LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: LotR-TCG Card Generator using nanDECK  (Read 20112 times)

June 29, 2020, 02:10:13 PM
Reply #15

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Re: LotR-TCG Card Generator using nanDECK
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 02:10:13 PM »
Alright, looks like there's a new setup step I might have to add.

Moro, give this a whirl:  Open nanDECK and click on the Config button in the lower-left:

And then in the options dialog, click "Enable Internet Explorer 11 for HTMLTEXT / HTMLFILE" in the lower-right:

And then restart nanDECK.  I think this will address the issue, but please let me know how it goes.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

June 29, 2020, 02:11:44 PM
Reply #16

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 02:11:44 PM »
On a side note, is there any way to use a tengwar font?

Not at the moment.  I will throw it on my to-do list; it should be pretty straightforward to include.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

June 30, 2020, 11:57:23 AM
Reply #17

Moro

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 11:57:23 AM »
Thanks but unfortunately in my case it says it is already enabled :( and problem remains the same. I'll give it some time tommorow once I have more time to debug it. I have a typical, up-to-date Windows 10 installation.

July 02, 2020, 12:47:55 PM
Reply #18

Moro

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 12:47:55 PM »
Ok, using batch script it looks the same on 3 different windows installations :D I've tried to find the cause but with no result yet

EDIT: Anyway, "manual" building via nandeck application gives better results ;-)

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:09:16 PM by Moro »

July 02, 2020, 03:56:16 PM
Reply #19

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 03:56:16 PM »
Oh, so the issue only came up when using the batch script?  Hrrm.  That's odd.  I'll make a note of it in the documentation, tho, for future reference. 

Glad to see it works when actually opening nanDECK for you.

July 02, 2020, 11:35:20 PM
Reply #20

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 11:35:20 PM »
Card Generator v1.1.0 Update
See links in the OP.

Smallcaps are now more accurate, which should be noticeable in the title, subtitle, and card type bar. Site portraits are now automatically rotated 90 CCW, so you don't have to manually rotate those images anymore.

There is now a portrait_templates folder which includes examples for all card types at all template sizes, to make it easier to get images to the correct size.

Fonts may now be configured in settings.txt if you want to try and get Tengwar or Angerthas or anything else working.

Documentation has had How-to and Troubleshooting sections added, to make easing in somewhat easier.

If you have a previous version installed then close nanDECK, make sure to back up your card_portraits and card_output folders and cards.csv, then copy-paste the contents of the zip into your existing installation folder.

If you have any questions or problems, please let me know here and I will address them as soon as I see them.

Full Patch Notes:

• Fixed a bug where Maneuver phase events wouldn't autobold unless it was spelled incorrectly
  • Altered the smallcaps fonts to use a configured factor for the size difference between uppercase and lowercase
  • Extracted font choices into settings.txt
  • Added a new font scale factor setting which globally scales the size of all text (for custom fonts)
  • Altered sites to automatically rotate their portrait image 270 degrees
  • Added a set of default portrait images which can be used to author portraits of the correct size more easily
  • Revamped the documentation with troubleshooting and how-to sections
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 12:28:29 AM by TelTura »

July 07, 2020, 12:28:46 AM
Reply #21

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2020, 12:28:46 AM »
Card Generator v1.2.0 Update
See links in the OP.

Change log:

• The name/location of the card CSV can now be altered by changing the [spreadsheet_path] option in settings.txt.
  • Font installation instructions updated. Based on new information, fonts do not actually need to be installed, and so are packaged by default in the same folder as nanDECK.exe.

July 09, 2020, 01:49:29 AM
Reply #22

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2020, 01:49:29 AM »
The nanDECK dev has issued a fix for the issue mentioned by @Moro in this thread.  If you're running into this issue (which only affects using the batch file), use the nanDECK version linked at the bottom of this post: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2459316/issues-exec-usage

There is a new version of the generator in the works that includes this updated version, but it won't be released until a particularly persnickity bug has been fixed, but this should tide anyone affected by the issue until then.

July 17, 2020, 03:07:08 AM
Reply #23

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 03:07:08 AM »
Card Generator v1.3.0 Update

See links in the OP.

Change log:

• Updated nanDECK version to fix a bug where using the batch file would make busted cards on some computers
  • Fixed batch file not updated to the latest nanDECK path
  • Altered tower and king replacement with digits (i.e. 3T or 4K) to be case-sensitive; this permits "4th" etc to be used without issue.
  • Added automatic en dash insertion when a - is in front of a digit.  Added manual en dash replacement of -- and em dash replacement of ---.
  • Added support for custom newline characters in addition to <br>.
  • Added full_portrait tag, which will alter the behavior of the portrait to instead fill the entire card background (including border), which can be used to just place whole cards underneath the template without cutting them out.
  • Fixed auto-accent replacement being broken from the small caps rework.  Auto-accent rules overhauled so it should be a bit easier to make new entries.
  • Fixed twilight symbol replacement not working in italicized helper text.
  • Altered the image sizing filter to Lanczos for hopefully an easy fidelity upgrade.
  • Altered position and size of collector's info to be more compatible with longer coll infos.
  • Altered site game text to not cut off a bold 'damage +1' on the bottom line.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 10:31:23 PM by TelTura »

July 18, 2020, 05:49:38 PM
Reply #24

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 05:49:38 PM »
Hi,

I am really loving the card generator, but I have a question. When I make a Gollum artifact, I notice that I get the gold overlay if the card is broken (Because I didn't specify freeps or shadow first time), but not once the card image loads normally, even if I add the artifact_overlay tag. Is there some kind of error or am I missing something?
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

July 18, 2020, 09:48:38 PM
Reply #25

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2020, 09:48:38 PM »
Aha, this is due to the culture change that I did to gollum.  It used to be that you just had a "gollum" culture and you put a "shadow" tag in the tags column if you wanted the shadow version, but with Moria-Balrog and other such variants I decided it was a better idea to treat them as separate cultures ("gollum_freeps" and "gollum_shadow"). 

But then I forgot to update the artifact overlay to match!  Make a copy of the artifact_gollum_double.png file in /templates/double_res_export/overlays and make sure that there are two such templates: artifact_gollum_freeps_double .png and artifact_gollum_shadow_double .png.  I'll make sure to put out a fix that includes this soon.

EDIT: Release is in the OP.  Just copy the templates folder over.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 10:31:42 PM by TelTura »

July 18, 2020, 10:29:15 PM
Reply #26

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2020, 10:29:15 PM »
Card Generator v1.3.1 Update

See links in the OP.

If you already have v1.3.0, you only need to replace the templates folder.

Change log:

• Fixed an issue with the Gollum artifact and culture icon overlays not showing up due to an outdated naming scheme in the template filenames.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 10:31:52 PM by TelTura »

July 26, 2020, 12:46:04 PM
Reply #27

Finarfin

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2020, 12:46:04 PM »
Hi, loving the generator. However I've run into a bit of problem i can't figure out. When inputting a possession into the excel doc whenever I try to put the +2 in the strength column excel automatically deletes the + and just leaves the 2. Sometimes I can get it to stay but then excel thinks i'm inputting a formula. How do I get around this?

July 26, 2020, 01:05:43 PM
Reply #28

Finarfin

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2020, 01:05:43 PM »
Never mind, I figured it out

July 26, 2020, 01:53:22 PM
Reply #29

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2020, 01:53:22 PM »
What was the solution for this? I used ' in front of + but then it seems the csv forgets it's there the next time you open it?
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.