LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Way Into Mordor Cardlist (6/23: Sméagol/Gollum Added)  (Read 8658 times)

December 30, 2008, 12:19:02 PM
Read 8658 times

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
The Way Into Mordor Cardlist (6/23: Sméagol/Gollum Added)
« on: December 30, 2008, 12:19:02 PM »
As this set is still in progress, there will continue to be sporadic updates as I grind through cultures. So until this set is declared finished, please pardon our dust.... :roll:

- Uncle Dáin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Way Into Mordor is the second of my five sets that make up the collection Wars of the Ring, the others being: Lasting Alliances, focused on The Hobbit and other pre-FotR events; The Road Ahead, focused on The Fellowship of the Ring; The End Of All Things, originally my final set, focused on The Return of the King; and Ages of Middle-earth, a Reflections-style set focused on the game LOTR: The Third Age and other events from the time of Frodo's journey that weren't in the forefront of the books or movies, as well as a return to some of the material from Lasting Alliances.

This set, The Way Into Mordor, focuses on events from The Two Towers. It continues several new aspects that were introduced in Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead:

- A new culture based around Mirkwood (represented by the (G) culture icon for the time being). Much like the [Gollum] culture, (G) has both Free Peoples and Shadow cards. The culture appears very, very little in this set, and what little is here is centered around Legolas.

- A new unbound keyword, riddle, as well as a grand return of all-but-abandoned keywords like tale, weather, and tracker.

- An all-new strategy of capturing and rescuing characters on both the Free Peoples and Shadow side, working much like capturing and liberating sites. PM me if you want more details. :up:

- Dual-character cards, where two characters share the same card. They work together, fight together, and things go wrong, die together.

- Two new signets (remember those?): Elrond and Thorin. Signets have a big impact again in my sets, though resistance is still around as well.

I haven't worked out full cardlists yet, but here are the cultures you can expect to see:

approx. ?? Cards: (currently 325+ cards)

[Ring] The One Ring: 2
[Dunland] Dunland: 41
[Dwarven] Dwarves: 37
[Elven] Elves: 68
[Gandalf] Gandalf: 68
[Gollum] Gollum (Free Peoples): 31
[Gollum] Gollum (Shadow): 16
[Gondor] Gondor: 74
[Isengard] Isengard: ?
(G) Mirkwood (Free Peoples): 2
(G) Mirkwood (Shadow): ?
[Moria] Moria: 8
[Orc] Orc: ?
[Raider] Raiders: ?
[Rohan] Rohan: 66
[Shire] Shire: ?
[Sauron] Sauron: ?
[Wraith] Wraith: 29
(W) Sites: ?

I don't have exact figures on unfinished cultures yet, but as with my past two sets, this set will probably be quite large. Probably end up somewhere around 600 cards; Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead were both around there. With several cultures to go, we've already got nearly 450, so.... :whistle:

Here's The One Ring, and other spoilers will follow as I complete cultures. This means the order might be a bit jumbled from what you're used to, but that just keeps things interesting, right? Right? :marx:

The One Ring, The Precious [Ring]
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Each time the Ring-bearer is assigned to a skirmish, add a burden.
Response: If the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, he or she wears The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
"‘Master knows. Yes, precious. Once it takes hold of us, it never lets go.'"

The One Ring, The Ring Of Power [Ring]
Strength +3
Vitality -1
The Ring-bearer is damage +1 and gains hunter 1.
Maneuver: Add a burden or 2 threats to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to be wounded or overwhelmed, add 2 burdens instead.
"‘...a mighty gift. A weapon that will change our fortunes in this war.'"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is locked, but that doesn't mean it is closed off to comments. If below you see any obviously broken cards, DCs in need of tweaking, and certainly if see any misspellings or grammatical errors, let me know via PM and I'll be happy to go back and fix everything up. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:25:36 AM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

December 30, 2008, 12:19:36 PM
Reply #1

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: The Way Into Mordor Cardlist
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:19:36 PM »
GONDOR:

[2]A Marvel Among the Three Kindreds [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
While Aragorn and Legolas each bear a ranged weapon and are each hunters, the fellowship archery total is +1.
While Legolas and Gimli each bear a hand weapon and are each hunters, they are each damage +1.
While Gimli and Aragorn each bear a weapon and are each hunters, they are each strength +1.
"‘With hope or without hope we will follow the trail of our enemies. And woe to them, if we prove the swifter!'"

[3]Alcarin, Soldier of Calembel [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Knight.
The twilight cost of each other [Gondor] knight in your starting fellowship is -1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Alcarin and a minion bearing a fortification, exert that minion.
One of the few warriors to make their way from Lamendon to Minas Tirith until the Battle on Pelennor, Alcarin quickly became one of Boromir's most trusted warriors during the retaking of Osgiliath.

[2]Anborn, Huntsman of Henneth Annun [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Strength: 5
Ring-bound. Ranger. Hunter 1.
Archery: Exert Anborn and spot another ranger bearing a ranged weapon to exert a minion (or wound a roaming minion).
"‘I have my bow here, and I have posted other archers, nigh as good marksmen as myself, on either bank. We wait only for your command to shoot, Captain.'"

[4]Aragorn, Man of the West [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Vitality: 4
Signet: Théoden
Valiant. Hunter 1. While Aragorn bears no [Gondor] artifacts, he is also a [Rohan] Man.
Aragorn is strength +1 for each of the following you can spot: [Rohan] Man, Elf, Dwarf.
"‘They fight beside you because they would not be parted from you.'"

[4]Aragorn, Son of Arathorn [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Signet: Aragorn
Ranger. Hunter 1.
While you can spot Legolas and Gimli, Aragorn gains hunter 1.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may exert him twice and spot 2 other hunters to make the move limit +1 (limit +1) for this turn.
"‘I serve no man, but the servants of Sauron I pursue into whatever land they may go.'"

[4] Archers of Ithilien [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Strength -2
Vitality -1
Site Number +1
Fortification. This condition is twilight cost -1 for each ranger you can spot.
Archery: Exert a [Gondor] ranger or [Gondor] knight to transfer this condition from your support area to an unwounded minion.
The arrival of Faramir's company of rangers afforded the Gondorian soldiers a newfound hope, even after the arrival of the Nazgûl.

[3] Battlements of Osgiliath [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Strength -1
Vitality -2
Fortification.
Skirmish: Exert a [Gondor] knight to transfer this condition to a minion skirmishing that knight.
"‘O proud walls! White towers!'"

[4]Berethor, Captain of the Citadel Guard [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Knight. Damage +1.
While in region 1, Berethor is resistance -2.
While in region 2, Berethor is resistance -1 and strength +1.
While in region 3, Berethor is resistance +1 and strength +2.
One of Boromir's closest lieutenants, Berethor was known throughout Minas Tirith and Osgiliath as an able leader and fierce warrior.

[1] Blade of the South [Gondor]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Ring-bound ranger.
While skirmishing a roaming minion, bearer is strength +1.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to make a minion site number +2. Limit once per phase.
"All had swords at their sides, and were clad in green and brown of varied hues...."

[3]Boromir, Captain of the White Tower [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Knight.
While you can spot 2 other [Gondor] companions, Boromir is damage +1.
Regroup: Exert Boromir and spot 3 [Gondor] knights to liberate a site or play a [Gondor] fortification from your discard pile.
"‘My place is here with my people.'"

[6]Boromir & Faramir, Sons of the Steward [Gondor]
Companions • Men
Strength: 13
Knight. Ranger.
Skirmish: Exert Boromir & Faramir to make each [Gondor] Man strength +1 until the regroup phase. Limit twice per turn.
Response: If a Hobbit or Man companion is about to take a wound, exert Boromir & Faramir and discard a [Gondor] card from hand to prevent that and wound a minion not assigned to a skirmish.

[1] Business in Hand [Gondor]
Event • Skirmish
Make a [Gondor] companion strength +2. If that companion wins this skirmish, you may discard a roaming minion involved in that skirmish.
"‘There will be hard handstrokes nigh at hand ere the day is full. Then death, or swift flight back to Anduin.'"

[5] By Day and Dark [Gondor]
Event • Regroup
The twilight cost of this card is -1 for each minion and hunter minion you can spot.
Spot a [Gondor] Man and 2 other companions of different cultures to make the move limit +1 for this turn and play the fellowship's next site (replacing opponent's site if necessary).
"‘We will make such a chase as shall be accounted a marvel among the Three Kindreds : Elves, Dwarves, and Men. Forth the Three Hunters!'"

[1] City Wall [Gondor] (reprint)
Condition • Support Area
Strength -3
Fortification.
Skirmish: Exert a [Gondor] Man or spot 3 knights to transfer this condition from your support area to a minion skirmishing a [Gondor] Man.
The war-weary defenses of Osgiliath still protected the Men of Gondor.

(0) Curse the Southrons! [Gondor]
Event • Fellowship
Exert a [Gondor] ranger to reveal an opponent's hand. That opponent must discard a card from hand for each Man revealed.
"‘...we come to ambush the Men of Harad. Curse them!'"

[3]Damrod, Goodly Man of the South [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Ring-bound. Ranger. Hunter 1. While you can spot 2 other Ring-bound companions, Damrod's twilight cost is -1.
Each time a [Gondor] ranger wins a skirmish involving a roaming minion, you may add [1] to heal a ranger or hunter.
"‘May the Valar turn him aside!'"

[2]Denethor, Lord of Gondor [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Resistance: 5
The twilight cost of the first [Gondor] card played each turn is -2.
Each time a [Gondor] Man wins a skirmish, you may remove [1].
Each time the Ring-bearer puts on or takes off The One Ring, add a burden or a threat.
"‘Sauron is biding his time. He's massing fresh armies. He will return. And when he does, we will be powerless to stop him. You must go. Bring me back this mighty gift.'"

(0) Depart Swiftly [Gondor]
Event • Response
Stealth.
If this event is played during the fellowship phase, add a threat.
If the fellowship moves, remove [1] for each ranger you can spot.
"‘We shall be pursued as soon as news of our deed reaches the Enemy, and that will not be long.'"

[2]Dirthon, Ithilien Ambusher [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Ring-bound. Ranger. Hunter 2. To play, spot a ranger.
Each time a [Gondor] stealth card is played, you may choose one: make a minion site number +2 until the regroup phase; exert a roaming minion; or make Dirthon strength +1 until the regroup phase.
"‘'Twill be nigh at hand. In the fern, no doubt. We shall have it like a coney in a trap.'"

[2]Dome of Stars [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Vitality -1
Fortification.
Bearer is strength -1 for each artifact you can spot.
Skirmish: Exert a [Gondor] Man or spot 3 knights to transfer this condition from your support area to a minion skirmishing a [Gondor] Man.
Regroup: Discard a [Gondor] artifact in your support area to play this condition from your discard pile.
"‘They set up Stones at Minas Anor, and at Minas Ithil, and at Orthanc in the ring of Isengard. The chief and master of these was under the Dome of Stars at Osgiliath....'"

[2]Draw Swords Together [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
When you play this, add a [Gondor] token here for each hunter you can spot.
Regroup: Discard this condition or remove a token from here and spot a [Gondor] hunter to wound a minion.
"‘Return with what speed you may, and let our swords hereafter shine together!'"

[1] Dreamlike It Was [Gondor]
Event • Skirmish
Tale.
Spot a [Gondor] companion in the dead pile to heal a [Gondor] Man (twice if either of those Men is Boromir or Faramir).
"‘A broken sword was on his knee. I saw many wounds on him. It was Boromir, my brother, dead. I knew his gear, his sword, his beloved face.'"

[3] Dúnedain of Ithilien [Gondor]
Companion • Man
While this companion is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -1.
This companion is strength +1 for each other Ring-bound companion you can spot (limit +4).
"...Frodo saw that they were goodly men, pale-skinned, dark of hair, with grey eyes and faces sad and proud."

(0)Dúnedain of the South [Gondor]
Condition
Bearer must be a [Gondor] hunter.
Maneuver: If you can spot a roaming minion, you may exert bearer to make him or her damage +1 until the regroup phase.
Regroup: Discard this condition to heal a companion.
"...he looked at them with wonder, for he knew then that they must be...men of the line of the Lords of Westernesse."

[2]Elegost, Dúnedain Ranger [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Ranger. Archer. Hunter 1.
Maneuver: Exert Elegost and add [1] to take a [Gondor] archery or [Gondor] skirmish event into hand from your draw deck.
Skirmish: If Elegost bears a hand weapon, exert him to exert an Orc or Uruk-hai he is skirmishing.
Though known through Eriador as a skilled hunter, it was in hunting the Orcs of Moria and Mordor that Elegost proved especially proficient.

[3]Faramir, Tall and Stern [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Signet: Frodo
The twilight cost of each other ranger and Ring-bound Man in your starting fellowship is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
Maneuver: Exert Faramir to play a [Gondor] possession on a ranger; its twilight cost is -1.
Skirmish: Exert Faramir to make a ranger strength +1.
"‘War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all....'"

[1]Faramir's Cloak, Mantle of Dark Green [Gondor]
Possession • Cloak
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Faramir.
Each roaming minion is twilight cost +1 and loses all ambush bonuses.
"The tall green man laughed grimly. `I am Faramir, Captain of Gondor,' he said."

[2]Faramir's Sword, Blade of the Raven [Gondor]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a [Gondor] ranger.
If the fellowship is at a forest site or the Shadow has initiative, bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: If bearer is Faramir, exert him to wound a Man or Orc he is skirmishing.

[1]Faramir's Bow, Prince's Weapon [Gondor]
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be Faramir.
He is an archer.
Archery or Skirmish: Exert Faramir to exert a roaming minion; Faramir does not add to the fellowship archery total.
"‘But how can this slippery thing of many guises be caught, save by a feathered shaft?'"

[1]Forbidden Pool [Gondor] (updated reprint)
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is in region 2, each Ring-bound ranger takes no more than 1 wound during each skirmish phase.
Fellowship: Add [2] and discard this condition to heal a Ring-bound Man (or 2 Ring-bound Men if the current site is a forest or underground site).
"‘...Henneth Annûn, fairest of all the falls of Ithilien, land of many fountains. Few strangers have ever seen it.'"

(0)Forests of Ithilien [Gondor] (updated reprint)
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is in region 2 and you can spot a Ring-bound ranger, the site number of each Man is +2.
Regroup: Discard this condition and exert a Ring-bound Man to liberate a site (and heal a Ring-bound Man if the current site is a forest).
"Here Spring was already busy about them: fronds pierced moss and mould, larches were green-fingered, small flowers were opening in the turf, birds were singing."

[3] Get You Gone [Gondor]
Event • Skirmish
Toil 1.
Spot a [Gondor] hunter and choose one: make a minion strength -1 for each hunter you can spot or reinforce a [Gondor] token for each hunter you can spot.
"So great a power and royalty was revealed in Aragorn...that many of the wild men paused, and looked back over their shoulders to the valley, and some looked up doubtfully at the sky."

[1] Gondor's Finest [Gondor]
Event • Skirmish
Make a unique [Gondor] companion strength +2. Then, if that companion is damage +X, make him or her strength +X.
"‘They say you vanquished the enemy almost single-handedly.'"

