LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Larry5000.  (Read 2954 times)

January 15, 2020, 10:05:26 PM
Read 2954 times

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
Larry5000.
« on: January 15, 2020, 10:05:26 PM »
[1] •Larry, Seeker of Knowledge [Gondor]
Ally • Home 3[K] • Man
Strength: 3
Vitality: 3
Signet: Gandalf
Muster. To play, reveal your hand (or exert Gandalf).
Fellowship: Exert Larry to take Questions That Need Answering into hand from your draw deck.

January 16, 2020, 03:36:15 PM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Larry5000.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 03:36:15 PM »
:gp:

Cheers,
-wtk

January 17, 2020, 12:59:29 AM
Reply #2

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 12:59:29 AM »
I'd add "Ignore the twilight spotting trigger in Questions that Need Answering" so it can add [3] per time, even if there's a huge pile of those dark marbles already.

And perhaps "for each copy of Questions that Need Answering in your discard pile, Larry is strength +2."
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 01:02:32 AM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

January 17, 2020, 10:04:14 AM
Reply #3

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 10:04:14 AM »
 =D> :lol:

Have a cookie!  :gp:
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

January 17, 2020, 10:16:12 AM
Reply #4

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 10:16:12 AM »
[1] •Larry, 5001  [Gondor]
Ally • Home 3[K] • Man
Strength: 3
Vitality: 3
Signet: Gandalf
Exert Larry to play Hidden Knowledge from your draw deck, then remove it from the game.
" I forgot the old one [password]...So I did the next best thing I started a new account."

We love you Larry, the forums haven't been this active in ages!
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

January 17, 2020, 10:41:22 AM
Reply #5

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 10:41:22 AM »
(0) • Larry, the 50001st [???]
Ally • Home: 1F • Man[?]
Strength: 2
Vitality: 1
The twilight cost of Bent on Discovery is +3.
"I need to order some extra copies of Barliman Butterbut."

Cheers,
-wtk

January 18, 2020, 06:01:05 AM
Reply #6

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 06:01:05 AM »
We love you Larry, the forums haven't been this active in ages!
Yes we do! Here's my homage, sort of:

[2] Larrying [Gandalf]
Event • Fellowship
Spot Larry and reveal a card of a given culture from your hand to mention 2 words. Discard cards from the top of your draw deck until you discard a card of that culture whose game text (or card title) mentions both words. Take the last card discarded this way into your hand.
"'Besides certain fortifications is there another card similar to While we yet live that reduces a minion's strength in a Skirmish Event,  I keep thinking there is but I might be just imagining it'"

(It's like Curling, but with a different Stooge.)

So you want [Rohan] condition discard, or [Dwarven] token resourcefulness, or say the Pale Blade as soon as possible? Just play Larry, use this event and ipso facto, you got it! If you don't care about the risk of milling yourself into extintion, or can afford to do it (I'm looking at you, Sgtdraino!), this is your solution.

Be careful to aim towards something that actually exists, or else you'll burn your deck slowly as a candle before the amazed (if not angry) face of your opponent. Which, from a different perspective, can be awesome if you're in a trolling mood: say "diplodocus" and "covfefe," and enjoy your trip towards a resourceless game!

So know how your cards work, know well your strategy, and mill!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 06:11:52 AM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

January 20, 2020, 04:13:51 AM
Reply #7

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 04:13:51 AM »

Be careful to aim towards something that actually exists, or else you'll burn your deck slowly as a candle before the amazed (if not angry) face of your opponent. Which, from a different perspective, can be awesome if you're in a trolling mood: say "diplodocus" and "covfefe," and enjoy your trip towards a resourceless game! [\quote]

So know how your cards work, know well your strategy, and mill!

I think a more subtle approach to trolling would work better.  Your opponent would pick up that you're just milling yourself with "diplodocus" and stop paying attention while you mill yourself.  Pick a card that would actually be a concern, but that you don't have in your deck.
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

January 24, 2020, 11:29:19 AM
Reply #8

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 11:29:19 AM »
I think a more subtle approach to trolling would work better.  Your opponent would pick up that you're just milling yourself with "diplodocus" and stop paying attention while you mill yourself.  Pick a card that would actually be a concern, but that you don't have in your deck.
You're totally right, more tension and waiting equals to more trolling, yeah! :up:

January 25, 2020, 08:37:17 AM
Reply #9

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 08:37:17 AM »
[3] The Art of Larry [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Larry.
Each time you are about to draw, reveal or discard a fixed number of cards from your draw deck, you may exert a companion to reveal those cards plus two additional ones. Return them to the top of your draw deck in any order.
"'To be sure, cards like Guidance of the Istari when needing to spot Gandalf men can the ally men be considered for spotting even if you are not at their home site.'"

So you play Delving for 1 exertion to draw 3, but you may exert again to reveal 5 and draw the 3 you want most. Questions that Need Aswering can be boosted too, as well as losing to Uruk Rager to try and protect key cards still on your deck. Even reconciling (which means drawing a fixed number)...

The card is non-unique, so per each copy you may increase the cards to reveal by 2. But be careful to not destroy your own fellowship in the process (as well as your opponent's patience).