LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Maia  (Read 10443 times)

February 03, 2009, 01:47:11 AM
Reply #15

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
Re: The Maia
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 01:47:11 AM »
The House of Tom Bombadil [2]
Site.
Dwelling. When the fellowship moves from this site, you may spot a [Shire] character to remove a burden.

Nice, maybe should cost 3.

[2] The Song of Tom Bombadil [Shire]
Event • Fellowship or Regroup
Remove a burden for each two [Shire] companions you can spot; if you spot Tom Bombadil you may also heal the Ringbearer.
...can't you hear me singing?

Dont think there has ever been such an easy burden nuke as this. Maybe remove the last bit and make you spot tom to to the burdens. More flavour and harder to achieve.

[2] • Old man willow [Shire]
The dark heart of the Old Forest
Minion • Tree
Strength: 6
Vitality: 4
Site: 2
Damage +1.
Old man willow may not take wounds during the archery phase and cannot be assigned to a skirmish.
Shadow: Exert Old man willow and remove [2] to play a minion from your discard pile. The Free peoples player may exert the ringbearer to prevent this.

Why is he damage +1 if he cant skirmish? I cant see many ways of healing tree minions so maybe remove 1 not 2. I think hes a good card.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

February 03, 2009, 02:04:27 AM
Reply #16

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 02:04:27 AM »
(0) Gandalf's Hat [Gandalf]
A wizard's device
Possession • Hat
Resistance +1.
Bearer must be a [Gandalf] wizard.
If bearer is Gandalf, he gains muster.
Fellowship or regroup: stack a spell from hand here.
Fellowship or regroup: play a spell from here as from hand.
I think I would second lem0n on being borne by Gandalf. And I think the second ability should be taking spells into hand thereby avoiding confusion about playing phase events out of time. I would also attach a cost to it like adding [2] or exerting a Wizard or something.

[1]Gandalf's Kart [Gandalf]
A wizard's device
Possession • support area
At the start of each of your turns you may spot Gandalf to add a token on one of your [Gandalf] cards.
Each time a [Gandalf] artifact or [Gandalf] possession is about to be discarded by a shadow card you may exert a wizard and add [2] to prevent that.
I think the first line could be phrased "At the start of your turn, you may spot Gandalf to reinforce a [Gandalf] token". And I think the second should be a response action so that it's repeatable.

Thranduil

February 03, 2009, 08:35:19 AM
Reply #17

Vroengard

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 08:35:19 AM »
all theses cards are a little bit OP, ....just a LITTLE BIT TOO OP

February 03, 2009, 10:23:55 AM
Reply #18

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 10:23:55 AM »
(0) Gandalf's Hat [Gandalf]
A wizard's device
Possession • Hat
Resistance +1.
Bearer must be a [Gandalf] wizard.
If bearer is Gandalf, he gains muster.
Fellowship or regroup: stack a spell from hand here.
Fellowship or regroup: play a spell from here as from hand.
ditto below, so your stacking cards on a possession borne by a companion? kinda weird...

[1]Gandalf's Kart [Gandalf]
A wizard's device
Possession • support area
At the start of each of your turns you may spot Gandalf to add a token on one of your [Gandalf] cards.
Each time a [Gandalf] artifact or [Gandalf] possession is about to be discarded by a shadow card you may exert a wizard and add [2] to prevent that.

cart, not kart.    it would look better if you formatted it like Gandalf's Cart, Wizards Device. one line.  Id say cost 2.

eh, willows fine.
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

June 25, 2009, 04:44:30 AM
Reply #19

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 04:44:30 AM »
 [1] [4] • The Balrog [Moria]
Valarauko
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Site: 4
Damage +2. Enduring.

The Balrog may not take wounds during the archery phase and cannot be discarded by free peoples cards.
Skirmishes involving the Balrog cannot be canceled.

Assignment: Spot 6 companions to assign this minion to a companion (except the ringbearer).
Skirmish: If the Balrog is not skirmishing a wizard, exert it twice to kill the companion unless the Free peoples player add 4 burdens.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 04:49:15 AM by Olorin »
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

June 25, 2009, 04:48:01 AM
Reply #20

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 04:48:01 AM »
hehe... seems a bit strong :-)
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

June 25, 2009, 04:55:56 AM
Reply #21

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 04:55:56 AM »
Well, I'll refrain from reviewing them until the format is fixed, it's kinda lame when 3-4 people say the same thing (being "format needs fixing") and are utterly ignored.

June 25, 2009, 01:16:36 PM
Reply #22

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 01:16:36 PM »
[1] [4] • The Balrog [Moria]
Valarauko
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Site: 4
Damage +2. Enduring.

The Balrog may not take wounds during the archery phase and cannot be discarded by free peoples cards.
Skirmishes involving the Balrog cannot be canceled.

Assignment: Spot 6 companions to assign this minion to a companion (except the ringbearer).
Skirmish: If the Balrog is not skirmishing a wizard, exert it twice to kill the companion unless the Free peoples player add 4 burdens.
He seems to have far too much text. To be honest, I think he'd be worth it without the second 2 lines, and I'm not such a fan of them - enduring damage +2 with "stickaroundability" seems good enough.

Thranduil