[2] Gondorian Armor
Possession • Armor
Bearer must be a [Gondor] knight.
Each minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1.
Bearer may take no more than 1 wound per phase.
Though hastily constructed as the war increasingly engulfed Gondor, the armor worn by many of their soldiers helped keep the defenders standing against the onslaught.

[2] Gondorian Defender [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Knight.
While you can spot 3 [Gondor] fortifications (or 2 unique [Gondor] fortifications), this companion is defender +1.
Many of the knights that retook Osgiliath had never set foot in the ruined city before, but still defended it as if it were their very home.

[2]Grey Shadows [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, spot 3 [Gondor] rangers (or Aragorn and another [Gondor] Man) to remove [1] for each Free Peoples culture you can spot (limit [3]).
"On and on he led them, tireless and swift, now that his mind was at last made up. The woods about the lake they left behind. Long slopes they climbed, dark, hard-edged against the sky already red with sunset."

[1] Grown In Stature [Gondor]
Event • Skirmish
Spot Aragorn to make a companion strength +2 (or +3 if that companion has the Aragorn signet).
"Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out."

[2]Hardy Is the Race of Elendil! [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, spot 3 [Gondor] rangers (or Aragorn and another hunter companion) to heal a companion (or heal 2 [Rohan] companions).
"‘Strider is too poor a name, son of Arathorn. Wingfoot I name you. This deed of the three friends should be sung in many a hall.'"

[2] Help in Doubt and Need [Gondor] (reprint)
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert an unbound [Gondor] companion to make a [Rohan] companion strength +2, or exert a [Rohan] companion to make an unbound [Gondor] companion strength +2.
"‘The Heir of Elendil would be a strength indeed to the Sons of Eorl in this evil tide.'"

[1]Henneth Annûn [Gondor] (updated reprint)
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is in region 2, each roaming minion skirmishing a Ring-bound ranger is strength -2.
Skirmish: Spot a [Gondor] Man and discard this condition to wound a roaming minion (or wound 2 roaming minions if the current site is a forest or underground site).
"‘...he has dared to come to Henneth Annûn, and his life is forfeit.'"

(0)Horn of Boromir, Steward's Heirloom [Gondor]
Possession • Horn
Bearer must be Boromir.
Maneuver: Exert Boromir to make a  Man strength +1 (or +2 if that Man is Boromir, Faramir, or Aragorn) until the regroup phase.
Each time a minion is killed in a skirmish involving Boromir, you may heal a [Gondor] Man.
"‘....a great horn of the wild ox of the East, bound with silver, and written with ancient characters....it is said that if it be blown at need anywhere within the bounds of Gondor, as the realm was of old, its voice will not pass unheeded.'"

[1] Hushed Voices [Gondor]
Event • Maneuver
Stealth.
Play a ranger from hand. His or her twilight cost is -1 for each of the following that is true: the fellowship is at a forest or river site; the fellowship is at a sanctuary; you can spot a roaming minion.
"There was no doubt of the voices. They were speaking low and furtively, but they were near, and coming nearer."

[1] Into Deeper Shade [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Stealth.
Regroup: Return a [Gondor] ranger, and any number of Free Peoples cards on him or her, to your hand to discard a roaming minion. Discard this condition.
"Before long they had all passed and vanished. The sun rose till it neared the South. The shadows shrank."

(0) Into Shadows [Gondor]
Condition
Stealth. Bearer must be a [Gondor] ranger.
Each time the fellowship moves to a forest or underground site, if bearer is unwounded, remove [1].
"Close by, just under the dappling shadow of the dark bay-trees, two men remained on guard...."

[1] Ithilien Bow [Gondor]
Possession • Rangers Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a [Gondor] hunter.
At the start of the archery phase, if bearer is a hunter, you may make bearer lose all hunter bonuses until the regroup phase to make the fellowship archery total +1.
"Arrows were thick in the air."

[1] Ithilien Cloak [Gondor]
Possession • Cloak
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Ring-bound ranger.
Each minion assigned to bearer loses all ambush bonuses until the regroup phase.
Maneuver: If bearer is unwounded and at a sanctuary or forest site, exert bearer to make a minion site number +2 until the regroup phase.
"...their faces were hooded and masked with green, except for their eyes, which were very keen and bright."

[1] Ithilien Spear [Gondor]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Ring-bound ranger. Bearer gains hunter 1.
While bearer is at a battleground or forest site, he or she is damage +1.
"Four tall Men stood there. Two had spears in their hands with broad bright heads."

[1] Jewel of the Kingdom [Gondor]
Condition
To play, spot a [Gondor] knight.
Plays on a site. Limit 1 per site.
Response: If an engine or machine is about to be played in this site's region, discard this condition or a fortification to make the twilight cost of that engine or machine +3.
Response: If this site is about to be controlled by an opponent, discard this condition or a fortification to prevent that.
"‘This city of Osgiliath has been reclaimed...for Gondor!'"

[2] Knight's Blade [Gondor]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a [Gondor] Man.
Each minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1 for each fortification borne by that minion.
Skirmish: If bearer is a knight, add [1] to make him or her damage +1. Limit once per skirmish.
Gondorian swords are heavy and powerful, and while very simple, are remarkably effective in the hands of Gondor's stout defenders.

[2]Mablung, Ithilien Forayer [Gondor]
Companion • Man
At the start of each skirmish involving Mablung and a roaming minion, you may exert Mablung to exert a minion skirmishing a [Gondor] ranger.
"‘The road may pass, but they shall not!'"

[2]Madril, Faithful Advisor [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Resistance: 7
Each time the fellowship moves to a sanctuary, forest, or underground site, you may spot 3 [Gondor] rangers to heal a companion.
At the start of each maneuver phase, you may exert a ranger and discard a [Gondor] card from hand to make a minion site number +2 until the regroup phase.
"‘You know the laws of our country...the laws of your father.'"

[1]Many Men About [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Stealth. When you play this condition, spot a ranger and a [Gondor] hunter to add 3 [Gondor] tokens here.
Response: If a minion is played at a forest or river site, remove 2 [Gondor] tokens (or 1 [Gondor] token if that minion is roaming) from here to exert that minion.
"He could see them stealing up the slopes...keeping always to the shade of grove or thicket, or crawling, hardly visible in their brown and green raiment, through grass and brake."

[1] No Vain Pursuit [Gondor]
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Dwarf companion and a ranger to discard an exhausted or roaming minion.
"‘You are our guide, and you are skilled in the chase.'"

(0) Nice and Short [Gondor]
Event • Response
If a minion is killed in a skirmish involving a [Gondor] Man, heal a companion.
"‘Leaves more time for drinking! Break out the ale. These men are thirsty!'"

[2] Not Weaponless [Gondor]
Event • Skirmish
Exert a [Gondor] companion (or spot him, if that companion is Aragorn) to play a [Gondor] hand weapon from your draw deck on that companion. If that weapon is an artifact, you may exert a minion skirmishing that companion.
"‘I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again!'"

[2] Pursuing Ranger [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Each time you play a [Gondor] stealth card, you may add [2] to heal this companion. Limit once per phase.
Each time the fellowship moves, if this companion bears a [Gondor] condition or [Gondor] cloak, you may remove [1].
"‘Our men after them, and the Captain leading.'"

[1] Ranger Gauntlets [Gondor]
Possession • Gauntlets
Bearer must be a [Gondor] ranger.
Response: If bearer exerts to play a [Gondor] event (except during the maneuver phase), you may heal him or her (limit once per turn).
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, add [2] and discard this possession to prevent that wound.
"Green gauntlets covered their hands...."

[1]Ranger's Sword, Weapon of Strider [Gondor]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Aragorn.
While a hunter companion of another culture is assigned to a skirmish, Aragorn gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if that companion is Legolas, Gimli, or Gandalf).
Skirmish: If Aragorn is not assigned to a skirmish, spot an unbound hunter who has less resistance than Aragorn and discard a [Gondor] card from hand to have Aragorn replace that hunter in a skirmish.
"‘We are needed south and west....There is work for the sword to do.'"

[1] Remember Today [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
If you can spot Boromir and Faramir, each of them is strength +1 (or +2 if you can spot Denethor) and resistance +1 (or -1 if you can spot Denethor).
"‘Today, life is good.'"

[1] Ruined Wall [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Strength -1
Site Number +2
Fortification.
Maneuver: Exert a [Gondor] Man or spot 2 [Gondor] rangers to transfer this condition from your support area to a minion.
Used to hiding in whatever cover they could find, the rangers of Ithilien were adept at turning even the most battered ruins as an effective defensive position.

[1]Shield of Boromir, Rallying Point [Gondor]
Possession • Shield
Bearer must be Boromir.
Each minion skirmishing Boromir does not gain strength or damage bonuses from weapons.
Each time Boromir wins a skirmish, you may make a [Gondor] Man strength +1 until the regroup phase.
The shield that Boromir carried was of a singular design, so it would have been easily recognizable to his men when in combat.

[5] Skilled Guide [Gondor]
Event • Regroup
The twilight cost of this card is -1 for each Aragorn signet you can spot.
Spot Aragorn (or 3 [Gondor] rangers) to play the fellowship's next site (replacing opponent's site if necessary) and make the move limit +1 for this turn. Each opponent may draw 2 cards.
"‘...we must hold together. I will follow your counsel.'"

[2] Soldier of Osgiliath [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Knight.
While skirmishing a minion bearing a fortification, this companion is strength +2 and damage +1.
Those few men who had lived in Osgiliath before Sauron's forces drove them out were especially driven in the liberation effort.

[2] Soldier's Cache [Gondor] (reprint)
Condition • Support Area
Site +3
Fortification.
At the start of your maneuver phase, you may exert a [Gondor] Man or spot 3 rangers to transfer this condition to a minion. Wound that minion.
Regroup: Exert a ranger to reinforce a [Gondor] token.
"‘This great array of spears and swords is going to Osgiliath.'"

[2]Still and Watchful [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Stealth.
Each time you play a ranger or play a [Gondor] possession on a ranger, you may exert a roaming minion.
Regroup: Discard this condition to take a [Gondor] stealth card into hand from your discard pile.
"Sam, crouched by the edge of the fern-brake, peered out. With his keen hobbit-eyes he saw that many more Men were about....armed like Faramir and his companions."

[1]Stout Swordsmen [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a [Gondor] artifact or [Gondor] possession, you may add a [Gondor] token here.
Skirmish: Remove 3 [Gondor] tokens from here to discard a Shadow possession, machine, or engine.
"Dismayed the rammers let fall the trees and turned to fight; but the wall of their shields was broken as by a lightning-stroke, and they were swept away, hewn down, or cast over the Rock into the stony stream below."

[1] Teach Another Lesson [Gondor]
Event • Skirmish
Make a minion skirmishing a ranger strength -2 for each Shadow culture you can spot (limit -6).
"‘And they go ever more heedlessly, we learn, thinking that the power of their new master is great enough, so that the mere shadow of His hills will protect them.'"

[3]Turgon, Warrior of Dor-en-Ernil [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Knight. Hunter 1.
If you can spot a [Gondor] knight, Turgon's twilight cost is -1.
Each time Turgon wins a skirmish involving a minion bearing a fortification, you may heal a knight.
Turgon proved an able soldier and leader of men while driving Sauron's forces from Osgiliath.

(0) Walking Unseen [Gondor]
Event • Maneuver
Stealth.
If the fellowship is in region 2 or 3, spot a Ring-bound companion (except the Ring-bearer) to play a ranger from hand; that ranger's twilight cost is -1. If the fellowship is at a forest site, you may then exert a roaming minion.
"At once four men came striding through the fern from different directions....flight and hiding were no longer possible...."

[2]Watcher of the Harad Road, Ranger of the South [Gondor]
Companion • Man
Ranger.
Assignment: Assign a roaming minion to this companion to make that minion lose fierce and all ambush bonuses until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Exert a ranger with resistance 5 or more to make that ranger gain hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if skirmishing a Man).
"‘We have not found what we sought. But what have we found?'"

[1] What Have We Found? [Gondor]
Event • Maneuver
Stealth.
Spot a Ring-bound ranger to make a roaming minion strength -2 and lose all ambush bonuses until the regroup phase.
"‘But there are no travellers in this land: only the servants of the Dark Tower, or of the White.'"

[1] Will and Strength [Gondor]
Event • Fellowship
Spot Aragorn to heal 2 companions with the Aragorn signet.
"‘We have come at last to a hard choice....'"

(0)Window of the Sunset [Gondor]
While the fellowship is in region 2, each time a roaming minion is played, you may spot a Ring-bound ranger and make the fellowship archery total -1 (to a minimum of 0) to exert that minion.
Archery: Spot a [Gondor] Man bearing a ranged weapon and discard this condition to make the fellowship archery total +1 (or +2 if the current site is a forest or sanctuary).
"‘Now I have him at the arrow-point. Shall I not shoot, Captain? For coming unbidden to this place death is our law.'"

[2]Worthy Men [Gondor]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a unique [Gondor] Man wins a skirmish, you may make a [Rohan] companion gain hunter 2 until the regroup phase.
Each time a unique [Rohan] Man wins a skirmish, you may make a [Gondor] companion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
"‘More like to the swift sons of Eorl than to the grave Men of Gondor he seemed to me, and likely to prove a great captain of his people when his time came.'"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:53:21 AM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

December 31, 2008, 08:20:29 AM
Reply #2

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: The Way Into Mordor Cardlist (12/31: Rohan, Dwarves Added)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 08:20:29 AM »
ROHAN:

[2]Aldor, Veteran Warrior [Rohan]
Ally • Home 3 [TTT] & 6 [TTT] • Man
Strength: 3
Vitality: 2
Villager. To play, spot a [Rohan] Man.
Archery: Exert Aldor and spot a Free Peoples archer and another villager to wound a minion twice. If that minion is killed, make the fellowship archery total -1.
"‘Hold!'"

[1]Aldred, Éored Rider [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant. To play, spot a [Rohan] Man.
At the start of each skirmish involving Aldred, you may discard a card borne by a minion he is skirmishing.
"‘Did you search the slain?'"

[2]Arod, Fiery and Swift [Rohan]
Possession • Mount
Resistance +1
To play, spot a [Rohan] Man. Bearer must be a Man, Elf, or Dwarf.
If bearer is Legolas or Gimli, each of them is considered to be mounted, Gimli gains hunter 1, and if you can spot Legolas, the fellowship archery total is +1.
"A smaller and lighter horse, but restive and fiery, was brought to Legolas....Gimli was lifted up behind his friend."

[1]Barricaded Entrance [Rohan]
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a minion skirmishing a valiant companion strength -3.
Response: If another fortification is about to be discarded by a Shadow card, spot a valiant companion and discard this condition to prevent that.
"But the Hornburg still held fast, like an island in the sea. Its gates lay in ruin; but over the barricade of beams and stones within no enemy as yet had passed."

[2]Bereg, Éored Warrior [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Hunter 1.
While skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai, Bereg is strength +2 (or +3 if you can spot a [Rohan] character in the dead pile).
"‘Mordor will pay for this!'"

