LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Fill in the Blank Season 1: Lairs #9 (Rule change!)  (Read 5123 times)

June 26, 2020, 10:40:33 AM
Reply #15

SGollum

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
  • The Smeags
Re: Fill in the Blank Season 1: Lairs #9 (Rule change!)
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2020, 10:40:33 AM »
(1) Tasty Fish [Gollum]
Possession
To play, add a burden. Discard a [Gollum] card from Smeagol or your support area to make Smeagol strength +1 for each burden you can spot.

"It's nice to eat a tasty fish, so juicy sweet!"
It's unclear how it's meant to work. The way it's worded now, the "discard a [Gollum] card from Sméagol" skill would last (just as events do) during the phase in which you play it only (pretty useless during Fellowship). It also lacks the usual "plays on / bearer must be" part in the first sentence.

Interesting card, btw. I believe it needs some limit like "once per phase", to not make it Cirdan-ish.

I just removed the mistakes and bad wording. Not doing good this week!
Everything Gollum says is automatically the best LOTR qoutes.

June 27, 2020, 07:00:58 AM
Reply #16

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 07:00:58 AM »
Quote from: Entry #3
(0) •Dared to Pass the Doors [Dwarven]
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each Dwarf is strength -1 for each companion in the dead pile.
Fellowship: Discard a companion from hand to make each Dwarf companion strength +3 and damage +1 for each companion in the dead pile until the regroup phase. 
"'But now we spoke of it again with longing, and yet with dread....'"

My favorite card from the bunch, but I couldn't vote for it because it's bad at 9. Your deck will have a hard time doubling when you have 2+ dead companions, but if you have this card on the table at site 8 with Gimli, BoG then you win. You can also make risky doubles up until that point because killing companions is your goal. Still, a really neat card. There should've been more FP cards with negative and positive aspects.

June 27, 2020, 01:56:10 PM
Reply #17

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2020, 01:56:10 PM »
[2] •Ithilian Quartermaster [Gondor]
Ally • Man
Strength: 5
Vitality: 2
Ranger.
This ally participates in archery fire.
Fellowship: Discard a [Gondor] fortification and spot a ranger bearing no possessions to play a [Gondor] possession from your draw deck on that ranger.

Surely there are guys slinking behind the scenes, keeping Our Troops armed while only battling on the periphery where possible?  Also rangers don't have homes, so there's that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 02:01:57 PM by TelTura »
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

June 27, 2020, 09:23:29 PM
Reply #18

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2020, 09:23:29 PM »
I never really figured out what to submit this week. So, have a strength pump.

[4] Worse Than Orcs [Gollum]
Event • Skirmish
Remove up to 4 Orc cards in your discard pile from the game. For each card removed, make Shelob strength +2.
"Out of it came a stench, not the sickly odour of decay in the meads of Morgul, but a foul reek, as if filth unnameable were piled and hoarded in the dark within."

If you go all-out it makes Shelob strength +8.

June 27, 2020, 09:32:00 PM
Reply #19

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020, 09:32:00 PM »
I believe [Gollum] cards should specify if are Shadow or Free Peoples, between parentheses. Obviously SGollum's is FP and menace's is Shadow, but would be easier to read if was specified beforehand.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

June 28, 2020, 10:45:03 AM
Reply #20

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2020, 10:45:03 AM »
I believe [Gollum] cards should specify if are Shadow or Free Peoples, between parentheses. Obviously SGollum's is FP and menace's is Shadow, but would be easier to read if was specified beforehand.

Good reminder. I'll add the tags as I compile the next round.