LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Game Results  (Read 71535 times)

November 05, 2008, 06:43:37 PM
Read 71535 times

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
Game Results
« on: November 05, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »
 This topic is for REAL LIFE game results. Could a mod sticky this please.
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

November 06, 2008, 11:51:36 AM
Reply #1

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Game Results
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »
Yeah, that'd be nice. Not all games are played on SdA, you know. :up:

November 06, 2008, 12:46:04 PM
Reply #2

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »
Ok here's the first result: A win for CCCORNIV.

Fellowship block - his Aragorn and Boromir beat my "beat-down" Uruk minions with amazing ease. I had almost no fellowship come out and at site 5 the Balrog showed his fiery face and killed my Dwarf Guard and Gimli, leaving just Frodo and an exhausted Legolas.  Leggy dies at site 6 and still no other companions came to play, so at site 7 little Frodo with no sword faced 2 Orcs and died a horrible death.  Not a good game for me, deck did not flow at all.
CCC on the other hand played 3 Bounder at site 3 and Dwarven Smith, had all his conditions out early, armored up and all possessions before facing the Balrog.  He exerted Boromir to bring up a Bounder to fight, exerted that Bounder to make Frodo not be overwhelmed unless tripled and put the Balrog to fight Frodo, Bounder taking the fierce fight and dying.
Not the best game we've played, but always fun, even though you know you're marching to your doom.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who know binary and those who don't.
You don't have a backpack. What you have there is an invisible leather TARDIS.

November 06, 2008, 06:16:49 PM
Reply #3

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:16:49 PM »
  I played my non-choke Boromir/Aragorn deck with help from plenty of allies, The Shards of Narsil, Still Sharp and many other skirmish events.  The Shadow side was my "Exert to Hurt"  Isenguard Orcs. combined with Tower of Orthanc for extra twilight and some other nastiness that didn't come into play.   

I kept expecting more companions to come out for you, but when you moved from site 4 to site 5 without playing any I knew you were in trouble.  Thanks to the Tower of Orthanc and your exhausted Dwarf Guard I had a few extra tokens to play with. I wasn't going to play the Balrog, but after you made me discard my Orc Commander I didn't have a choice.  I wanted to play my Orc Commander and a couple of Isengard Servant s so I could place at least 7 wounds (would have been 8, but I would have taken 1 archery wound from Legolas)  in the regroup phase, not counting any skirmishes I would have won.  Then I was going to discard all 3 with The Trees Are Strong to make you place 3 more wounds.   It would have been cool (for me) to pull that one off, but you thwarted that plan. 

It was just one of those horrible non-flowing days for Ulmo and I was able to get my Fellowship set up quickly.  Lately our games have gone back and forth so tomorrow I'll probably have the bad luck.

November 08, 2008, 06:34:11 PM
Reply #4

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 06:34:11 PM »
Winner: CCCORNIV
Format: Fellowship

My Dwarf tank discard/Uruk Mordor discard
His Aragorn-Boromir-Legolas-Arwen/Twilight Nazgul

My tank deck did just that - tanked.  Only got 4 comps out out of 8.  Couldn't pull any minions out to do any discarding thanks to archery.  Aragorn got loaded early, I couldn't put a wound on his comps.  The one thing I avoided was Return to its Master, plus Gimli put 3 wounds on the Witch King, and then discarded the other from the top of his draw deck.
We were neck and neck to site 7 but I didn't have any minions in hand so he doubled to 9 and I got 3 minions out but against 5 comps it was his game.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who know binary and those who don't.

November 11, 2008, 11:57:03 AM
Reply #5

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 11:57:03 AM »
Winner: CCCORNIV vs Ulmo
Format: Tower Block

My Mounted Elf Archers :) and Isengard Man/Archery
His Rohan and Nazgul/Orc/Balrog/Cave Troll/I don't know what else may have been in there deck. 

Well my Isengard Man deck is really only effective versus Rohan and Gondor. Luckily for me Ulmo was playing Rohan.  I went first and was able to get horses for Legolas and my Elite Rider as well as play two Lorien Swordsman (S)  with one of those being mounted.  With all that twilight Ulmo was able to beat me down pretty good with a fierce Nazgul and a couple of orcs. I decided to stop at site 2 to also give me a chance to get my elven bows out.  On Ulmo's turn my shadow side flowed just as well as my free peopl's side and I was able to play Agents of Orthanc and exert him to place wounded on Eomer and exert again to place wounded on Eowyn.  That kind of set the stage for the game.  I was able to play Feathered whenever he had a big minion out to make my Lorien Swordmen more powerful and on the shadow side conditions like Banished to weaken slowed his fellowship.  Grima, Wormtongue helped out at getting rid of Eomer's posessions. At site 5 I was able to play 3 Uruk Crossbowman, Ranged Commander and Grima to finish off the fellowship.  My deck just flowed perfect today and it's been a long time that cards have come out right when I wanted them to.