[1] Bow of the Mark [Rohan]
Bearer must be a [Rohan] Man.
If bearer is at a battleground or plains site, he or she gains hunter 1.
At the end of each archery phase, if the fellowship archery total is 1 or less, make the fellowship archery total +1.
"...some of the horsemen had bows in hand, and their arrows were already fitted to the string."

[3] Bowmen On The Walls [Rohan]
Event • Archery
Toil 1.
Exert a valiant Man to make the fellowship archery total +1 for each [Rohan] fortification you can spot (limit +3).
"Then at last an answer came: a storm of arrows met them, and a hail of stones. They wavered, broke, and fled back...."

[2]Ceorl, Weary Defender [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.
When you play Ceorl, exert him twice.
Each time an opponent is about to replace or take control of a site, he or she must remove [X], where X is Ceorl's vitality.
Maneuver: Exert Théoden, Théodred, or Éomer to heal Ceorl.
"‘You come at last, but too late, and with too little strength. Things have gone evilly since Théodred fell.'"

(0)Days of Doubt [Rohan]
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 valiant Men.
While the fellowship is at a battleground or plains site, each minion is site number +1 for each [Rohan] hunter you can spot.
Each time the fellowship moves to a site (except a battleground or plains site), exert each unbound non- [Rohan] and non-valiant companion.
"‘But wanderers in the Riddermark would be wise to be less haughty....'"

[3] Draw Your Swords! [Rohan]
Event • Skirmish
Toil 1.
Make a valiant Man strength +1 for each hand weapon you can spot (or +2 if that weapon is an artifact).
"Together Éomer and Aragorn sprang through the door, their men close behind. The swords flashed from the sheath as one."

[1] Eastfold Farmer [Rohan]
Follower
Resistance +1
Villager. Aid – [1].
Each time you transfer this to a companion, except a [Rohan] companion, exert bearer.
Bearer gains muster.
The farmers and tillers of the grassy plains of Rohan know how to make the most of the sometimes infertile lands.

[1] Embrasure [Rohan]
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Archery: Exert a [Rohan] Man to make the fellowship archery total +1 and the minion archery total -1. Discard this condition.
"...dark against a narrow window, looking out upon the vale."

[3]Éomer, Captain of Riders [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 2. The twilight cost of each other valiant companion in your starting fellowship is -1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Éomer, you may exert him to play a valiant companion or [Rohan] weapon from your hand.
"The Rider leaped from his horse. Giving his spear to another who rode up and dismounted at his side, he drew his sword and stood face to face with Aragorn, surveying him keenly...."

[3]Éomer, Son of Éomund [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant.
While you can spot Théoden, Éomer gains his signet and hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if Théoden is a hunter).
While you can spot Gandalf, Éomer gains his signet and is defender +1.
While you can spot Aragorn, Éomer is damage +1.
"‘If we don't defend our county, Saruman will take it by force.'"

[1]Éomer's Helm [Rohan]
Possession • Helm
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Éomer.
Each time Éomer wins a skirmish, you may make another [Rohan] Man strength +1 until the regroup phase.
"Then one rode forward, a tall man, taller than all the rest; from his helm as a crest a white horsetail flowed."

[1] Éored Steed [Rohan]
Possession • Mount
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may choose a Shadow player who must exert a minion (or wound a minion if bearer is a hunter).
"Merry and Pippin heard, clear in the cold air, the neighing of war-horses, and the sudden singing of many men."

[2]Éothain, Éored Rider [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1. To play, spot a [Rohan] Man.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert a minion for each other  hunter you can spot (or wound that minion if the fellowship is moving to a plains site).
"‘Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?'"

[2]Éowyn, Daughter of Kings [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant. While in your starting fellowship, Éowyn's twilight cost is +1.
Éomer is strength +1 (and gains hunter 1 if he is a hunter).
Théoden is resistance +2.
Aragorn is defender +1.
"Very fair was her face, and her long hair was like a river of gold. Slender and tall she was in her white robe girt with silver; but strong she seemed and stern as steel...."

[2]Éowyn, Fearless and High-hearted [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Signet: Gandalf
Valiant.
While at a dwelling or plains site, if Éowyn bears a weapon, she gains hunter 1.
Each time Éowyn wins a skirmish, you may heal a villager.
"Alone Éowyn stood before the doors of the house at the stair's head; the sword was set upright before her, and her hands were laid upon the hilt. She was clad now in mail and shone like silver in the sun."

[1]Éowyn's Sword, Shieldmaiden's Blade [Rohan]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Éowyn.
At the end of each turn during which Éowyn did not lose a skirmish, you may heal a villager.
At the end of each turn during which Éowyn won a skirmish, you may heal a valiant companion.
"‘You have some skill with a blade....'"

[3]Erkenbrand, Rider of the Rohirrim [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1. While you can spot a valiant Man, Erkenbrand's twilight cost is -1.
At the start of each regroup phase, you may heal a minion to remove [2] (or [3] if the fellowship is at a battleground or plains site). You may repeat this for each other valiant companion you can spot.
"‘Help now to repair the evil in which you have joined.'"

[1] Fight for the Villagers [Rohan] (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Make a [Rohan] Man strength +2 (or +3 if you spot a villager).
"‘They do not come to destroy Rohan's crops or villages. They come to destroy its people, down to the last child.'"

(0) Forth Helmingas! [Rohan]
Event • Maneuver
Spot Théoden and exert a [Rohan] companion with the Théoden signet to make that companion defender +1 until the regroup phase.
"‘Is it not said that no foe has ever taken the Hornburg, if men defended it?'"

[1]Freda, Child of the Westfold [Rohan]
Ally • Home 3 [TTT] • Man
Strength: 1
Vitality: 1
Villager.
Discard Freda if an opponent controls any site 3.
At the start of each turn, you may heal a villager.
"‘I don't want to go, mama....'"

[2]Gamling, Defender of Helm's Dike [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1. To play, spot a valiant Man (or Théoden).
Maneuver: Play a [Rohan] possession on Gamling to heal him or a [Rohan] ally.
Each time another [Rohan] Man is killed or discarded, Gamling is strength +2 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
"‘Helm! Helm! Forth Helmingas!' he shouted as he leaped down the stair from the Rock with many men of the Westfold at his back."

[1]Garulf [Rohan]
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Bearer must be a [Rohan] villager.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert X minions, where X is the number of villagers you can spot.
"‘Father says Éothain must not ride Garulf....'"

[1]Gúthwinë, Sword of Éomer [Rohan]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Éomer.
He is damage +1.
Each time Éomer is wounded in a skirmish, you may wound a minion in that skirmish.
"‘Gúthwinë!' cried Éomer. ‘Gúthwinë for the Mark!'"

[1]Gylda [Rohan]
Ally • Home 4 [TTT] • Man
Villager.
Discard Gylda if an opponent controls any site 4.
While you can spot another [Rohan] Man and Gylda is not exhausted, she has muster.
Regroup: Exert Gylda to draw a card.
Gylda was just one of many women forced to flee her simple farming life behind on the long journey to Helm's Deep.

[2]Haleth, Young Warrior [Rohan]
Ally • Home 3 [TTT] & 4 [TTT] • Man
Strength: 4
Villager. Archer.
To play, spot 2 [Rohan] Men (or Aragorn and a [Rohan] Man).
Archery: Exert Haleth and spot 3 Free Peoples archers to wound a minion; Haleth does not add to the fellowship archery total.
"‘The men are saying we will not live out the night. They say that it is hopeless.'"

[2]Háma, Captain of Meduseld [Rohan]
Companion • Man
To play, spot a [Rohan] Man.
While at a dwelling or sanctuary, Háma gains hunter 1.
Response: If a Shadow possession is played, exert Háma to return that possession to its owner's hand (or discard it, if you can spot Théoden or 3 valiant Men).
"‘I am the Doorward of Théoden. Háma is my name. Here I must bid you lay aside your weapons before you enter.'"

[1]Hasufel, Rohirrim Steed [Rohan]
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
To play, spot a [Rohan] Man. Bearer must be a Man, Elf, or Wizard.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert.
"A great dark-grey horse was brought to Aragorn, and he mounted it. ‘Hasufel is his name,' said Éomer. ‘May he bear you well....'"

[3]Herugrim, Ancient Blade [Rohan]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Théoden. He is damage +1.
When you play Herugrim, you may heal Théoden.
Maneuver: Add a threat and exert Théoden twice to make a [Rohan] companion defender +1 until the regroup phase.
"Háma knelt and presented to Théoden a long sword in a scabbard clasped with gold and set with green gems."

[2] Horse of the Mark [Rohan]
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
To play, spot a [Rohan] Man. Bearer must be a hunter companion.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert.
"...he saw not a shadow, nor a blur, but the small figures of horsemen, many horsemen, and the glint of morning on the tips of their spears was like the twinkle of minute stars beyond the edge of mortal sight."

[2]King's Mail, Royal Armor [Rohan]
Possession • Armor
Bearer must be a [Rohan] Man. If played on Théoden, remove [1].
Bearer takes no more than 1 wound during each skirmish.
Response: If bearer is Théoden and he is about to take a wound that would kill him, add a burden or discard this possession to prevent that wound.
"‘But I will not end here, taken like an old badger in a trap....When dawn comes, I will bid men sound Helm's horn, and I will ride forth.'"

[1]Léod, Humble Rancher [Rohan]
Villager.
Discard Léod if an opponent controls any site 4.
Maneuver: Exert Léod to play a [Rohan] mount on your [Rohan] character from your hand or draw deck; that mount's twilight cost is -1.
A simple herdsman well-known for raising fine horses, Léod was one of the better-known and respected defenders during the desperate stand at Helm's Deep.

[2] Lives That Are At Stake [Rohan]
Event • Skirmish
Exert a [Rohan] Man to make him or her strength +2 for each [Rohan] ally and each [Rohan] follower in your dead and discard piles (limit +8).
"‘Were they not prepared against just such an evil day as this?'"

(0)Long Been Friends [Rohan]
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a  Man, you may spot a Man of another Free Peoples culture to remove [1].
Skirmish: Discard this condition to heal X [Rohan] companions, where X is the number of [Gandalf] and (G) Men you can spot.
"‘...their kinship is rather with the Bardings, the Men of Dale, and with the Beornings of the woods, among whom still may be seen many Men, tall and fair, like the Riders of Rohan.'"

[2]Morwen, Defender of the Penmark [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Villager. Hunter 2.
Each time another villager is killed or discarded, you may make Morwen strength +2 and resistance -2 until the regroup phase.
Though choosing to live as a simple Rohirrim woman, Morwen is a fierce former shieldmaiden willing to defend her village should the need ever again arise.

[1]Patrolling the Borders [Rohan]
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add a [Rohan] token here for each mounted [Rohan] Man you can spot.
Each time a minion is played at a plains site, you may discard this condition or remove a [Rohan] token from here to exert that minion (or wound that minion if it is roaming).
"‘What business does an Elf, a Man, and a Dwarf have in the Riddermark? Speak quickly!'"

[1]Rampart [Rohan]
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Archery: Spot 2 valiant Men to choose one: discard a machine, engine, or possession; or make the minion archery total -3. Discard this condition.
"‘We will cover the causeway and the gate from above.'"

[4]Rohirrim Éored [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Hunter 1. To play, spot a [Rohan] Man.
While at a plains site, Rohirrim Éored is strength +1.
While mounted, Rohirrim Éored is strength +2.
While each companion is mounted, the move limit is +1.

[2] Rider's Axe [Rohan]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a [Rohan] Man. Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: If bearer is mounted, discard this possession to make bearer strength +3 and damage +2 until the end of the current skirmish.
"‘The men of Rohan must ride forth today, and we will ride with them, axe, sword, and bow.'"

[2] Riding Swiftly [Rohan]
Event • Skirmish
Make a [Rohan] hunter strength +1 for each possession and artifact he or she bears.
"There was a quick beat of hoofs, and even as Grishnákh leaped up and ran, he was ridden down and a spear passed through him."

(0) Rohirrim Peasant [Rohan]
Follower
Resistance +1
Villager. Aid – [1].
Other [Rohan] cards borne by bearer may not be discarded by Shadow cards.
The citizens in Rohan's many outlying villages were the first to suffer the full might of Saruman's armies as the Riders slowly mustered their forces.

[1] Rohirrim Sword [Rohan]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
While at a battleground or plains site, bearer is damage +1.
"...long swords were at their belts, their burnished skirts of mail hung down upon their knees."

[1]Sewel [Rohan]
Villager.
Discard Sewel if an opponent controls any site 4.
Each time the fellowship moves to a plains site, you may heal Sewel.
Maneuver: Exert Sewel to make the current site a plains site until the end of the turn.
Like many of his fellow farmers, Sewel had spent many days cultivating the lands of the Westfold.

[1]Sigewulf, Valiant Defender [Rohan]
Villager. To play, spot 2 [Rohan] Men (or a [Rohan] villager).
Maneuver: Exert Sigewulf to make him valiant and allow him to participate in archery fire and skirmishes until the regroup phase.
Sigewulf was one of many volunteers whose bravery made up for his lack of battle experience.

[2]Snowmane, King's Horse [Rohan]
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.
At the start of each skirmish involving Théoden, each minion skirmishing him must exert.
"Snowmane snorted and reared, eager to follow...."

[2] Soldier of the Mark [Rohan]
Companion • Man
While you can spot 2 other valiant Men, this companion is valiant.
While you can spot 3 fortifications, each minion skirmishing this companion is strength -3.
"‘Hold fast the gate!'"

[2] Still Defended [Rohan]
Event • Skirmish
Spot a [Rohan] Man to make a minion skirmishing a valiant companion strength -1 for each fortification you can spot.
"‘You said this fortress would never fall while your men defend it....'"

[1] Stop This Rat-hole [Rohan]
Event • Skirmish
Make a [Rohan] Man strength +1. If that Man has resistance 4 or more, he or she cannot be overwhelmed unless his or her strength is tripled.
"Their onset was fierce and sudden, and the Orcs gave way before them....all were slain or driven shrieking into the chasm of the Deep to fall before the guardians of the hidden caves."

[1] Sturdy Gate [Rohan]
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Regroup: Discard this condition and spot a valiant Man to play another [Rohan] fortification from your discard pile.
"‘Is it not said that no foe has ever taken the Hornburg, if men defended it?'"

[2] Sudden and Terrible [Rohan]
Event • Regroup
Spot a [Rohan] hunter and choose one: wound a minion for each hunter you can spot or reinforce a [Rohan] token for each hunter you can spot.
"All that heard that sound trembled. Many of the Orcs cast themselves on their faces and covered their ears with their claws. Back from the Deep the echoes came, blast upon blast, as if on every cliff and hill a mighty herald stood."

[1]The Deeping Wall [Rohan]
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
Skirmish: Exert 2 [Rihan] Men to make each minion strength -1 for each wound on that minion until the regroup phase. Discard this condition.
"‘They will break upon this fortress like water on rock.'"

[3]The Hornburg [Rohan]
Condition • Support Area
Fortification.
The twilight cost of each other [Rohan] fortification is -1.
Each time another  fortification is about to be discarded, you may exert a [Rohan] Man to take that fortification into hand instead.
"There upon its spur stood high walls of ancient stone, and within them was a lofty tower. Men said that in the far-off days of the glory of Gondor the sea-kings had built here this fastness with the hands of giants."

[3]Théoden, First Marshal of the Mark [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.
The twilight cost of each other valiant companion is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
The twilight cost of each [Rohan] possession played on a valiant companion is -1.
"‘Every man and strong lad able to bear arms, all who have horses, let them be ready in the saddle at the gate ere the second hour from noon!'"

[3]Théoden, Master of Meduseld [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant. While you can spot a valiant Man, Théoden's twilight cost is -1.
Théoden is strength +1 for each [Rohan] possession and artifact he bears.
"‘If I could have set a spear in rest, riding before my men upon the field, maybe I could have felt again the joy of battle....'"

[2]Théoden's Shield [Rohan]
Possession • Shield
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.
Théoden may not take wounds except during a skirmish.
Each other valiant companion with the Théoden signet is resistance +1.
"And with that shout the king came....golden was his shield, and his spear was long."

[2]Théodred, Defender of the Fords [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.
While Théodred is exhausted, each valiant companion is strength +1.
Maneuver: Exert Théodred to make each Orc and Man minion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
"‘Let me lie here–to keep the Fords till Éomer comes!'"

[2]Théodred, Son of Théoden [Rohan]
Companion • Man
Valiant.
While you can spot Théoden or 2 [Rohan] companions, Théodred's twilight cost is -1.
While you can spot Théoden or Éomer, Théodred gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if you can spot both).
"‘...to his lord dearest and kinsmen most beloved.'"

[2] Time Is Pressing [Rohan]
Event • Regroup
Toil 1.
If the fellowship is at a battleground or plains site, spot a [Rohan] hunter or a mounted [Rohan] Man to discard a minion (or 2 roaming minions).
"‘Let us leave these wild folk to their fancies. Or let us bind them and take them to the king.'"

[1] Valleys of the Mark [Rohan] (reprint)
Condition • Support Area
Each time a roaming minion is played, you may spot a villager to exert that minion.
"‘Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing? / Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?'"

[1]Waiting for Sudden Death [Rohan]
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot a [Rohan] Man to add a [Rohan] token here.
Each time a [Rohan] Man or [Rohan] follower is killed or discarded, you may add a [Rohan] token here.
Skirmish: Discard this condition or remove a [Rohan] token from here to make a minion skirmishing a [Rohan] Man lose a keyword and be unable to gain that keyword until the regroup phase.
"‘They are proud and wilful, but they are true-hearted, generous in thought and deed; bold but not cruel; wise but unlearned, writing no books but singing many songs....'"

[1]Weland, Rohirrim Smith [Rohan]
Villager. To play, spot a [Rohan] Man.
Discard Weland if an opponent controls any site 4.
Maneuver: Exert Weland to play a [Rohan] possession (except a mount) on your valiant character from your discard pile.
A skilled and respected blacksmith, Weland was able to restore many of the worn and broken weapons brought to Helm's Deep back into effective fighting instruments.

[1] Well Prepared [Rohan]
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Discard a [Rohan] ally or [Rohan] follower from play or from hand to heal a villager.
"‘But great store of food, and many beasts and their fodder, have also been gathered there.'"

[1] Westfold Rancher [Rohan]
Follower
Strength +1
Villager. Aid – [2].
When you transfer this to a mounted companion, you may heal that companion.
Though the most regal horses are cared for in Edoras, the fine steeds bred and raised elsewhere in the country are treated like royalty as well.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 10:20:04 AM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

December 31, 2008, 08:22:51 AM
Reply #3

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: The Way Into Mordor Cardlist (12/31: Rohan, Dwarves Added)
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 08:22:51 AM »
DWARVES:

[2]A Marvel Among the Three Kindreds [Dwarven]
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
While Aragorn and Legolas each bear a ranged weapon and are each hunters, the fellowship archery total is +1.
While Legolas and Gimli each bear a hand weapon and are each hunters, they are each damage +1.
While Gimli and Aragorn each bear a weapon and are each hunters, they are each strength +1.
"‘With hope or without hope we will follow the trail of our enemies. And woe to them, if we prove the swifter!'"

(0) Ai-oi! [Dwarven]
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +2 (or +4 if in a fierce skirmish).
"‘Twenty-one!' cried Gimli. He hewed a two-handed stroke and laid the last Orc before his feet."

[2]Axe of Erebor, Walking-axe [Dwarven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Gimli.
He gains hunter 1 for each of the following that is assigned to a skirmish: Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf.
"Gimli rose and planted his feet firmly apart: his hand gripped the handle of his axe, and his dark eyes flashed."

(0) Best Company [Dwarven] (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +2 (or +4 if at a battleground).
"An axe swung and swept back. Two Orcs fell headless. The rest fled."

[2] Breaking the Silence [Dwarven]
Event • Response
Toil 2.
If a Shadow condition or Shadow event is played, spot a Dwarf who has resistance 5 or more and add a threat to return that card to its owner's hand.
"‘The words of this wizard stand on their heads. In the language of Orthanc help means ruin, and saving means slaying, that is plain. But we do not come here to beg.'"

[1]Counting Game [Dwarven]
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Each time a minion is killed or discarded in a skirmish involving Gimli, you may add a [Dwarven] token here.
While the number of tokens here and the number of tokens on Scoring Game are each X, Legolas is strength +X (limit +5).
"‘Twenty-one! Now my count passes Master Legolas again.'"

[1] Cunning Folk [Dwarven]
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Dwarf and discard a [Dwarven] card (except a companion) to shuffle another Free Peoples condition (and all cards stacked on it) into your draw deck. Draw a card for each token on that condition.
"‘We do not shape stone with battle-axes, nor with our finger-nails. But I will help as I may.'"

[1] Flint and Tinder [Dwarven]
Event • Fellowship
Spot a pipeweed and a Dwarf to play a tale condition from your discard pile. Then you may discard a pipeweed from play or from a condition it is stacked on to place this event on top of your draw deck.
"‘But first—if you have finished eating—you shall fill your pipes and light up.'"

[1] Forget My Wrath [Dwarven]
Event • Skirmish
Exert a [Dwarven] hunter to make a non- [Dwarven] hunter strength +3 or strength -3.
"‘So many strange things have chanced that to learn the praise of a fair lady under the loving strokes of a Dwarf's axe will seem no great wonder.'"

[1] Forget the Miles [Dwarven]
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf companion strength +2 (or +5 if the fellowship has moved more than once this turn).
"Stone-hard are the Dwarves in labour or journey...."

[2]Gimli, Dwarf of Many Journeys [Dwarven]
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
While you can spot Aragorn and Legolas, Gimli gains hunter 1.
Each time Gimli wins a skirmish, you may exert him to make a hunter companion damage +1 until the regroup phase.
"‘You speak evil of that which is fair beyond the reach of your thought, and only little wit can excuse you.'"

[2]Gimli, Stout and Strong [Dwarven]
Companion • Dwarf
Signet: Thorin
Valiant. Damage +1.
Skirmish: If Gimli is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to have him replace a companion (except the Ring-bearer) in a skirmish. Gimli gains hunter 2 (or hunter 3 if the companion replaced is valiant or a Dwarf) until the end of that skirmish.
"‘Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!'"

[2]Gimli's Armor, Work of Erebor [Dwarven]
Possession • Armor
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all damage bonuses from weapons.
If bearer is Gimli, each minion skirmishing him loses all hunter bonuses.
"...there was no hauberk in the hoards of Edoras of better make than his short corslet forged beneath the Mountain in the North."

[2]Gimli's Battle Axe, Restless Weapon [Dwarven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Bearer is damage +1.
If bearer is Gimli, each time he wins a fierce skirmish, you may heal him.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and play a [Dwarven] skirmish event with a twilight cost of [X] to make bearer strength +X.
"‘My axe is restless in my hands.'"

(0)Gimli's Helm, Gift of Kings [Dwarven]
Possession • Helm
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
If bearer is Gimli, he may not be exerted by Shadow cards during a skirmish.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard a possession borne by bearer to prevent that wound.
"But he chose a cap of iron and leather that fitted well upon his round head...."

[1]Gimli's Pipe, Carved In the North [Dwarven]
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time a pipeweed is about to be discarded from play, you may stack that pipeweed on a [Dwarven] condition that already has a card stacked on it instead.
Regroup: Discard a pipeweed stacked on a condition to reinforce a [Dwarven] token.
"‘Gimli re-filled his pipe...he lit it with his flint and tinder....'"

[4] Help As I May [Dwarven]
Event • Maneuver
Toil 2.
Exert Gimli and name a race (except Dwarf). Make Gimli and each companion of the named race (except the Ring-bearer) strength +3 until the regroup phase.
"‘Come, Gamling, let us see how things go on the wall!'"

[2]How Shall I Come? [Dwarven]
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Make a Dwarf that has a damage bonus and is assigned to a skirmish damage -1 until the regroup phase to stack a Free Peoples card from hand here. Make a companion of that card's culture damage +1. Limit once per skirmish.
"‘Men need many words before deeds....Though I doubt not that these Rohirrim are fell-handed when they come to it. Nonetheless this is not the warfare that suits me.'"

[2]I Am Content [Dwarven]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a minion is about to be killed or discarded in a skirmish involving a Dwarf, you may stack that minion here instead.
Regroup: Exert a Dwarf, discard this condition, and add [X] to make a Shadow player assign X wounds to minions (limit 4), where X is the number of cards stacked here.
"‘Till now I have hewn naught but wood since I left Moria.'"

[5] Khazâd! Khazâd! [Dwarven]
Event • Assignment
Toil 2.
Spot a Dwarf that is damage +X to make that Dwarf defender +X (limit +3) until the regroup phase.
"Down from the wall leapt Gimli with a fierce cry that echoed in the cliffs....He soon had work enough."

[1] Khazâd Ai-mênu [Dwarven] (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +2 (or strength +3 and damage +1 if you can spot Legolas).
"‘The Orcs are behind the wall. Ai-oi! Come, Legolas! There are enough for us both.'"

[2] Let Him Be [Dwarven]
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Dwarf (except the Ring-bearer) to make another companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength +X, where X is that Dwarf's resistance.
"‘Let him go, lad....'"

[2] My Heart Burns [Dwarven]
Event • Regroup
Heal a [Dwarven] hunter. Then, if you can spot 3 hunters, you may return this event to your hand.
"‘...I would have started sooner but now I must rest a little to run the better.'"

[2]Not Left Behind [Dwarven]
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Each time a Dwarf wins a skirmish, you may exert him to choose one: reinforce a [Dwarven] token; or stack a card from hand here or on another condition that has a [Dwarven] card already stacked on it.
If this condition is discarded from play or from a condition it is stacked on, you may heal each exhausted Dwarf.
"‘It was only a feeble blow and the cap turned it. It would take more than such an orc-scratch to keep me back.'"

[1] Quick As May Be [Dwarven] (reprint)
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Dwarf companion and an Elf companion to wound a minion.
"‘I think, nonetheless, that we no longer need any trail to tell us which way to go.'"

[2]Secret Ways [Dwarven]
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot a Dwarf.
When you play this condition, you may add a [Dwarven] token here for each mountain and underground site you can spot.
Fellowship: Discard this condition or remove a [Dwarven] token from here to stack a [Dwarven] card (except an event) from your discard pile on a [Dwarven] condition that has a card already stacked on it.
"‘Such a refuge would be to the liking of a dwarf.'"

[2]Send Them To Me! [Dwarven]
Condition
Strength +1
Bearer must be a unique Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a [Dwarven] token or stack a card from hand on a [Dwarven] condition that has a card already stacked on it.
Discard this condition at the end of the turn.
"‘Seventeen! Eighteen! Nineteen!...'"

(0) Sprung Out of the Shadows [Dwarven]
Event • Skirmish
Exert a companion (except a Dwarf) to make a Dwarf damage +1 and strength +3 (or +4 if the companion exerted is Aragorn).
"‘I cannot jump the distance! You'll have to toss me!'"

[2]Stout Companion [Dwarven]
Condition
Resistance +1
Tale. Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a fierce skirmish, you may heal a non-[Dwarven] companion.
Regroup: Discard this condition to heal bearer (twice if at a battleground or mountain site).
"‘But you comfort me, Gimli, and I am glad to have you standing nigh with your stout legs and your hard axe. I wish there were more of your kin among us.'"

[2] The Score Is Reduced [Dwarven]
Event • Regroup
Choose one: spot a tale and a Dwarf companion to heal that Dwarf and draw a card; or, if this card is stacked on a tale, discard it and add [1] to heal a Dwarf up to 3 times.
"‘You truants might make amends by finding us some of the plunder that you spoke of. Food and drink would pay off some of my score against you.'"

[3] That One Counts As Mine! [Dwarven]
Event • Skirmish
Toil 2.
Make a Dwarf strength +2. If that Dwarf wins this skirmish, you may take a [Dwarven] skirmish event into hand from your discard pile.
"‘Bring your pretty face to my axe!'"

[1] Throwing Axe [Dwarven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Bearer gains hunter 1.
This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Archery: Discard this possession to exert a minion.

[1] Tough Bones [Dwarven]
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot a Dwarf and a valiant companion.
Each time you play another [Dwarven] card, you may stack a card from hand on this condition.
Regroup: Discard this condition to draw X cards, where X is the number of cards stacked on this condition.
"‘I felt them in my feet as we came up from the dike.'"

[2] Warfare That Suits Me [Dwarven]
Condition • Support Area
Tale. If you have initiative at the start of each maneuver phase, you may stack a card from hand here.
Fellowship: Add [1] to take a [Dwarven] card stacked here into hand.
Skirmish: Discard a card stacked here to make a Dwarf strength +1 for each [Dwarven] card stacked here (limit +6).
"‘But, maybe, I shall come yet where I can stand and fight.'"

[1] Where Is He? [Dwarven]
Event • Regroup
Discard a [Dwarven] condition to make an opponent wound a minion once for each token on that condition and each card stacked on that condition.
"‘Tell me what happened and I will ease your passing.'"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:54:27 AM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

December 31, 2008, 06:12:23 PM
Reply #4

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: The Way Into Mordor Cardlist (1/1: Moria, Gandalf Added)
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 06:12:23 PM »
MORIA:

[2]Battle of the Peak [Moria]
Condition • Support Area
Each unique [Moria] minion skirmishing a companion with strength 7 or higher is damage +1.
Shadow: Discard this condition to play The Balrog from your draw deck or discard pile.
"‘But what would they say in song? Those that looked up from afar thought that the mountain was crowned with storm.'"

[1] Burst Into New Flame [Moria]
Event • Skirmish
Make a unique [Moria] minion strength +1 for each twilight token you can spot (limit +5).
"‘A great smoke rose about us, vapour and steam.'"

[2] Darken the Light of Day [Moria]
Event • Shadow
Reveal the bottom card of your draw deck. If that card is a [Moria] minion, take it into hand and add a burden. Otherwise, discard it or discard a [Moria] card from hand or from play.
"‘Far, far below the deepest delving of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.'"

(0) Foundations of Stone [Moria]
Event • Response
If The Balrog is about to be discarded or killed, place it beneath your draw deck instead.
"‘Thus he brought me back at last to the secret ways of Khazad-dûm....'"

[4] Secret Ways [Moria]
Event • Regroup
While the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, this event's twilight cost is -2.
Exert The Balrog and discard each other minion to make the Free Peoples player choose to move again (if the move limit allows). You may play the fellowship's next site (replacing opponent's site if necessary).
"‘...too well he knew them all. Ever up now we went, until we came to the Endless Stair.'"

[9]The Balrog, Quenched [Moria]
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 14
Vitality: 5
Site: 4
Fierce.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may discard all other minions to choose an unbound companion with strength 7 or higher. Until the regroup phase, only that companion can be assigned to skirmishes.
Response: If a player reconciles while the fellowship is at an underground site, return this minion to its owner's hand.
"‘...but now he was a thing of slime, stronger than a strangling snake.'"

(0) Through Fire and Water [Moria]
Event • Response
If The Balrog is played, make its twilight cost -1 for each mountain and underground site on the adventure path.
"‘From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought him, the Balrog of Morgoth.'"

[2]Without Escape [Moria]
Condition • Support Area
Skirmishes involving The Balrog cannot be cancelled.
Assignment: Discard this condition to assign The Balrog to a companion with strength 7 or more. The Free Peoples player may add 2 burdens to prevent this.
"‘The tower behind was crumbled into dust, the window gone; the ruined stair was choked with burned and broken stone.'"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 09:54:06 PM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

December 31, 2008, 09:47:58 PM
Reply #5

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: The Way Into Mordor Cardlist (1/1: Moria, Gandalf Added)
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 09:47:58 PM »
GANDALF:

[1] A Faint Light Growing [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
Spell.
Response:
If the twilight pool has fewer than 3 twilight tokens and a companion with the Gandalf signet or bearing a [Gandalf] condition is about to take a wound, spot Gandalf and add [2] to prevent that wound.
"‘Dark have been my dreams of late, but I feel as one new-awakened. I would now that you had come before, Gandalf.'"

[1] A Land Changed [Gandalf]
Event • Fellowship or Maneuver
Spot 2 Trees to replace the fellowship's current site with a forest site from your adventure deck.
"‘It is not wizardry, but a power far older, a power that walked the earth, ere elf sang or hammer rang.'"

[2] A Strange and Sad Story [Gandalf]
Condition
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Tale. Bearer must be an unhasty Ent (or Treebeard). Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time an Ent is played, you may heal bearer.
"‘Together we will take the road that leads into the West, / And far away will find a land where both our hearts may rest.'"

[2] A Swift Errand [Gandalf]
Event • Regroup
Discard Gandalf to discard a condition for each Gandalf signet you can spot.
"‘The Gray Pilgrim, that's what they used to call me. Three hundred lives of men I have walked this earth and now I have no time.'"

[3] A Wizard Should Know Better! [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot 3 Ents, the twilight cost of each Shadow spell is +1.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to wound a minion skirmishing an Ent (twice if that minion is an Orc, Uruk-hai, or Wizard).
"‘It is the orc-work, the wanton hewing – rárum – without even the bad excuse of feeding the fires, that has so angered us; and the treachery of a neighbour, who should have helped us.'"

[2]All In White [Gandalf]
Condition
Resistance +1
Spell. Bearer must be Gandalf.
While you cannot spot a threat, Gandalf is strength +1.
While you cannot spot a twilight token, Gandalf is damage +1.
While you cannot spot a burden, Gandalf may not be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
"‘Yes, I am white now. Indeed I am Saruman, one might almost say, Saruman as he should have been.'"

[2] Be Silent [Gandalf]
Event • Assignment
Spell.
Exert Gandalf to spot a minion with strength less than Gandalf. That minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase.
"‘I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crude words with a witless worm.'"

[4]Beechbone [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Strength: 9
To play, spot 2 [Gandalf] characters.
Each time an Ent is killed (including Beechbone), each Ent is strength +2 and loses unhasty until the end of the turn.
"‘...a very tall handsome Ent....'"
23C?

[3] Beyond All Light and Knowledge [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Exert Gandalf to remove the game text (except card type and race) from a minion skirmishing Gandalf until the regroup phase.
"‘We fought far under the living earth, where time is not counted. Ever he clutched me, and ever I hewed him....'"

(0) Beyond Wonder, Joy, and Fear [Gandalf]
Event • Fellowship
Play Gandalf from your discard pile and add [X] to heal X companions with the Gandalf signet or bearing a [Gandalf] condition.
"‘Be merry! We meet again. At the turn of the tide. The great storm is coming, but the tide has turned.'"

[4]Birchseed, Brethil [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Unhasty. When Birchseed is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -1.
Assignment: Exert an unbound Hobbit or another Ent to allow Birchseed to skirmish.
Each time Birchseed wins a skirmish, you may heal another [Gandalf] character (or an unbound Hobbit if that skirmish involved an Orc or Uruk-hai).
"...there were tall strong Ents, clean-limbed and smooth-skinned like forest-trees in their prime...."
23U?

[3] Break Into Splinters [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Toil 1.
Spot 3 Ents to discard an engine, machine, or possession.
"‘We are made of the bones of the earth. We can split stone like the roots of trees, only quicker, far quicker, if our minds are roused!'"

[1] By Strange Roads I Came [Gandalf]
Event • Regroup
Heal Gandalf twice. If you do not move again this turn, wound Gandalf.
"‘I tarried there in the ageless time of that land where days bring healing not decay. Healing I found, and I was clothed in white. Counsel I gave and counsel took.'"

[3] Dark Huorn [Gandalf]
Companion • Tree
Resistance: 4
This companion is damage +1 for each Orc and Uruk-hai in its skirmish.
Maneuver: Add a threat to make this companion strength +2 until the regroup phase (limit once per phase).
"‘There is a great power in them, and they seem able to wrap themselves in shadow....'"

[2] Drawn Out Like Poison [Gandalf]
Event • Maneuver
Spell.
Spot Gandalf to discard a Shadow follower or a Shadow card borne by a companion or ally.
"‘I release you from this spell.'"

[3] Enyd of Fangorn [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
To play, spot 2 Ents (or a unique Ent).
Each time this companion wins a skirmish at a battleground, dwelling, or forest site, you may add [2] to take a non-event [Gandalf] card into hand from your discard pile.
"‘I have heard nothing of this in my own land, save only songs that tell how the Onodrim, that Men call Ents, dwelt there long ago....'"
23U?

[1][2]Fangorn Forest [Gandalf]
Companion • Tree
Strength: 12
Vitality: 6
Damage +1. To play, spot 2 Trees or 2 unique Ents.
Fangorn Forest's twilight cost is -2 for each Ent and Tree you can spot.
Fangorn Forest is strength +2 for each Orc and Uruk-hai in its skirmish.
"‘It is Orcs that they hate....From the deep dales of Fangorn, Gimli, that is whence they come....'"

[4]Gandalf, Captain and Banner [Gandalf]
Companion • Wizard
While you can spot another hunter, Gandalf's twilight cost is -1 (or -2 if that hunter has the Aragorn or Gandalf signet).
While you can spot 3 other hunters, Gandalf gains hunter 1.
While you can spot 5 other hunters, Gandalf is damage +1.
"‘We will go where he leads.'"

[4]Gandalf, Stormcrow [Gandalf]
Companion • Wizard
Valiant.
Each time Gandalf wins a skirmish, you may choose one: heal a companion with the Gandalf signet or bearing a [Gandalf] condition; or discard a condition borne by a character.
"‘No counsel have I to give to those that despair. Yet counsel I could give, and words I could speak to you.'"

[1]Gandalf's Cloak, Grey Cloak [Gandalf]
Possession • Cloak
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Wizard.
Fellowship: Discard this possession to take a spell of bearer's culture into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
"Casting his tattered cloak aside, he stood up and leaned no longer on his staff; and he spoke in a clear cold voice."

[2]Gandalf's Staff, Dangerous Instrument [Gandalf]
Artifact • Staff
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
The twilight cost of each [Gandalf] spell is -1.
Regroup: Exert Gandalf and discard a Free Peoples spell with a twilight cost of X from hand or from play to discard a Shadow condition with a twilight cost of X or less.
"He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. "

[2]Glamdring, Forged In Gondolin [Gandalf]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Gandalf.
He is damage +1.
Each time the fellowship moves to a site in region 2 or region 3, you may play this weapon from your draw deck or discard pile.
"‘Glamdring it is called, for the Elves made it long ago. Now let me pass.'"

[1] Grey and Menacing [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Make a [Gandalf] companion strength +2 (or +3 if skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai).
"Wailing they passed under the waiting shadow of the trees; and from that shadow none ever came again."

[6]Gwaihir, Friend At Need [Gandalf]
Ally • Home 5 [LA] & 3 [FotR] • Eagle
Strength: 11
Unhasty. Damage +1. Each companion bearing a [Gandalf] follower is strength +1.
Response: If no card is stacked here and an unbound Wizard is about to be killed or discarded, stack that Wizard here.
Fellowship: Exert Gwaihir twice to play a Wizard stacked here.
"‘Light as a swan's feather in my claw you are....Indeed I do not think you need me any more: were I to let you fall you would float upon the wind.'"

[2] He Is Come Again [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
If you cannot spot a twilight token, you may play this event from your discard pile.
Spot Gandalf to make an unbound companion bearing a [Gandalf] condition strength +1 for each Gandalf signet you can spot (limit +4).
"There suddenly upon a ridge appeared a rider, clad in white, shining in the rising sun."

[1] Hearken All! [Gandalf]
Condition
Resistance +1
To play, spot Gandalf. Bearer must be an unbound companion with the Gandalf signet. Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time Gandalf wins a skirmish, you may choose one: add [1] to heal bearer; or make bearer strength +1 until the regroup phase.
"‘Here now I name my guest, Gandalf Greyhame, wisest of counsellors; most welcome of wanderers, a lord of the Mark, a chieftain of the Eorlingas while our kin shall last....'"

(0)Hearken To Me [Gandalf] (reprint)
Condition
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Spell. To play, spot Gandalf. Bearer must be Théoden.
He gains the Gandalf signet.
Discard all Shadow conditions on Théoden. Shadow conditions may not be played on Théoden.
"‘Not all is dark. Take courage, Lord of the Mark; for better help you will not find.'"

[2] Huorn of Fangorn [Gandalf]
Companion • Tree
To play, spot a [Gandalf] character.
While you can spot an Orc or Uruk-hai, this companion is damage +1.
This companion is strength +1 for each Tree and Ent you can spot (limit +4).
"‘...the Ents with all their rustling Huorns behind.'"

[3] In a Tremendous Hurry [Gandalf]
Event • Regroup
Discard Gandalf to take up to 3 other [Gandalf] cards (except characters) into hand from your discard pile.
"‘This is a perilous night, and I must ride fast. But the dawn may be brighter; and if so, we shall meet again.'"

[2] In the Hour of Need [Gandalf]
Event • Assignment
Play Gandalf from your discard pile to discard a minion with vitality 2 or less.
"The White Rider was upon them, and the terror of his coming filled the enemy with madness."

[2] Infuriated [Gandalf]
Condition
Strength +2
Toil 1. Bearer must be an Ent. Limit 1 per bearer.
While wounded, bearer loses unhasty.
"‘When Treebeard had got a few arrows in him, he began to warm up, to get positively ‘hasty', as he would say.'"
23U?

[2] Join the Moot! [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Make an Ent strength +1 for each other Ent you can spot.
"Then with a crash came a great ringing shout: ‘ra-hoom-rah!' The trees quivered and bent as if a gust had struck them."

[7]Leaflock, Ancient Ent [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Strength: 10
Unhasty. Leaflock's twilight cost is -1 for each Ent and Tree you can spot.
Each Tree is strength +1 (or +2 if you can spot a Wizard).
Assignment: Exert a Tree or 2 Ents to allow Leaflock to skirmish.
"‘Leaflock has grown sleepy, almost tree-ish, you might say...covered with leafy hair, he is.'"

[4]Lindenroot, Nimlothond [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Unhasty. To play, spot 2 [Gandalf] characters (or a unique Ent).
Assignment: Exert an unbound Hobbit or discard a [Gandalf] card from hand to allow Lindenroot to skirmish.
Each time Lindenroot wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion (or wound that minion if it is an Orc or Uruk-hai).
"There were a few older Ents, bearded and gnarled like hale but ancient trees...."
23R?

[3] Long Count of Years [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
Tale. When you play this condition, you may spot an Ent to add a [Gandalf] token here for each river and forest site on the adventure path.
Fellowship: Remove X [Gandalf] tokens from here to play an Ent at twilight cost -X.
Skirmish: Remove a [Gandalf] token from here to make an Ent strength +1 or damage +1.
"‘Only three remain of the first Ents that walked in the woods before the Darkness: only myself, Fangorn, and Finglas and Fladrif – to give them their Elvish names; you may call them Leaflock and Skinbark if you like that better.'"

[3] March and Sing [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Toil 1.
Make a [Gandalf] companion strength +1 for each card borne by that companion. If that companion is an Ent, you may then make him strength +1 for each tale he bears.
"‘But if we stayed at home and did nothing, doom would find us anyway, sooner or later. That thought has long been growing in our hearts; and that is why we are marching now. It was not a hasty resolve.'"

[1][3]Marching Onodrim [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Strength: 15
To play, spot 3 Ents (or 2 unique Ents).
Marching Onodrim's twilight cost is -2 for each Ent you can spot.
While at a battleground, Marching Onodrim is damage +1.
While at a forest site, Marching Onodrim is damage +1.
"‘For bole and bough are burning now, the furnace roars – we go to war!'"
23R?

[3] Need of Haste [Gandalf]
Event • Regroup
Discard Gandalf to make the move limit +1 for this turn. You may draw a card for each other [Gandalf] card borne by Gandalf that is discarded in this way.
"He spoke a word to Shadowfax, and like an arrow from the bow the great horse sprang away."

(0) Not All Is Dark [Gandalf]
Event • Assignment
Spell.
Exert Gandalf and discard a card from hand to remove all twilight tokens from the twilight pool.
"‘Too long have you sat in the shadows....'"

[4]Not Our War [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1. To play, spot 3 Ents.
At the start of the regroup phase, make a Shadow player wound a minion for each Ent that was not involved in a skirmish this turn.
"‘The Ents cannot hold back this storm. We must weather such things as we have always done.'"

[3] Not So Hasty [Gandalf]
Event • Fellowship
Heal an unbound companion for each unhasty Ent you can spot.
"‘I have become too hot. I must cool myself and think; for it is easier to shout ‘stop!' than to do it.'"

[2]Nut and Acorn, Root and Twig [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Tree takes a wound (except during the archery phase), you may make an Ent strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Each time an Ent takes a wound (except during the archery phase), you may make a Tree strength +2 until the regroup phase.
"‘Many of these trees were my friends....They had voices of their own.'"

