LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: No Idea What to Call These  (Read 3652 times)

December 10, 2008, 10:37:09 PM
Read 3652 times

NappyKorn

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • The ShizKnight
No Idea What to Call These
« on: December 10, 2008, 10:37:09 PM »
I'm sure I need to find a way to cut the size down cause it seems to big a bit large for what it does. Any suggestion would be nice as always. With all deck posts the deck will come first followed by a brief strategy. So here we go.

Bearer and Ring 
*The One Ring, The Ring of Rings (11R1
*Faramir, Bearer of Quality (RB)(17R28

Fellowship (34) 
1x *Aragorn, Strider (11R54) (starting)
1x *Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer (13R142) (starting)
1x *Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver (7R324) (starting)
1x *Smeagol, Pitiable Guide (19P11) (starting)
1x *Frodo, Frenzied Fighter (13R149
2x *Radagast, The Brown (9R+26)   
2x *A Light in his Mind (10U108
1x *Brooding On Tomorrow (10U15
2x *Hardy Garrison (10U33
1x Birthday Present (10R104
4x No Visitors (15C150
1x One Good Turn Deserves Another (11U49
4x Something Slimy (15U50
3x *Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor (13U144
2x *Faramir's Company (18C49
1x *Robin Smallburrow, Shirriff Cock-Robin (18U111
1x *The Gaffer, Master Gardener (13U151
1x *Sting, Elven Long Knife (18R113
2x Bow of Minas Tirith (11U58
2x Gondorian Sword (7U98

Strategy:

What is to be done is Aragorn, Strider and Radagast can fight, Bilbo and Frodo can cancel skirmishes, Smeagol can watch (those he can skirmish too if you can exert to keep him alive), and Merry combined with Faramir's text can wound so extra minions. I went with more basic followers for No Visitors: Daddy Twofoot Next-door Neighbor (grab the no visitors with it), The Gaffer, Master Gardener (to help heal a bit), and Robin Smallburrow (to help cycle some). Threw in Faramir's Company since I'm running some [Gondor] companions and possessions. Add a threat to attach spot the [Gondor] ossesions to heal then for regroups exert either Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer or Frodo, Frenzied Fighter to peel the threats (running Chamber of Mazarbul in case you need to treansfer Sting, Elven Long Knife is one gets exhausted). Basically just keep Aragorn and Radagast alive as they fight and cancel the skirmishes that the hobbits face. Running Something Slimy to perhaps setup the conditions a bit quickier (can pull 1 with Dammed Gate-stream if you happen to pull One Good Turn Deserves Another in your opening hand).

The real fun comes in the regroup phase. With 4 cards in hand play One Good Turn Deserves Another (losing initiative, peeling a burden, wounding a minion and discarding a shadow condition) add the freshly peeled burden back to resend One Good Turn Deserves Another to hand (regaining initiative) and repeat until all the minions are dead and the shadows conditions are history. Use and abuse Radagat for the triple move :up:.

Not sure of a shadow to run with these deck and I think maybe the deck is too big and the cards aren't seating at the right number for each card. Let me know what you think and what might be able to be cut and if I should cut copies of certain cards to 1 or 2 etc...

Thanks for the view and thanks in advnce for any help :up:.
If a Balrog falls from a bridge and noone is around, does it make a sound?

December 10, 2008, 11:57:27 PM
Reply #1

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Re: No Idea What to Call These
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 11:57:27 PM »
This deck looks sweet.

Perhaps shadowplay? And unheeded? you seem to be wounding and canceling as well as fighting.

Very nice. I love it.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan