LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Towers Extended format - I want to build a Wraith/Easterling deck!  (Read 3497 times)

January 19, 2020, 04:14:00 PM
Read 3497 times

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
...but I could use some help. I saw the format on GEMP and it appeals to me - sets 4-6, 9, 14, and 16. I adore the Wraith Collection and want to fold those Wraiths into some sort of devious corruption plot. I wish there was synergy with the [Sauron] Wraiths from Ents of Fangorn but I don't see how they can work well together, so for now my desires reside with [Raider], specifically Easterlings.

Any initial thoughts? Have you played with or against a deck like this before? What FP might complement such a strat?

September 23, 2020, 01:21:35 PM
Reply #1

azogsbane

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Towers Extended format - I want to build a Wraith/Easterling deck!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 01:21:35 PM »
I've been wondering about this too. A minute ago, I started a thread with a similar question, but when I saw yours I deleted it. No sense having two threads on the same topic. My question was simply "Is there any effective way to use these guys: Wisp of Pale Sheen, Corpse Lights, Dead Ones?"

September 23, 2020, 02:29:48 PM
Reply #2

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 02:29:48 PM »
Wisp of Pale Sheen can be played at Regroup by Peril or Spied From Above, ensuring it won't be killed during Archery or Skirmish. I believe it's the only good thing that can ever be said about any those 3 Wraiths, sadly.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

September 25, 2020, 09:46:24 PM
Reply #3

azogsbane

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 09:46:24 PM »
Wisp of Pale Sheen can be played at Regroup by Peril or Spied From Above, ensuring it won't be killed during Archery or Skirmish. I believe it's the only good thing that can ever be said about any those 3 Wraiths, sadly.

Interesting. That's a potentially lethal combo. If your opponent allows a bunch of your orcs to survive you could add quite a few burdens with just one Wisp of Pale Sheen.

September 26, 2020, 05:31:12 AM
Reply #4

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 05:31:12 AM »
No, Peril / Spied From Above play minions from hand during Regroup. So all those cards do is skip the normal wounding phases for that minion and bring it to the board both exhausted and cheapened, granted you have the vitality to pay at Regroup. They can synergyze in theory at least with [Sauron] Wisp of Pale Sheen, Orc Infantry, Teeth of Mordor, Grond HotU, Tower Walkway, Troop Tower, Rank and File; [Wraith] More Unbearable, Lemenya WoW, Nelya BMW, Nertea BMW, Otsea BMW, Otsea ToTO, Shapes Slowly Advancing.

Of those, Orc Infantry, Wisp of Pale Sheen, More Unbearable / Shapes Slowly Advancing and the Regroup self-discarding Nazgul are consistently useful to some degree. The [Wraith] ones become easier to use if you're playing with Enduring self-healing Nazgul (since Spied From Above is otherwise impossible to use against Rohan or Archery).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 10:39:31 AM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

September 30, 2020, 09:30:44 PM
Reply #5

azogsbane

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 09:30:44 PM »
No, Peril / Spied From Above play minions from hand during Regroup.

Oh, right. Duh. I should have known I was missing something. Are there any [Sauron] cards that shuffle cards back into your draw deck, so you could draw more Wisps?

October 02, 2020, 10:33:29 PM
Reply #6

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 10:33:29 PM »
The only [Sauron] card I know to recycle them is Preparations + RBBN.

Well, actually Evil Afoot should work well with [Sauron] Uruks in a dedicated [Sauron] burden deck.

October 04, 2020, 01:16:00 PM
Reply #7

azogsbane

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 01:16:00 PM »
When you put it that way, We Shall Meet Again Soon would also work.