[2] Onod of the Entwood [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Unhasty.
Fellowship or Regroup: Add [3] or discard 2 cards from hand to allow this companion to skirmish until the next regroup phase.
While at a forest or battleground, if you can spot 3 other Ents, this companion loses unhasty.
"‘I thought they were only a memory of ancient days, if indeed they were ever more than a legend of Rohan.'"
23C?

(0) Opened Clearly [Gandalf]
Event • Assignment
You may add [2] to play this event during the fellowship phase.
Spot Gandalf to reveal each player's hand. Choose an opponent to discard a card from your hand, then discard a card from each opponent's hand.
"‘I have forgotten much that I thought I knew, and learned again much that I had forgotten. I can see many things far off....'"

[4] Positively Hasty [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Toil 2.
If a wounded Ent is not assigned to a skirmish, have that Ent replace an unbound companion in a skirmish.
"‘He let out a great ‘hoom-hom', and a dozen more Ents came striding up.'"

(0) Queer and Wild [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Ent or Tree to make it strength +3.
"‘They can move very quickly, if they are angry.'"

[4]Quickbeam, Lover of Rowan-trees [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
When Quickbeam is in your starting fellowship and you can spot a [Gandalf] or [Shire] companion, Quickbeam's twilight cost is -2.
The twilight cost of each other Ent and Tree is -1.
Assignment: Exert an Ent or discard a [Gandalf] card from hand to make another Ent lose unhasty until the regroup phase.
"‘He says he has already made up his mind....he is the nearest thing among us to a hasty Ent.'"
23U?

[2] Release the River [Gandalf]
Event • Regroup
Spot an Ent and exert 2 unbound Hobbits twice (or once if at a river) to heal each Ent and liberate a site.
"‘Break the dam! Release the river!'"

[2] Remember Their Strength [Gandalf]
Event • Assignment
Exert Gandalf to choose one: discard a Shadow possession; or play a possession from your draw deck on a companion with the Gandalf signet or bearing a [Gandalf] condition.
"‘Nor does age lie so heavily on your shoulders as some would have you think. Cast aside your prop!'"

(0) Salve [Gandalf] (reprint)
Condition
Spell. To play, spot a [Gandalf] Wizard. Bearer must be a companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound that would kill him or her, discard this condition to prevent that wound.
"‘Now Théoden son of Thengel, will you hearken to me? Do you ask for help?'"

[4] Scorched and Blistered [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Place an Ent in the dead pile to discard each minion skirmishing that Ent and make each other wounded Ent damage +1 until the regroup phase.
"‘One of them, Beechbone I think he was called...got caught in a spray of some liquid fire and burned like a torch: a horrible sight. That sent them mad.'"

[2] Search of the Ents [Gandalf]
Condition
Resistance +2
Tale. Bearer must be an Ent. Limit 1 per bearer.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make bearer strength +1 for each vitality he has.
"‘Long we called, and long we searched; and we asked all folk that we met which way the Entwives had gone. Some said they had never seen them; and some said that they had seen them walking away west, and some said east, and others south. But nowhere that we went could we find them.'"

[1] Secret Ways [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Make Gandalf strength +2 (or +4 if in a fierce skirmish).
"‘In that despair my enemy was my only hope, and I pursued him, clutching at his heel....until we came to the Endless Stair.'"

[4] Set To Work [Gandalf]
Event • Assignment
Toil 2.
Exert an Ent 3 times (or 2 times if you can spot a [Gandalf] companion in the dead pile) to make that Ent strength +6, damage +1, defender +1, and lose unhasty until the regroup phase.
"‘They pushed, pulled, tore, shook, and hammered; and clang-bang, crash-crack, in five minutes they had these huge gates just lying in ruin....'"

[2]Shadowfax, Prince of Horses [Gandalf]
Possession • Mount
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Gandalf. He gains hunter 1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Gandalf, each minion skirmishing him must exert.
Response: If a Free Peoples mount is about to be discarded, exert Gandalf to take that mount into hand instead.
"...the great horse came striding up the slope towards them; his coat was glistening and his mane flowing in the wind of his speed. The two others followed, now far behind."

[1] Smote In His Ruin [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Spell.
Make a minion skirmishing Gandalf strength -1 for each twilight token you can spot.
"‘I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side....'"

(0) Speaking In Riddles [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
Riddle.
Each time you play a [Gandalf] spell, you may exert Gandalf to remove a burden or a threat.
Each time the fellowship moves, add a burdens or 2 threats or discard this condition.
"‘A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.'"

[1] Stone-Cracking and Earth-Gnawing [Gandalf]
Event • Fellowship or Regroup
Spot 2 Ents or 3 Trees to replace a site in the fellowship's current region with a forest, river, or marsh site from your adventure deck.
"‘Ents and Huorns were digging great pits and trenches, and making great pools and dams, gathering all the waters of the Isen and every other spring and stream that they could find.'"

[1] Striding and Storming [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may spot an Ent or Tree in the dead pile to make an Ent lose unhasty until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make an Ent strength +1 for each companion in the dead pile.
"‘I thought that they had been really roused before; but I was wrong. I saw what it was like at last. It was staggering. They roared and boomed and trumpeted, until stones began to crack and fall at the mere noise of them.'"

[2] Suddenly Changed [Gandalf]
Event • Assignment
Spell.
Exert Gandalf to heal a companion for each [Gandalf] card borne by that companion (limit 3).
"There the darkness seemed to clear, and through the opening could be seen, high and far, a patch of shining sky."

[7]Ta-rûna Rûna Rûna Rom [Gandalf]
Condition • Support Area
This condition's twilight cost is -1 for each Ent and unbound Hobbit you can spot.
Each Ent at a battleground is strength +1.
Each Ent at a forest is vitality +1.
Each Ent skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai is damage +1.
"‘...with roll of drum, we come, we come; To Isengard with doom we come! With doom we come, with doom we come!'"

[2] The Tree-killer! [Gandalf]
Event • Response
If an Ent wins a skirmish, you may exert that Ent to capture a minion in that skirmish.
"‘There was a pale figure hurrying away in and out of the shadows of the pillars, and it had nearly reached the stairs to the tower-door. But it was a near thing. Quickbeam was so hot after him, that he was within a step or two of being caught and strangled....'"

[2] Time Not Counted [Gandalf]
Event • Fellowship
Spell.
Spot Gandalf to reveal the top or bottom X cards of an opponent's draw deck, where X is Gandalf's vitality. Discard a Shadow card and a Free Peoples card revealed. That opponent may reshuffle that deck.
"‘Then we plunged into the deep water and all was dark. Cold it was as the tide of death: almost it froze my heart.'"

[3] Towering Above Them [Gandalf]
Event • Skirmish
Toil 2.
Make Gandalf strength +1 for each [Gandalf] card he bears.
"Then suddenly he threw back his grey cloak, and cast aside his hat, and leaped to horseback. He wore no helm nor mail. His snowy hair flew free in the wind, his white robes shone dazzling in the sun."

[4]Treebeard, Earthborn [Gandalf] (reprint)
Ally • Home 2 [TTT] & 8 [TTT] • Ent
Unhasty.
Response:
If an unbound Hobbit is about to be discarded, stack that Hobbit here instead.
Fellowship: Exert Treebeard and add [1] to play an unbound Hobbit stacked here as if played from hand.
"‘Hm, but you are hasty folk, I see. I am honoured by your confidence; but you should not be too free all at once.'"
23R?

[5]Treebeard, Eldest Ent [Gandalf]
Companion • Ent
Unhasty. Damage +1.
Maneuver:
Exert an unbound Hobbit or Wizard companion to allow Treebeard to skirmish and participate in archery fire until the regroup phase.
Maneuver: Spot a [Gandalf] Wizard and exert Treebeard to play an unbound Hobbit from your discard pile.
"‘I told Gandalf I would keep you safe, and safe is where I'll keep you.'"
23U?

[1][2]Trees of Fangorn [Gandalf]
Companion • Tree
Vitality: 5
Damage +1. Defender +1. To play, spot 2 Trees or 2 Ents.
Trees of Fangorn's twilight cost is -2 for each Tree you can spot.
Regroup: Exert Trees of Fangorn and another Tree companion to liberate a site.
"Great trees, bare and silent, stood, rank on rank, with tangled bough and hoary head...."

[2]Wandlimb, Fimbrethil [Gandalf]
Follower
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Aid – [3].
To play, spot a [Gandalf] character.
Each time you transfer this to a companion, except an Ent, exert bearer twice.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may heal a companion.
"‘Very fair she was still in my eyes...though little like the Entmaiden of old.'"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 09:53:22 PM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

January 01, 2009, 11:25:13 AM
Reply #6

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: The Way Into Mordor Cardlist (1/1: Moria, Gandalf, Wraiths Added)
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 11:25:13 AM »
WRAITHS:

[2] All Dead, All Rotten [Wraith]
Condition • Support Area
Response: If fellowship moves to a marsh, discard this condition to play a twilight Wraith from your discard pile; that minion's twilight cost is -1 for each Ring-bound companion you can spot.
"‘They lie in all the pools, pale faces, deep deep under the dark water. I saw them: grim faces and evil....A fell light is in them.'"

[3] All In Darkness [Wraith]
Event • Regroup
Discard a [Wraith] minion to discard an ally or follower. If you can spot no such card, the Free Peoples player must discard a companion.
"‘Soon their terror will overshadow the last armies of our friends, cutting off the sun.'"

[1] All That They Make Out [Wraith]
Event • Skirmish
Spot a [Sauron] or [Isengard] minion to make a Nazgûl strength +3, or spot a Nazgûl to make a [Sauron] or [Isengard] minion strength +3.
"‘You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Uglúk. Nazgûl! Ah!...You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye.'"

[2] Always Creeping [Sauron]
Event • Shadow or Regroup
Exert a twilight Wraith and remove a character in the dead pile from the game to add a burden (or 3 burdens if played during the regroup phase).
"‘Tall Men with long swords, and terrible Elves, and Orcses shrieking. They fought on the plain for days and months at the Black Gates. But the Marshes have grown since then, swallowed up the graves....'"

[1]Black Mere [Wraith]
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
Each time you play a twilight Wraith, you may add a [Wraith] token here.
Each time you play a twilight minion or [Wraith] search card, you may remove X [Wraith] tokens from here to add [X].
Each time the fellowship moves to a non-marsh site, remove 2 burdens or discard this condition.
"Presently it grew altogether dark: the air itself seemed black and heavy to breathe."

[2]Black Shadows [Wraith]
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a mounted Nazgûl wins a skirmish, remove [2] to capture a companion or ally in that skirmish. That Nazgûl cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase. Discard this condition.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a mounted Nazgûl strength +3.
"‘It was a Black Rider on wings, a Nazgûl. It could have taken you away to the Dark Tower.'"

[2]Blade of Dol Guldur [Wraith]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.
While bearer is Úlairë Attëa, each time he wins a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must exert X companions or add X burdens, where X is the number of cultures in the fellowship.
"Few now have the skill in healing to match such evil weapons...."

[2] Calling for The Precious [Wraith]
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing a Nazgûl strength -2 (or -4 if that companion has resistance 2 or less).
"‘Wraiths on wings! The Precious is their master.'"

[2] Change Is Coming [Wraith]
Condition • Support Area
Search. Weather.
Assignment
or Regroup: Discard a twilight minion with twilight cost X to play a Nazgûl; its twilight cost is -X.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Nazgûl strength +1 for each twilight Wraith you can spot.
"...the stirring of the air became perceptible to them; and it grew very cold. As they stood straining their ears, they heard a noise like a wind coming in the distance. The misty lights wavered, dimmed, and went out."

[2] Cursed Place [Wraith]
Event • Skirmish
Remove a burden to wound a companion skirmishing a twilight Wraith minion. Then, if the fellowship is at a marsh, the Free Peoples player must exert a Ring-bound companion.
"There was a faint hiss, a noisome smell went up, the lights flickered and danced and swirled."

[2] Dead Things [Sauron]
Minion • Wraith
Twilight.
This minion is strength +2 for each character in the dead pile.
"‘They lie in all the pools, pale faces, deep deep under the dark water.'"

(0) Fell Beast [Wraith] (reprint)
Possession • Mount
Strength: +2
To play, discard 2 cards from hand.
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.
Bearer is fierce.
"‘And these winged creatures that they ride on now, they can probably see more than any other creature. They are like great carrion birds.'"

[1] Flickering Candles [Wraith]
Minion • Wraith
Twilight. To play, spot a twilight minion.
"‘They're all round us now. Are we trapped?'"

[3] Ghostly Wisp [Wraith]
Minion • Wraith
Twilight.
Regroup:
Spot another twilight minion or Nazgûl and discard this minion to add a burden.
"‘Cold be heart and hand and bone / Cold be travelers far from home.'"

[5]Messengers of Mordor [Wraith]
Condition • Support Area
Toil 2.
Each time the fellowship moves to the next region, discard this condition.
Regroup: Exert a Nazgûl to add a [Wraith] token here.
Skirmish: Remove a [Wraith] token from here to make a Nazgûl strength +X, where X is the current region number.
"‘The storm is coming. The Nazgûl have crossed the River!'"

[3] Misty Flame [Wraith]
Minion • Wraith
Twilight. Enduring.
Skirmish:
Spot another twilight or [Wraith] minion and exert this minion to make a twilight minion or Nazgûl strength +1 for each burden you can spot.
"When lights appeared Sam rubbed his eyes: he thought his head was going queer. He first saw one with the corner of his left eye, a wisp of pale sheen...."

[3]Not Too Soon [Wraith]
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Discard a Nazgûl from hand to add a [Wraith] token here.
Shadow: Spot a [Wraith] minion and remove a [Wraith] token from here to add [X], where X is the current region number.
"‘They're for the War - and other purposes.'"

[1]On the Watch [Wraith]
Condition • Support Area
Search.
Each time you play a Nazgûl at a mountain, marsh, or plains site, you may add a [Wraith] token here.
Shadow: Remove 3 [Wraith] tokens from here to prevent a companion from being assigned to skirmish [Wraith] minions until the regroup phase. The Free Peoples player may return a companion to his or her hand to prevent this. Discard this condition.
"The same warning fear was on him as he had felt in the presence of the Black Riders, the helpless horror that had come with the cry in the wind and the shadow on the moon...."

[2] Pale Lights [Wraith]
Minion • Wraith
Twilight. To play, spot a twilight minion or a Nazgûl.
When you play this minion, you may choose one: spot 2 Nazgûl or 2 other twilight minions to add a burden; or remove a burden to make this minion fierce and damage +1 until the end of the turn.
"...others appeared soon after: some like dimly shining smoke, some like misty flames flickering slowly above unseen candles...."

[2] Pale Shapes [Sauron]
Minion • Wraith
Twilight. Fierce. To play, spot a twilight Wraith.
Each time a Free Peoples character is killed, add a burden.
"‘The Dead can't be really there! Is it some devilry hatched in the Dark Land?'"

(0)Ring of Coercion [Wraith]
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Nazgûl.
Assignment: Spot 6 burdens and 2 [Wraith] minions to assign a companion to skirmish bearer. The Free Peoples player may add a burden to prevent this and assign bearer.
Response: If a player reconciles, return bearer to his owner's hand.

