LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Game Results  (Read 73181 times)

February 16, 2010, 07:10:53 PM
Reply #60

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Re: Game Results
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2010, 07:10:53 PM »
bah, rugby > football any day.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

April 04, 2010, 02:08:29 AM
Reply #61

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2010, 02:08:29 AM »
So...the officially hosted LOTR TCG is no longer active right? Their site with the tutorial download is thankfully still up, as are some strat articles. I'm wondering how, aside from sDA (which last I checked had an inelegant interface one had to move twilight tokens into and out of by oneself), one can play the game online?
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

April 04, 2010, 02:34:31 AM
Reply #62

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2010, 02:34:31 AM »
GccG
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

April 06, 2010, 01:56:01 PM
Reply #63

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2010, 01:56:01 PM »
Huh?
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

April 06, 2010, 02:10:43 PM
Reply #64

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website

April 10, 2010, 01:52:35 AM
Reply #65

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2010, 01:52:35 AM »
Ah. Is it less dependent on the player to move twilight etc than sDa?

June 01, 2010, 08:00:10 AM
Reply #66

Faelach

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2010, 08:00:10 AM »
Ah. Is it less dependent on the player to move twilight etc than sDa?

Yes.  All you have to do is specify with keystrokes how much Twilight needs to be added.  The program does the rest.

Try it out.  Sure you'll love it.
Do not take dragons lightly.  They are heavier than you think.

November 05, 2010, 11:49:44 AM
Reply #67

The New Guy

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »
I beat my brother with my Ring-Bound Rangers/Uruk-hai deck against his Ents and unbound Hobbits/Isengard. My minions beat up his Fellowship but didn't kill any of them. So that ment I could stop and go on as I pleased. Well My Fellowship stood its ground I only had 5 total wounds on all my Companions through out the whole game =)

March 10, 2011, 10:47:04 AM
Reply #68

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2011, 10:47:04 AM »
I beat Gerontius with Ring-Bound Rangers/ Enduring Corruption against his Gondor Wraith/ Easterling Corruption. It was touch and go for a bit as I was stupidly using the Boromir ring-bearer, and he packs 3 Vision from Afar and 4 Gathering to the Summons, but Sam, SoH saved me.  I even took down the Captain with a well-timed Citadel of the Stars, and was ready for another with Gondorian Merchant on the field and What Are They in hand. 

Pros- Sam, Son of Hamfast

Gerontius' crazy Wraith/ Shards of Narsil mix with 4x Still Sharp :-)

Dark Whispers (for being a card that nobody should ever play, but is sooo much fun to use)

Cons- Boromir, BoC (is this guy ever useful? He has such a huge handicap and his effect is worthless unless he's fighting)

Me discarding Damrod at site 3, and then realizing how much of a mistake that was.

The look on Gerontius' face when Sam hit the table.  Pure murder.
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry

March 10, 2011, 01:47:02 PM
Reply #69

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2011, 01:47:02 PM »
...but Sam, SoH saved me

Just another proof that Sam, SoH is indeed OP and should be considered by the rules team.

Boromir, BoC (is this guy ever useful? He has such a huge handicap and his effect is worthless unless he's fighting)

Use him as a Non-RB. His text is awesome. He is also a better choice when you're running Noble Leaders deck. Starting with Boromir, BoC Faramir, CoG and Denethor, LoG you just need Aragorn to get a fully powered Noble Leaders.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

March 10, 2011, 04:25:54 PM
Reply #70

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2011, 04:25:54 PM »
Just another proof that Sam, SoH is indeed OP and should be considered by the rules team.

I completely disagree with this.
-wtk

March 10, 2011, 04:28:08 PM
Reply #71

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »
Hey, I use Sam, SoH in almost every deck. That doesn't mean he's not OP.

Trade List (TLHH)

March 10, 2011, 04:33:19 PM
Reply #72

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2011, 04:33:19 PM »

I didn't say he wasn't over-powered. I said that the fact that he saved a self-destructing, 6-resistance Ring-Bearer was not proof that he is over-powered and I said that I don't think he should be considered by the rules committee.

Personally, I think that he, like Shotgun Enquea, Legolas, Greenleaf, and many other cards shape the game. If you want to try to play a corruption deck, you should not plan for 12 burdens--plan for 15, at least. The good decks will have Sam, Son of Hamfast the same way that you shouldn't play more than six companions without Enquea protection or a few 1-vitality minions if Greenleaf is a possibility.
-wtk

March 10, 2011, 05:14:31 PM
Reply #73

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
    • My trade list
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »

I didn't say he wasn't over-powered. I said that the fact that he saved a self-destructing, 6-resistance Ring-Bearer was not proof that he is over-powered and I said that I don't think he should be considered by the rules committee.

Personally, I think that he, like Shotgun Enquea, Legolas, Greenleaf, and many other cards shape the game. If you want to try to play a corruption deck, you should not plan for 12 burdens--plan for 15, at least. The good decks will have Sam, Son of Hamfast the same way that you shouldn't play more than six companions without Enquea protection or a few 1-vitality minions if Greenleaf is a possibility.
-wtk

That's all true... but Sam devastates so many corruption decks it's not fun anymore. When I said that he should be considered, that didn't mean he's gonna get an automatic ban, just to open a discussion about him and see all the pros and cons... although I admit I highly doubt many people will vote for banning of Sam, SoH. There is probably not one experienced player that hasn't been saved by him more than once.

Since we have gone a bit offtopic, let's end this or continue elsewhere if you feel the need. ;)

Trade List (TLHH)

March 12, 2011, 08:36:00 PM
Reply #74

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
Rematch with Gerontius:
My Knights/Morcs vs his Wounding in the Shire Countryside/ Unfair Corsair

(As you already know, I hate Corsairs, so I was in a bad mood in this game from the very start)
He wins the toss and starts, which means I'm looking forward to Base of Mindolluin to grab a couple forts.  I'm a little curious about his starting comps (Eowyn, LoI and that 2-cost 8th set Merry), so I'm not sure what to expect except that I'm sure it will involve Unheeded at some point and possibly Shadow-play.  I play and move, trying to stay below that magic nine twilight which is Castamir plus Halberd, and then pull Citadel of the Stars with Mindolluin.  Since I know that Gondor Bows won't stay on the table, I'm counting on recurring Citadel with Sixth Level to kill Castamirs.  It's messy, but it keeps me in the game. 

Meanwhile, Gerontius has suddenly thrown down three Shire Countrysides, which, along with Birthday Present and A Light in His Mind are allowing him to heal about a billion times a turn.  I realize that since wounds are just flying off his ringbearer my morcs are going to be entirely useless and I'm going to have to run.  I decide my best chance is either a race to site nine or a stupid swarm at site seven.  Unfortunately his spidey senses start tingling at six and he throws down two comps, which sucks for me because he's moving through my morcs easily and I'm still behind on the site path.

Eventually (between the Corsairs and the ridiculous Birthday Present) I get pissed enough that when he reaches across the table to sweep away one of my conditions I try to get him in a submission hold and things threaten to degenerate.  Gerontius has a cooler head than I though, and so after some discussion I'm persuaded to go back to the fun times I'm having being molested in the Shire Countryside.  He easily sweeps into site 9 with barely a wound on anyone. I, on the other hand, am limping around trying to figure out why I can't draw any Citadel of Minas Tirith, and how I'm supposed to win every skirmish for two sites to make it work. :-)

Pros- Sweet new RotEL cards courtesy of Hawkeye.

Gerontius, for figuring out how to break Shire Countryside a mere 4 days after getting it.

Ket_the_Jet, for advising me to just throw down comps against Corsairs. It makes things much easier.

Cons- Birthday Present. (who decided that if you only had one event, you got to take it back anyway?)

Shire Countryside (Why isn't this banned?)

Me, for trying to Hulk Smash the only person I know who still plays LOTR).
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry