LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Game Results  (Read 73120 times)

November 14, 2008, 07:13:41 AM
Reply #15

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
Re: Game Results
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 07:13:41 AM »
It sure would appear that way, but hopefully soon I will get into the action :up:.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

November 14, 2008, 07:52:24 AM
Reply #16

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 07:52:24 AM »
We were just talking about driving up to play you sometime :up:
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who know binary and those who don't.
You don't have a backpack. What you have there is an invisible leather TARDIS.

November 14, 2008, 10:10:42 AM
Reply #17

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 10:10:42 AM »
I play every now and than, but a lot of my friends aren't too enchanted with the game.
I've been playing myself using my own decks...but it doesn't work to well.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

November 14, 2008, 02:50:23 PM
Reply #18

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 02:50:23 PM »
We were just talking about driving up to play you sometime :up:

Yeah he mentioned we should get together after football season and play some. I can always meet up with you guys somewhere in the middle or we can just rotate every other meeting :up:. Either way is cool with me for a few games.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

November 16, 2008, 10:21:08 AM
Reply #19

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »
And due to friends far away I only seldom play with my cards...SDA is willingly though....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

November 17, 2008, 03:36:30 PM
Reply #20

Ulmo

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 03:36:30 PM »
Friday's Game:
Format: Tower block.
Winner: CCCORNIV over Ulmo
His Uruk beatdown beat down my twilight spewing Ents.

Today's Game:
Format: Tower block.
Winner: Ulmo over CCCORNIV
His Rohan/possession discarding Dunlanders
My Rohan/Discard to wound Isengard Orcs

My comps came out early but I had a feeling that Golden Hall was coming so I kept a hold of Eomer's Spear. He could only play One guy at site 3 but he was a biggie and he overwhelmed my poor little Merry. He also doubled to site 3, I could discard 3 orcs to put some wounds on him, big deal as he was now at Sanctuary.
Whenever he'd win, he was able to discard my possessions and there wasn't a skirmish I won. Luckily my deck was possession heavy and was able to replace them. We both moved to 4 and stopped. I moved to 5 and couldn't move again because he kept having big ugly guys out there that I couldn't beat. He doubled to 6 with me not putting anything on him. I moved to 6 and stopped to heal. He went to 7 and stopped trying to get the kill. He played a couple of minions and discarded all my possessions and they became fierce and killed 2 more guys.
At this point I stopped and had 3 minions in my hand, drew 5 and had 4 more minions, he had 6 comps with Aragorn being defender+1. I played nothing at site 8, hoping he'd double and that I would be able to pick up one more minion. At site 9 I could draw a card for every companion over 4, so 2 more cards, one of which was a minion.
I slapped down 8 minions and Frodo without his sword was overwhelmed.
Basically the win came down to luck of the draw - but a win is still an win   :twisted:
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world.  Those who know binary and those who don't.
You don't have a backpack. What you have there is an invisible leather TARDIS.

November 17, 2008, 04:35:00 PM
Reply #21

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »
 I went to visit some friends in Wichita this last Friday and we played a game.

Spencer's: [Elven] Brothers/ [Wraith] Corruption
 Wyatt's: [Dwarven] Swarm & Beatdown/ [Men] Archery
 My: [Shire] Brden Removal Engine/ 1 Twilight Cost Swarm

Let's just say they wanted to kill me and suceeded :(. I had a 14 Resistance Frodo and had 11 Burdens at site 6 :o. Well Spencer dropped a Fierce Nazgul and... The Witch-king w/ The Pale Blade, Sword of Flame. :'(  Not to mention a Sense of Obligation on Rosie Cotton, Barmaid. So I had 2 options. assign Rosie to a skirmish and have the WK win a skirmish and corrupt me, or not assign Rosie to a skirmish and be corrupted. So in the end I lost. #-o

Oh, Spencer might join the site soon, his decks are Awesome :up:
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

November 18, 2008, 05:59:23 AM
Reply #22

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 05:59:23 AM »
 Here is the second game we played.

Vengence's: [Dwarven] Beatdown/  [Isengard] Site Control
 Wyatt's: [Dwarven] Swarm & Beatdown/ [Men] Archery
 My: [Gondor] Anorion Beatdown/ [Men] Archery

This was a pretty uneventful game. :lol: They got really anoyed by Anarion, who killed everthing they could play. But I just kept moving and finnally reached site 9, virtuallt untouched.

Winner: ME  =D>
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:05:56 PM by GarrisonofGondor »
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

November 18, 2008, 08:48:58 AM
Reply #23

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 08:48:58 AM »
How long do your 3 player games normally last GG?  My wife and I played a 4 player game with Ulmo and his wife a couple of years back and I swear it took at least 4 hours to play that game. :lol: Could have been longer.

November 18, 2008, 05:44:08 PM
Reply #24

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »
Well we moved the limit every turn so it only took 1 Hr. I have to point out that we're expert players so that cut the time.

December 25, 2008, 02:08:53 PM
Reply #25

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »
This very Monday I met with two friends with whom I play lotr once in a while. I made 3 different decks for 3 different games. We agreed to play an expanded multiplayer game, a movieblock game and a standardgame.
First game was my movieblock deck. I made a -especially on the paper- great deck with Slaked Thirsts. My objective was to load  Preparations with ST, than ditch it in maneuver, Quick as May be to finish a key minion and leave some other minions to die to Elven archery. My shadow was morgularchery. He made little to no twilight and with a hand only containing shadow (after mulligan) it was hard to do anything constructive on either side of the deck. Nonetheless I won.
Second game was a standard game vs McTono aka Captain Slow. He puts so much thinking in to his game that it is sometimes wearing you out, but he is a great player, probably thanks to that ;). I played a Isildur Ringbearer/gandalf deck, with forestguls on the side. He played ringbound hobbits and corsairs. Normally a tough match-up, but this time I was the one on the good side. He once managed to play a very cool swarm, but due to sitemanipulation he didn't do anything, cause Caras Galadhon was appearing in the maneuver. Shapes Slowly Advancing was lurking to do it's job and I won.

Best game though -from my perspective that is- was the mulitplayergame. I put some thinking into it and came with Hunter Elves with Gil Galad, to replay Elven Marksmenship turn after turn. On the shadow I had Moria Swarms, cause I think that is a very good shadow when it comes to multiplayer. You need little to no twilight and so you can always increase the threat as well as ditch your hand.
McTono played a very beautiful rohandeck with nazguls and Anarion played Dwarves and Ninja Gollum. But after my lightning start, due to Gamling and the grabbing of Celebring, Woodhall Elf, Silver Ewer and Thorongil, they had not a huge chance in getting through. On site 4 I swarmed McTono with 7 minions, and in Anarions turn I could empty my Swarms so he was facing 10 minions with 3 dwarves...Liked it a lot!!!

After that I played a movieblock game again with McTono. The whole concept didn't do anything, and I made a fatal mistake by not swarming him at site 5. He could take out my fellowship 1 by 1 with his corsairs, with a beautiful placed Fierce in Despair.....I was dissapointed, but that was due to my poor drawing...:(

All in all a beautiful day, with a few nice games....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

December 25, 2008, 03:36:14 PM
Reply #26

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2008, 03:36:14 PM »
 Very nice Gil-Estel. Elendil!UrukFear and I are meeting some friends on Jan 1. Hope to have some games to post then.

January 08, 2009, 09:27:06 AM
Reply #27

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 09:27:06 AM »
ahhh finally getting back to playing.

Played yesterday vs. aragorn ellessar.  HE was running random raiders with knights, while I was using Borormir, doomed heir and swarm uruk hai.

I had an easy double to 3, as I drew heirs of gondor and blade of gondor in my starting hand.  Pulled a kingsfoil and bow of minas tirith there, while He stopped at 2, as I didn't play anything and was afraid i was planning swarm.

I singled to 4, and than stopped, for the same reasons he had.  he than doubled to 4, as I was saving minions to drop the bomb.  Boromir was now a beast, and I picked up guarded city and tradesman of lebennin.  every exertion made him something like +4-5 and I had 5 tokens on heirs of gondor.

AE was suffering from hand clog, and his free peoples side was lagging a turn behind me ( I had won the bid of course)  my bomb on site 5 failed for lack of twilight, but I did get a minion on isildur.  his banner kinda hurt me healing the majority of wounds.  By now I was on site 6, and nothing was getting past.
with me playing Aragorn and another tradesman he was able to swarm, but defender +1 boromir saved me.  and the 8 tokens on heirs of gondor helped.  He was able to double to 8, but I just had a single to 9 to win.

Well my boromir deck works, now to test my Rohan/Orc.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

January 11, 2009, 07:25:41 PM
Reply #28

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 07:25:41 PM »
 I played a 4 player game tonight. Here it is.

My: Gimili Health Deck/ [Uruk] Lurkers
 Elendil!UrukFear's: [Gondor] Kinghts/ [Uruk] Damagers
 Beregond25's: [Gondor] Rangers and Wraiths/ [Orc] Corruption
 BiddingBoy's: [Dwarven] Possesion/ [Men] Wounding

The game was uneventful untill Elendil!UrukFear, Beregond25, and I, swarmed BiddingBoy at site 7. Since there were four of use, I went from site 6 to 9 for the win with: Frodo, Tired Traveller w/ The Great Ring, Gimili Fully Loaded, Farin, Fror, Dwarven Warrior, a'' with an Endurance of Dwarves. I KILLED THE BALROG, WITH GIMIL,NOT EVEN JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!! Battle to The Last ROCKS.

January 25, 2009, 07:29:05 PM
Reply #29

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2009, 07:29:05 PM »
 Played a three player game today.

My: Lorien Swordsman/ [Isengard] Anti-Archery Uruk-hai
 Beregond25's: [Elven] Archery/ Nazgul Overwhealm (He made the deck you suggested Elf_Lvr =D>)
 Biddingboy's: Driven by Threats/ Nazgul something

Basiclly we only had three main events. First, I killed Beregond25's Feveldir at site 3. Second, I follishly moved to site 5 and Biddingboy had enough to play Sauron, DLoM and a Fierce Nazgul. That killed Greenleaf and Gamling. Which in turn killed my Galadriel, because I had to fight. Then Beregond dropped Shotgun Enquea at site 6 which killed his main companion, Aragorn, Driven by need. Beregond played some possessions and BB dropped 3 fierce nazgul. They kill all Beregond's companions except the ring-bearer. Which should have had B25 win right, wrong. BB had a SSA with a token on it. He discarded the three nazgul wich corrupted his ring-bearer.

Great game guys  =D>
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 07:49:40 PM by GarrisonofGondor »