[2]Slimed and Fouled [Wraith]
Condition • Support Area
Weather.
Each time the fellowship moves from a marsh, each companion with resistance 3 or less must exert. The Free Peoples player may exert each Ring-bound companion to prevent this.
"Often they floundered, stepping or falling hands-first into waters as noisome as a cesspool, till they were slimed and fouled almost up to their necks and stank in one another's nostrils."

[2]Shapes In the Dark [Wraith]
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a twilight Wraith.
Regroup: If the fellowship is at a marsh, discard this condition to make the fellowship move again this turn (if the move limit allows). The Free Peoples player may add a burden for each Wraith minion you can spot to prevent this.
"‘Very very weary, of course; so we are, my precious, all of us. But we must take master away from the wicked lights, yes, yes, we must.'"

[3] Terror Far Greater [Wraith]
Event • Maneuver
Spot a mounted Nazgûl to add a burden. Then you may discard a [Wraith] mount to take this event back into hand.
"Then came a blast of savage wind, and with it, mingling with its roar, there came a high shrill shriek. The hobbits had heard just such a cry far away in the Marish as they fled from Hobbiton...."

[6]The Fallen [Sauron]
Minion • Wraith
Twilight.
While the fellowship is at a marsh, twilight minions cannot take wounds (except during skirmishes).
Regroup: Exert a twilight Wraith and remove a burden to make the Free Peoples player wound a Ring-bound companion (or wound an unbound companion twice).
"‘I know not who they are; but I thought I saw there Men and Elves, and Orcs beside them.'"

[8]The Witch-king, Wraith-lord [Wraith]
Minion • Nazgûl
Site: 3
Fierce.
While you can spot 2 other [Wraith] hunters, The Witch-king gains hunter 1.
Each time a twilight minion with strength 8 or less wins a skirmish, you may exert The Witch-king to add a burden.
Each time a Nazgûl wins a fierce skirmish, you may exert The Witch-king twice to add a burden.
"‘He sees. He knows....The Wraiths are searching.'"

[6]Úlairë Attëa, Winged Hunter [Wraith]
Minion • Nazgûl
Strength: 11
Fierce. Hunter 1.
While you can spot 3 Free Peoples cultures (or 5 burdens), each companion skirmishing Úlairë Attëa loses all strength bonuses from possessions.
Each time Úlairë Attëa wins a skirmish, you may spot 3 Free Peoples cultures to make the Free Peoples player return an unbound companion to hand.
"It wheeled and went north, flying at a speed greater than any wind of Middle-earth. The stars fainted before it."

[4]Úlairë Lemenya, Winged Predator [Wraith]
Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 1.
Each companion skirmishing a Nazgûl is strength -1 for each resistance that companion has less than 3.
"‘For he was a Nazgûl, one of the Nine, who ride now upon winged steeds.'"

[4]Úlairë Nertëa, Winged Terror [Wraith]
Minion • Nazgûl
Hunter 1. Lurker.
Response:
If a Nazgûl wins a skirmish, discard Úlairë Nertëa to add a burden for each wound on a companion in that skirmish.
"But the shadow of horror wheeled and returned, passing lower now, right above them, sweeping the fen-reek with its ghastly wings."

[6]Úlairë Toldëa, Winged Sentry [Wraith] (reprint)
Minion • Nazgûl
Fierce.
Each time Úlairë Toldëa wins a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must exert a companion or add a burden.
"‘They are calling for it. Calling for The Precious.'"

[2] Where's the Master? [Wraith]
Event • Assignment
Search.
Assign a twilight Wraith minion to a Ring-bound companion. The Free Peoples player may add a burden to prevent this.
"Suddenly he stumbled against Frodo, who was standing lost in thought, looking at the pale lights. His hands hung stiff at his sides; water and slime were dripping from them."

[2]You Cannot Kill Them [Wraith]
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a Nazgûl is about to take a wound, discard a [Wraith] card from play to prevent all wounds to that Nazgûl until the end of the current phase.
"‘What new terror is this?'"
Best regards,
Dáin

January 06, 2009, 11:51:31 AM
Reply #7

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: The Way Into Mordor Cardlist (1/6: Dunland Added)
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »
DUNLAND:

(0) A Secret Folk [Dunland]
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, discard this condition.
Regroup: Discard a [Dunland] Man to add [1] for each Man you can spot.
"Only in Dunland did Men of this race hold to their old speech and manners...unfriendly to the Dúnedain, hating the Rohirrim...."

[2]Blinded By Hatred [Dunland]
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may add a [Dunland] token here for each [Dunland] minion in the discard pile.
Response: If a [Dunland] minion is killed, remove X [Dunland] tokens from here (where X is that minion's twilight cost) to make a [Dunland] minion strength +2 or fierce until the regroup phase.
"...Saruman had told them that the men of Rohan were cruel and burned their captives alive."

[1] Death To the Forgoil! [Dunland]
Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 sites you control to wound a companion skirmishing a [Dunland] Man. Unless that companion is a [Rohan] Man, the Free Peoples player may make that companion strength -2 until the regroup phase to prevent this.
"‘Death to the Strawheads! Death to the robbers of the North!'"

[3] Dunlending Bandit [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Regroup: Stack this minion on a site you control.
Shadow: If stacked on a site you control, play this minion to discard an ally. If you can spot no such card, discard a Free Peoples condition.
Many innocent villagers fell to the flood of hillmen storming their homeland.

[3] Dunlending Barbarian [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must discard one of his or her possessions or allies (or, if you control a site, you may discard a Free Peoples possession or ally).
Blinded by centuries-old rage, the wild men of Dunland showed no mercy to the men and women of Rohan.

[4] Dunlending Conscript [Dunland]
Minion • Man
When you play this minion, you may exert it to play a [Dunland] possession on it from your draw deck.
Skirmish: Exert this minion to wound a companion he is skirmishing.
"...fierce companies of the Dunlendish hillmen were thrown against it."

[2] Dunlending Forager [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Each time you take control of a site, you may discard a Free Peoples possession or ally.
Through fire and thieving, little was left after the wild men raided but ash and tears.

[3] Dunlending Horseman [Dunland]
Minion • Man
This minion is strength +1 for each mounted minion you can spot.
"The horsemen and wolfriders fell on the horse-herds...and slew or dispersed them."

[4] Dunlending Marauder [Dunland]
Minion • Man
While you control a site, this minion is fierce.
At the start of the assignment phase, if this minion is fierce, make it lose fierce until the regroup phase to make another [Dunland] Man strength +3 until the regroup phase.
"...wild men were hurrying southward from the Fords of Isen and seemed to be making for Helm's Deep."

[2] Dunlending Pilferer [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Shadow: If stacked on a site you control, play this minion to discard a Free Peoples possession.
The wild men relied on sheer numbers to overwhelm their better-equipped opponents.

[3] Dunlending Plunderer [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may discard a Free Peoples possession for each site you control.
"‘Not in half a thousand years have they forgotten their grievance that the lords of Gondor gave the Mark to Eorl the Young and made alliance with him.'"

[4] Dunlending Raider [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Shadow: If stacked on a site you control, play this minion; its twilight cost is -1 for each site you control.
Each village that fell seemed to make the wild men fiercer and bolder in their march across the Westfold.

[3] Dunlending Ravisher [Dunland]
Minion • Man
This minion is strength +2 for each site you control.
"‘Now the wildmen are moving through the Westfold, burning as they go....'"

[2] Dunlending Rider [Dunland]
Minion • Man
When this minion is played, you may play a [Dunland] mount from your draw deck.
"In its van were some Dunlending-horsemen...."

[2] Dunlending Rover [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Regroup: Spot another [Dunland] or [Isengard] minion and discard this minion to take control of a site.
"‘This was a rich vale and had many homesteads....'"

[2] Dunlending Spoiler [Dunland]
Minion • Man
At the start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may discard a weapon borne by a companion or ally in that skirmish. That character may exert to prevent this.
"‘They had no warning. They were unarmed....'"

[2] Dunlending Thief [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may discard a possession borne by a character in that skirmish.
The rampaging wild men destroyed only what they could not first pillage.

[2]Evils and Follies [Dunland]
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a [Dunland] minion.
Each time the Free Peoples player plays a possession or artifact, add a [Dunland] token here.
Each time a [Dunland] minion wins a skirmish, you may remove a [Dunland] token from here to exert an ally or unbound companion.
"‘...they were conquered in their weakness by the wild men.'"

[4]Freca, Leader of the Wild Men [Dunland]
Minion • Man
When you play Freca, you may draw a card for each other [Dunland] minion you can spot.
Regroup: Spot 2 other [Dunland] minions (or Saruman) and discard Freca to take control of a site.
"‘We will fight for you.'"

[1] Hardy and Bold [Dunland]
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a [Dunland] Man strength +1 for each of the following that is true: he is at a mountain, battleground, or plains site; he is skirmishing a wounded character; he is bearing a possession; you control a site.
"In the foothills of the western side of the Misty Mountains lived the remnants of the people that the Rohirrim later called the Dunlendings: a sullen folk, akin to the ancient inhabitants of the White Mountain valleys...."

(0) Hear Their Voices [Dunland]
Event • Skirmish
Make a [Dunland] Man strength +2 and return a possession borne by a character in that Man's skirmish to its owner's hand.
"‘I know that tongue. It is an ancient speech of men, and once was spoken in many western valleys of the Mark.'"

[1] Hides [Dunland] (reprint)
Possession • Support Area
When you play this possession, you may draw a card.
Response: If a [Dunland] Man is about to take a wound, remove [2] or discard this possession to prevent that wound.
Only heavy animal skins armored the Dunlendings.

[3] Hillman Attacker [Dunland]
Minion • Man
While skirmishing a Man, this minion is strength +4 and damage +1.
"They had little love for Gondor, though hardy and bold enough...."

[2] Hillman Brigand [Dunland]
Minion • Man
At the start of each skirmish involving this minion, return a possession borne by a character in that skirmish to its owner's hand.
Little remained after a raid by the wild men.

[3] Hillman Elder [Dunland]
Minion • Man
This minion is strength +1 for each site you control.
This minion gains hunter 1 for each plains site you control.
This minion is damage +1 for each dwelling site you control.
Dunland's hatred of Rohan seemed only to grow with each passing generation.

[3] Hillman Pillager [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Each time you take control of a site (except during the Shadow phase), you may discard a Free Peoples condition or Free Peoples possession.
"Thus the Rohirrim earned the hatred of the Dunlendings...."

(0) Hillman Pitchfork [Dunland]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a [Dunland] minion.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to wound a character bearer is skirmishing.
Seemingly every tool and instrument that could be used as a weapon was found in the hands of the Dunlendings.

[4] Hillman Rampager [Dunland]
Minion • Man
When you play this minion at a dwelling, battleground, or plains site, you may spot X other [Dunland] minions to take control of a site, where X is that site's site number.
"‘And there were battalions of Men, too. Many of them carried torches....'"

[3] Hillman Savage [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Assignment: Spot a site you control to assign this minion to an unbound companion bearing less than 3 Free Peoples cards. If this minion loses that skirmish, the Free Peoples player may liberate a site.
"Whenever the Rohirrim were weak or in trouble the Dunlendings renewed their attacks."

[2] Hillman Vagrant [Dunland]
Minion • Man
While this minion is roaming, it is strength +3.
While this minion is at a plains site, it is strength +3.
"Dunland and Dunlending are the names that the Rohirrim gave to them, because they were swarthy and dark-haired...."

[1] Old Hatred [Dunland]
Event • Maneuver
Spot a [Dunland] Man and a site you control to exert an unbound companion (or wound that companion if it is a Man). Then you may exert that [Dunland] Man to take this event back into hand.
"‘They will not give way now for dusk or dawn, until Théoden is taken, or they themselves are slain.'"

[2] Pillaged [Dunland]
Event • Maneuver
Spot X [Dunland] Men (minimum 1) to discard a Free Peoples possession or condition with a twilight cost of X or less.
"...they became openly hostile, raiding the herds and studs of the Rohirrim in Westfold."

[1] Pillaged Armor [Dunland]
Possession • Armor
Strength +1
Bearer must be a [Dunland] minion.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to heal bearer.
Response: If bearer is about to take any number of wounds, discard this possession to prevent that.
"They were without body-armour, having only among them a few hauberks gained in theft or loot."

[2] Pillaged Steed [Dunland]
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Bearer must be a [Dunland] Man.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each Free Peoples character skirmishing bearer must exert.
Unlike most of their plunder, the Dunlendings did not destroy most of the fine Rohirrim horses they came across, but made them their own.

[1] Razing Torch [Dunland]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a [Dunland] minion. This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, discard this possession to take control of a site.
Fire was perhaps the primary threat the Dunlendings wielded.

[4]Squint-eyed Southerner, Tall and Leering [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Site: 2
While you can spot Saruman or an [Isengard] minion, Squint-eyed Southerner gains the [Isengard] culture.
Response: If a [Dunland] or [Isengard] Man is about to take any number of wounds, exert Squint-eyed Southerner or Saruman to prevent that.
"‘Do you know, they reminded me at once of that Southerner at Bree....'"

[1] Tall and Grim [Dunland]
Event • Skirmish
Make an unbound companion skirmishing a [Dunland] Man strength -2 (or -3 if that companion is a Hobbit or Dwarf).
"‘...I looked on the hillmen and they seemed over large for me....'"

(0) They Will Not Give Way [Dunland]
Event • Skirmish
Spot an Uruk-hai to make a [Dunland] Man strength +3 (and damage +1 if at a battleground or plains site).
"‘But these creatures of Isengard...that the foul craft of Saruman has bred, they will not quail at the sun. And neither will the wild men of the hills.'"

[1]United By Hatred [Dunland]
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot an [Isengard] or [Uruk] minion, each [Dunland] minion is strength +1.
While you can spot a [Raider] or [Men] minion, each [Dunland] minion gains ambush [1].
While you can spot a [Sauron] or [Orc] minion, each [Dunland] minion gains this ability:
"Skirmish: Exert this minion to wound a companion he is skirmishing."
"...hatred remained unappeased in their descendants, causing them to join with any enemies of Númenor...."

[6] Wild Men Rabble [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Damage +1. Fierce. Hunter 1.
To play, spot 2 [Dunland] minions (or Saruman).
"‘...Saruman has armed the wild hillmen and herd-folk of Dunland....We were overmastered.'"

[4]Wulf, Chieftain of Dunland [Dunland]
Minion • Man
Fierce.
Skirmish:
Exert Wulf to make a companion skirmishing a [Dunland] Man strength -2 (or -3 if that companion is a [Rohan] companion).
Each time a [Dunland] Man wins a skirmish, you may remove [2] to heal Wulf.
Each time Wulf wins a fierce skirmish, you may exert him to take control of a site.
"‘The king the king! We will take their king.'"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 12:02:01 PM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

June 22, 2009, 01:13:21 PM
Reply #8

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: The Way Into Mordor Cardlist (1/6: Dunland Added)
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 01:13:21 PM »
ELVES:

[2] A Good Dream [Elven]
Event • Maneuver
Transfer an [Elven] follower from an unbound companion to your support area to heal that companion (and remove a burden or a threat if that companion has resistance 6 or more).
"‘You told me once this day would come.'"