November 11, 2008, 01:02:49 PM
Reply #6

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 01:02:49 PM »
Should have played my Ent deck!!!

November 12, 2008, 11:20:59 AM
Reply #7

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 11:20:59 AM »
Winner: Me (Yay) vs CCCORNIV
Format: Tower

My Elf Archery/Southron-Uruk Archery deck
His Kitchen Sink deck (It has 44 cards each side - seriously)

He needed to pull Aragorn at site 1 so he bid 2 burdens to my 0. Starting with Legolas and Gimli, he also added run-away hobbitses Merry and Pippin - 6 comps at site 1. I got some minions out to put on some archery wounds, they're not there to do much skirmishing. He double moved to site 3, Another wound or two for him, he was in good shape to heal at Sanctuary. I got 1 bow and 2 other Elves out at site 1, he couldn'y put much on me as my 2 archery wounds were nice to dish out, double moved to site 3 with 1 wound on Legolas. We both double moved from 3 to 5, not taking too much damage, but he had Final Count and My Axe is Notched ans was starting to load them up. He then moved to 6 and stopped because the runaways had runnoft and Gimli was damaged. This left me the option to gain the advantage and with only 1 wound on Legolas I doubled up to 7  With 5 unbound companions he pulls out Hornburg Causeway so I had 4 archery wounds to dish out. I had no problem with 6 comps all pretty much healthy. He doubled to 8, taking 8 archery wounds at 7 thanks to his playing the hobbits at site 6 and my 4 archers.  I played 2 more Elves (8 comps) and had all 4 elven bows out, he played a few minions, one biggie that was fierce that killed off 2 comps at site 8 and 2 more at site 9, but I had more than enough to hold him off.
The game basically came down to his stopping to heal at 6 and my luck to skip it and keep going. Was a good game though.

November 12, 2008, 11:36:25 AM
Reply #8

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 11:36:25 AM »
 I should have kept going at site 6, but I didn't want to risk having to finish the game with a Aragorn, Frodo and two runaway hobbitses.  Looking back, yeah I should have doubled.  At the end when I needed to draw minions or We Must Have It so Gollum, Stinker could come out and take the archery wounds, all I was pulling was FP events.  My Sink deck was a Stink deck today and your deck flowed like mine did yesterday.  Until tomorrow..

November 13, 2008, 10:46:33 AM
Reply #9

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 10:46:33 AM »
Winner CCCORNIV vs Ulmo
Format: Tower Block

My Elven Archery/Mounted Southron Archery/Wounding
His Rohan and Dunland Site Control

I went first, his site 2 skipped the archery phase and I played a couple of possessions and companions at site 1.  Needless to say I took a beating there, because he was able to play 4 Dunlanders, I doubled to site 3.  I was able to get a 2nd Elven bow out at site 3 and there was no looking back from there.  I never had to skirmish after site 2 so I doubled the rest of the way, Ulmo also had some flow issues today, so that helped me out even more.

November 13, 2008, 11:04:52 AM
Reply #10

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 11:04:52 AM »
Seemed as though I was facing 19 companions with 37 bows ... sigh.  Just wait till I photoshop Rohirrim Village so it's my site card for all 9 sites, then we'll see whose Elves are smiling.

November 13, 2008, 11:43:51 AM
Reply #11

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »
:lol: Just make sure that you change the shadow number on a few.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 11:45:48 AM by CCCORNIV »

November 13, 2008, 03:36:08 PM
Reply #12

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 03:36:08 PM »
This should be called the CCCORNIV vs. Ulmo results thread. :lol:

November 14, 2008, 06:50:13 AM
Reply #13

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 06:50:13 AM »
This should be called the CCCORNIV vs. Ulmo results thread. :lol:
Or maybe the "How CCCORNIV beat Ulmo today" thread.  A few weeks ago it was very even, but lately it's been  #-o.

November 14, 2008, 07:10:50 AM
Reply #14

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 07:10:50 AM »
:lol: Are we the only people on here that actually use our cards to play?