LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Dream Card Rules, Discaimer and Layout  (Read 8856 times)

May 18, 2008, 06:09:33 AM
Read 8856 times

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
Dream Card Rules, Discaimer and Layout
« on: May 18, 2008, 06:09:33 AM »
Rules:
No matter who you are or how long you've been playing LOTR TCG, you probably have more than a few card ideas in mind. Maybe you want to improve on cards from the last set, or speculate about cards from the next set. Or maybe you'd love to turn your high school English teacher into one of the evil minions of Sauron. :twisted:

All card ideas are welcome here. Please note, however, that dream cards should be written as text; altered card images are not allowed as they may violate the copyrights of New Line and/or Decipher.

As always, please use common sense when posting. Offensive or off-topic posts will be deleted, and repeated abuse may result in a permanent ban.

Recommended Layout:
Layouts for cards is not restricted to any one format. But an easy to read and common layout is used as follows. Using this layout may help people read your cards easier and get the idea of how it works without much head scratching.

[Twilight Cost] (• if Needed)Card Title, Card Subtitle [Culture]
Card Type • Class
Strength (if any):
Vitality (if any):
Site Number, Resistance or Signet (if any):
Game Text
Lore
Rarity

for example:

Aragorn, Thorongil becomes

[4]Aragorn, Thorongil [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Ranger. Hunter 2. (While skirmishing a non-hunter character, this character is strength +2.)
Maneuver: Add a threat to exert a non-hunter minion with strength less than Aragorn's.
"'I will follow the Orcs....'"
15R55

•(dot) is created by holding down [alt] and pressing numpad 7 or holding down [alt] and pressing numpad 0149.

Once again, you are not in any way obligated to use this format.

Disclaimer:
This forum is provided for entertainment purposes only, and all posts herein should be considered as parody. All posts are solely the work of their respective authors. Any violation of copyright is completely unintentional, and the offending post(S) will be immediately removed upon request.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 01:49:42 AM by lem0nhead »

November 17, 2008, 09:03:28 PM
Reply #1

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
Re: Dream Card Rules, Discaimer and Layout
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 09:03:28 PM »
You know, I've been staring at that card you wrote in the example for a long time, Thranduil, and I think it's just grossly overpowered.

Honestly... what were you thinking??  ](*,)

November 18, 2008, 12:52:13 AM
Reply #2

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 12:52:13 AM »
You know, I've been staring at that card you wrote in the example for a long time, Thranduil, and I think it's just grossly overpowered.

Honestly... what were you thinking??  ](*,)
Don't look at me: I quoted it from the Dream Card Example thread from CC! :mrgreen:

Thranduil

August 03, 2011, 09:32:04 AM
Reply #3

Kralik

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 09:32:04 AM »
Please see the Dream Card Policy.