LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Gonder men lead by Gandalf  (Read 5244 times)

August 04, 2019, 01:47:08 PM
Read 5244 times

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Gonder men lead by Gandalf
« on: August 04, 2019, 01:47:08 PM »
Here is for Ket, I saw your message from 2017 and I knew I had to act. Tomorrow a friend of mine is dropping by and we decided to play a game of LotR, something we do once every year. We made a pact so to say. So as soon as I was finished with the deck, I came to this place to share it with you guys. Madg0blin, if you are reading, stop now, you will face it tomorrow  [-X

Starting fellowship:

Isildur, BoH
The One Ring, ATAR
Gandalf, LoM
Vorondil

Saved from the Fire 4x
Servant of the Secret Fire
Terrible and Evil
Sleep, Caradhras
On Your Doorstep
Barliman Butterbur, PPP
Glamdring
Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar
Faramir, Son of Denethor
Boromir, Lord of Gondor
Elendil, The Tall
Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith
Derufin
The Shards of Narsil
Sapling of the White Tree 4x
Scroll of Isildur
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
Anduril, Flame of the West
Ring of Barahir
Still Sharp 3x
Banner of the White Tree
Noble Leaders 2x
Stone Tower

Shadow

Grima, Wormtongue
Grima, Chief Counselor
The Witch-King, Morgul King 2x
Ulaire Attea, Keeper of Dol Goldur
Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One 2x
Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul 2x
Ulaire Toldea, Thrall of the One
Ulaire Toldea, Wraith on Wings
Ulaire Cantea, Faster than Winds 2x
Ulaire Lemenya, Assailing Minion 2x
Ulaire Lemenya, Lieutenant of Morgul
Morgul Squealer
Morgul Brute
Blade Tip 3x
Black Breath 2x
Black Steed
Morgul Blade
Between Nazgul and Prey 2x
Morgul Gates, 3x
Dark Whispers, 2x
News of Mordor

The aim of the fellowship is simple, build the core army and power through. Elendil, Aragorn, hard to get rid of artifacts, some healing etc. I love to be low on conditions, and if I have some, I like to be able to get them back. That is why On Your Doorstep is there. Just a way of getting something back I really need. That Still Sharp, that Noble Leaders, that Stone Tower etc. Barliman is there to get either On Your Doorstep back or perhaps Servant of the Secret Fire, or, if all goes wrong that needed Saved from the Fire. I think the rest is pretty clear.

The shadow is based on the idea of not knowing what to expect. Hardly anyone -and take this with a huge pile of salt, since I don't know any meta these days- plays events with Nazgul. And they can be so good. Do a little bit of everything and try to time the events the best way possible: hit with a blow!

That's it, thoughts are welcome and I will let you know how things ended!

..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

August 05, 2019, 05:28:09 AM
Reply #1

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Gonder men lead by Gandalf
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 05:28:09 AM »
Hey there my favorite geography teacher! Back into these boards after a long winter :)

Was looking at your deck list as I've built myself a similar one couple months ago.

I take it you never burn Gandalf, right? The idea is to burn vorondil and set up at site 3 with denethor also?

In mine I have the option of burning gandalf to get Sent Back, leader of the company and palando / watch and wait depending on the shadow I'm playing against.

August 05, 2019, 06:38:56 AM
Reply #2

leokula

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 06:38:56 AM »
Oh, I just realized it's movie!

August 05, 2019, 10:09:20 AM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 10:09:20 AM »
Here is for Ket, I saw your message from 2017 and I knew I had to act. Tomorrow a friend of mine is dropping by and we decided to play a game of LotR, something we do once every year. We made a pact so to say. So as soon as I was finished with the deck, I came to this place to share it with you guys.

That's it, thoughts are welcome and I will let you know how things ended!
Heije! Thanks for sharing!

How did the game go? Don't forget the rules...if you don't show back up here and let us know how it went, that makes you a big liar.
-wtk

August 06, 2019, 11:26:26 PM
Reply #4

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 11:26:26 PM »
Was working on the reply, then forgot and now I am here. Hey you guys! So great to are you!! Thanks as well for the comments regarding the deck; they were very helpful :-p.

The deck worked great. He was playing archery elfs with Isengard Trackers. There were some conditions but then I put Caradhras to sleep. I love On Your Doorstep. It gives options.
My shadow didn't do much. He never had burdens so the events didn't hurt him one bit.

So I just outran him.....no sweat.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...