LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Any interest in a "favorite card" voting contest?  (Read 3234 times)

November 10, 2019, 05:50:41 PM
Read 3234 times

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
Any interest in a "favorite card" voting contest?
« on: November 10, 2019, 05:50:41 PM »
I can't remember participating in something like this before for LotR. Before I jump in and start tabulating lists or anything, I'd like to get y'all's input.

If we went for it, I can easily imagine such a contest following two different paths. First, each participant could select their favorite card from each card type, culture, set, etc. Second - and more like a contest - cards could be randomly assigned to face-off against one another, forcing participants to vote for their favorite of the two. The second option would take considerably longer, but might be more informative when all is said and accounted for.

:-k Or maybe a combination of the two. In the first round, every card is open to voting. Once completed, any card not voted for at all is automatically eliminated, vastly reducing the size and scope of the second round.

Literally anything else could work though. I'm merely starting the discussion - so, discuss!

November 11, 2019, 09:38:48 AM
Reply #1

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Online
  • Bowman
Re: Any interest in a "favorite card" voting contest?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »
I've thought about something similar for least favorite cards. Proof that I'm just a negative person ;) I'd be interested, though it wouldn't be very interesting with only a handful of people. One potential direction, especially for the second path, would be to break things out so that heavyweights such as Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark aren't competing against cards along the lines of Eowyn, Lady of Rohan or Hrethel, Rider of Rohan. Maybe by function? Or hey, maybe they should all be together so that Eomer can prove to everyone that the best companion is just a killer fighter.

I'm totally a fan of just arguing about why certain cards are the best, but not everyone loves a good scrap as much as I do :) That's what I envision for the first type - laying out a case why your favorite card is the best, even if you acknowledge it's only the best for you. I think the second option would be better once there are a satisfactory number of people (whatever that number may be), as the competition aspect would be more pronounced.