each skirmish involving him, you may remove 3 [Gandalf] tokens from your condition to play a skirmish event from your draw deck. Then remove that event from the game.
"He raised his staff, and for a brief instant there was a blaze like a flash of lightning."

[1] •Gandalf's Hat, Wizard's Cap [Gandalf]
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be a wizard.
The minion archery total is -1.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may discard the top card of your draw deck. If it is a spell or a tale, you may add [1] to take it into hand.
"Another pierced Gandalf's hat and stuck there like a black feather."

(0)Disturber of the Peace [Gandalf]
Condition
Tale.
Bearer must be Gandalf. He is resistance +1 for each hobbit companion you can spot.
"'If only that dratted wizard will leave young Frodo alone, perhaps he'll settle down and grow some hobbit-sense…'"

[1] •First Light on the Fifth Day [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, add a [Gandalf] token here.
While there are 5 Gandalf tokens here and you can spot a Wizard companion, each unbound companion with the Gandalf signet is resistance +3.
"As he looked forth he saw the eastern sky grow pale."

[1] Daybreak [Gandalf]
Condition
Weather.
To play, exert a Wizard. Plays on a site. Discard all Shadow conditions on that site.
When you play this condition, name orc, uruk-hai, troll, wraith, or Nazgul. Each minion of the named race at this site is strength -1.
"Light sprang in the sky. Night departed."

(0) The Finest Rockets Ever Seen [Gandalf]
Condition
Tale. Spell.
Plays on a Hobbit companion.
Regroup: If bearer was not assigned to a skirmish this turn, spot a Wizard companion and discard this condition to remove a burden or a threat.
"The art of Gandalf improved with age."

[3] A Wizard Should Know Better [Gandalf]
Event • Fellowship
Spot X [Gandalf] companions in the dead pile to allow X ent companions to participate in skimishes until the end of the turn.
"'There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men bad enough for such treachery.'"

[2] Be Silent [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert a Wizard companion twice to make a minion that Wizard is skirmishing lose all game text (except card type and race) until the regroup phase.
"'The wise speak only of what they know, Grima son of Galmod.'"

(0) Break the Dam! [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 ents who are not assigned to a skirmish to discard an engine or a machine or make a Shadow player discard one of his or her conditions.
"…the Ents broke the dams and poured all the gathered waters through a gap in the northern wall, down into Isengard."

[1] Fellowship [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert a Wizard companion to make another companion strength +1 for each free peoples culture you can spot.
"'With you and your faithful servant, Gandalf will go; for this shall be his great task...'"

[3] Your Staff is Broken [Gandalf]
Event • Manuever
Spell.
Spot a Wizard companion and a minion. If that companion has more vitality than that minion, discard all shadow cards borne by that minion.
"There was a crack, and the staff split asunder in Saruman's hand…"

June 25, 2019, 08:16:57 AM
Reply #4

caprylz

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 08:16:57 AM »
Shapeshifter, I love these! It makes it feel more real to see the cards with lore added. Thanks!