[2] A Greater Power [Elven]
Event
Spell.
Maneuver: Spot Elrond or Galadriel to spot a minion; that minion cannot use special abilities until the regroup phase.
Response: If a Shadow event is played, spot Elrond or Galadriel to cancel that event.
"‘...he had a power over the minds of others. The wise he could persuade, and the smaller folk he could daunt. That power he certainly still keeps. There are not many in Middle-earth that I should say were safe...Elrond, and Galadriel, perhaps, now that his wickedness has been laid bare, but very few others.'"

[2]A Marvel Among the Three Kindreds [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Tale.

[1]A Red Sun Rises [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a minion is killed or discarded, you may exert an Elf hunter (or spot an Elf and 4 hunters) to add an [Elven] token here.
Skirmish: Remove an [Elven] token from here to make a hunter strength +2 or strength -2.
Discard this condition at the start of the fellowship phase.
"‘It is a red dawn. Strange things await us by the eaves of the forest. Good or evil, I do not know; but we are called.'"

[2]Amras, Naith Scout [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.
Response:
If Amras bears a ranged weapon and you play an [Elven] event during the archery phase, exert him to shuffle that event into your draw deck.
Response: If Amras bears a hand weapon and you play an [Elven] event during a skirmish involving him, exert him to shuffle that event into your draw deck.
For centuries he had patrolled the borders of Lothlórien. His fair eyes did him well in the gloom of the Deeping-coomb.

[2]Archers of the Wood [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an [Elven] token here for each Elf archer you can spot.
Archery: Remove X [Elven] tokens from here to make the fellowship archery total +1 (limit +3), where X is the current region number.
"‘We shall need them.'"

[2]Arwen, Lady of Rivendell [Elven]
Follower
Aid – [2].
To play, spot Elrond, Aragorn, or 3 Elves.
Each time you transfer Arwen to a companion bearing an [Elven] tale or [Elven] artifact, you may heal bearer.
Each minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1 for each wound on that minion.
"‘There is still hope.'"

[2]Arwen's Choice [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Fellowship: Exert Aragorn to play Arwen from your discard pile; Arwen's twilight cost is -1.
Maneuver: Discard Arwen to take Gift of the Evenstar into hand from your draw deck or discard pile.
Skirmish: Discard Arwen or Gift of the Evenstar to make Aragorn or Arwen strength +3.
"‘I have made my choice....'"

[2]Belurion, Gallant Fighter [Elven]
Companion • Elf
While Belurion bears a hand weapon, he gains hunter 2 and is damage +1.
Rare among his kind, Belurion was known more for his prowess with the sword than with the bow.

[2]Blade of the Golden Wood [Elven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be an Elf. When you play this weapon, exert bearer or add a threat.
If bearer is exhausted, he or she is damage +1.
If bearer is Haldir, he is enduring.

[1] Bow of Lórien [Elven]
Strength +1
Bearer must be an unbound Elf.
At the end of each archery phase, if bearer has resistance 4 or more, you may exert bearer to exert an unwounded minion (or exert any minion if bearer is an archer).
"‘Hado ribed!'"

[1]Bow of the Galadhrim, Great Bow of Lórien [Elven]
Strength +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
While the fellowship is at a battleground, forest, or plains site, Legolas gains hunter 1.
Each time another hunter companion wins a skirmish, you may exert Legolas to wound a minion in that skirmish.
"Legolas sat above on the parapet, fingering his bow, and peering out into the gloom."

[1] Brooch of Lórien [Elven]
Possession • Brooch
Resistance +1
To play, spot an Elf. Bearer must be a companion.
Response: If another possession or artifact borne by bearer is about to be discarded, add [1] and discard this possession to prevent that.
"It looked like the new-opened leaf of a beech-tree, fair and strange...."

[1] Dago Hon! [Elven]
Event • Archery
Exert an Elf archer to reinforce or remove 2 culture tokens; he or she does not add to the fellowship archery total.
"‘Bring him down, Legolas!'"

[5] Dark For Archery [Elven]
Event • Archery
Toil 2.
Spot X Elf archers and make the fellowship archery total -X (to a minimum of 0) to discard X Shadow possessions or machines.
"‘But we have taught them not to carry torches.'"

[4]Elrond, Lord of Imladris [Elven]
Follower
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Aid – [2].
When you play Elrond, you may take an [Elven] companion, [Elven] follower, or [Elven] tale into hand from your draw deck.
While bearing Elrond, bearer gains the Elrond signet.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may heal a companion bearing an [Elven] follower or [Elven] tale.
"‘An alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together....'"

[2]Elvarion, Naith Marksman [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. To play, spot an Elf.
At the start of the archery phase, you may remove an [Elven] token to make Elvarion an archer until the regroup phase.
Long a scout and hunter in Lothlórien and under the gloomy canopy of Mirkwood, Elvarion had little problem finding targets in the stormy darkness of the Deeping-coomb.

[1] Elven Bow [Elven] (reprint)
Bearer must be an Elf.
Bearer is an archer.
"‘Hado i philinn!'"

[4]Elven Council [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Tale. When you play this condition, add an [Elven] token here for each of the following you can spot: Elrond, Galadriel, Celeborn, Arwen.
Fellowship: Remove an [Elven] token from here to examine the top X cards of your draw deck, where X is the number of [Elven] tokens remaining here.
Maneuver: Remove an [Elven] token from here to heal a companion with the Elrond signet or bearing an [Elven] card.
Regroup: Remove an [Elven] token from here to reinforce another [Elven] token.

[1] Faeg i-varv [Elven]
Event • Skirmish
Make a minion skirmishing an Elf strength -2 (and exert that minion if you can spot Gimli).
"‘Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?'"

[2]Faithful Companion [Elven]
Condition
Resistance +1
Tale. Bearer must be an Elf.
Each time bearer wins a fierce skirmish, you may heal a non-Elf companion.
Regroup: Discard this condition to heal bearer (twice if at a battleground or forest site).
"‘Yet you comfort me. Where you go, I will go. But keep your bow ready to hand, and I will keep my axe loose in my belt.'"

[1] Feathered [Elven] (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Make a minion skirmishing an Elf strength -2 for each wound on that minion.
Elven swords found the same targets as their arrows.

(0) Feel The Tenseness [Elven]
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 hunters and exert an Elf hunter to reveal an opponent's hand. That opponent must remove [1] or a threat for each Shadow card revealed.
"He stood under the eaves of the forest, stooping forward, as if he were listening, and peering with wide eyes into the shadows."

[3]Feleandier, Naith Commander [Elven]
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Skirmish: Remove an [Elven] token to make a minion skirmishing an unbound Elf strength -1 (or -2 if that Elf has resistance 6 or more).
An experienced swordsman and Haldir's lieutentant at Helm's Deep, Feleandier led the heroic charge on the invading Uruk-hai after the wall was breached.

(0) Fighting Knife [Elven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Elf. This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Each wounded minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1 (or -2 if exhausted).
"Then Legolas gave into his hand his silver-hafted knife...."

[3]Galadriel, Lady in the Golden Wood [Elven]
Follower
Resistance +1
Aid – [2].
To play, spot 2 Elves (or an [Elven] follower).
When you play Galadriel, you may play an [Elven] possession or [Elven] artifact from your draw deck.
Each time you transfer Galadriel to a companion bearing an [Elven] tale or [Elven] artifact, you may draw a card. If that card is an [Elven] card, you may reveal it to reinforce or remove a culture token.
"‘Do we leave Middle-Earth to its fate? Do we let them stand alone?'"

[2]Gift of the Evenstar, Symbol of Trust [Elven]
Artifact • Pendant
Resistance +1
To play, spot Arwen. Bearer must be Aragorn.
Each time an [Elven] follower is transferred to Aragorn, you may remove [1] (or [2] if that follower is Arwen or Elrond).
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may exert Arwen (or transfer her to your support area if Arwen is a follower) to heal Aragorn or another Elf.
"‘Ae ú-esteliach nad...estelio han. Estelio ammen.'"

[2]Githramir, Naith Veteran [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. To play, spot an Elf.
Githramir is strength +1 for each of the following that is true: he is at a battleground, he is at a forest site, he is bearing a hand weapon, he is skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai.
Githramir had spent many centuries guarding the forests of Lothlórien from goblins and orcs, and his experience was evident in Helm's Deep.

[2]Haldir, Warrior of Lórien [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1. To play, spot an [Elven] companion.
Archery or Skirmish: Exert an Elf archer and add a threat to wound an Orc or Uruk-hai.
Haldir rallied two hundred of the elves of Lothlórien to join him, and together they marched, bearing the banners of their Lady Galadriel and the blessing of Elrond of Imladris.

[2] Herio! [Elven]
Event • Skirmish
Exert any number of Elves. Each Elf you exert is strength +1 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
"Their spears and swords shone in the gloom with a gleam of chill flame, so deadly was the wrath of the hands that held them."

[2] His Bow Was Bent [Elven]
Event • Archery
Exert an Elf archer to wound a minion and prevent that minion from using special abilities until the regroup phase. Any Shadow player may make the fellowship archery total +2 to prevent this.
"...he peered out now, ready to shoot the first Orc that should dare to approach the stair."

(0) Horn of the Galadhrim [Elven]
Possession • Horn
Bearer must be an unbound Elf.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and discard a card from hand to make a minion skirmishing an unbound companion strength -1 (or -2 if the discarded card is an Elf or [Elven] follower) until the regroup phase.
"‘That is no orc horn....'"

[2]I Have Done Better [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a minion is killed or discarded in a skirmish involving an Elf, you may add an [Elven] token here.
Archery: Exert an Elf, discard this condition, and add [X] to make a Shadow player assign X wounds to minions (limit 4), where X is the number of [Elven] tokens here.
"‘...I make my tale twenty at the least. But that is only a few leaves in a forest.'"

[2] Knife-work [Elven]
Event • Skirmish
Make an Elf bearing a hand weapon strength +3 (or +5 if bearing 2 hand weapons).
"The elf was whetting his long knife....the attempt to break in through the culvert had been foiled."

[2]Lamalas, Naith Sentry [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1.
Lamalas is strength +1 for each [Elven] condition that has a culture token on it.
Lamalas had long stood watch atop the flets of Caras Galadhon before finding himself standing atop the Deeping Wall, watching for the Uruks' approach.

[2]Legolas, From Distant Mirkwood (G)
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.
Legolas may be spotted as an [Elven] companion.
While you can spot Aragorn and Gimli, Legolas gains hunter 1.
Each time Legolas wins a skirmish, you may exert him to make a minion skirmishing a hunter companion strength -1 for each hunter companion you can spot (limit -3) until the regroup phase.
"‘He stands not alone,' said Legolas, bending his bow and fitting an arrow with hands that moved quicker than sight. ‘You would die before your stroke fell.'"

[2]Legolas, Hopeful and Fair [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Valiant. Hunter 1.
At the start of each archery phase, you may remove an [Elven] or (G) token to exert a minion.
Each time Legolas wins a fierce skirmish, you may remove or reinforce a culture token.
"‘It is not mist or cloud that defeats my eyes: there is a veiling shadow that some power lays upon the land, and it marches slowly down stream.'"

[1]Legolas' Pauldrons [Rohan]
Possession • Armor
Strength +1
To play, spot a [Rohan] Man. Bearer must be a Man or an Elf.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may discard a card from hand to make bearer take no more than 1 wound during that skirmish.
Response: If bearer is Legolas and he is about to take a wound in a skirmish, discard this possession to prevent all wounds to him until the regroup phase.

[3] Light Feet Run Swiftly [Elven]
Event • Response
If the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, spot an Elf hunter to heal each hunter companion.
"They went in single file, running like hounds on a strong scent, and an eager light was in their eyes."

[2]Líndal, Naith Archer [Elven]
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Archery: Exert Líndal and remove an [Elven] token to make the fellowship archery total +1.
He had spent many long years hunting and patrolling the forests of the Golden Wood and was one of the most renowned archers in a race already known for their skill with the bow.

[1]Long-knives of Legolas, The White Knives [Elven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
While the Shadow has initiative or you can spot 2 threats, Legolas is damage +1.
"‘But my count is now two dozen. It has been knife-work up here.'"

[1]Mae Govannen [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Play an Elf or [Elven] follower to heal a companion and remove a threat.
"‘You are most welcome.'"

(0) Man Cenich? [Elven]
Event • Maneuver
Exert an Elf (or spot Aragorn and an Elf) to reveal the top X cards of your draw deck, where X is the number of Free Peoples mounts you can spot. You may reinforce a culture token for each Free Peoples card revealed.
"‘I've heard of the magic of Elves, but I did not look for it in a Ranger from the North. You speak as one of their own.'"

[2]Melisilion, Naith Bowman [Elven]
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Archery: If Melisilion bears an [Elven] ranged weapon, exert him and discard a card from hand to wound an Orc or Uruk-hai; he does not add to the fellowship archery total.
Skirmish: If Melisilion bears an [Elven] hand weapon, exert him and discard a card from hand to wound a minion he is skirmishing.
Melisilion was efficient with blade and bow.

[1] Naith Armor [Elven]
Possession • Armor
Each minion skirmishing bearer loses all strength and damage bonuses from possessions and artifacts.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to discard a Shadow card borne by a character in bearer's skirmish.
The elegant design was made more for agility and deflection of weapons than beauty, perfected over many centuries of warfare with Sauron's forces.

[2] Naith Guardian [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. Berserker 1. (This character is strength +1 for each wound on each character in its skirmish.) To play, spot an Elf.
Each time this companion wins a fierce skirmish, you may heal an unbound companion with resistance 5 or more.
"‘But there are some of us still who go abroad for the gathering of news and the watching of our enemies....'"

[1] Naith Sword [Elven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Skirmish: Exert bearer or add a threat to make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -1.
Their long, curved blades gave the Galadhrim warriors a devastating advantage in close combat.

[2] Naith Warrior [Elven]
Companion • Elf
This companion gains hunter 1 for each weapon he bears.
"‘Yet so little faith and trust do we find now in the world beyond Lothlórien...our hands are more often upon the bowstring than upon the harp.'"

[2]Noldorian Legacy [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Each time Gil-galad wins a skirmish, make a minion assigned to an [Elven] or [Gondor] companion strength -2 until the regroup phase.
Each time Elrond (or a character bearing Elrond) wins a skirmish, heal an Elf.
Each time Arwen (or a character bearing Arwen) wins a skirmish, draw a card. If that card is an [Elven] card, you may exert a minion.

[1] Old Allegiance [Elven]
Condition
Tale. Bearer must be a Man companion. Bearer may not bear another [Elven] tale. Limit 1 per bearer.
Each minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1 for each [Elven] companion you can spot (limit -3).
"‘We are proud to fight alongside men once more.'"

[1]Orolonn, Young Swordsman [Elven]
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
The twilight cost of each hand weapon played on Orolonn is -1.
He and his brother Ordulus both fought with skill far beyond their years on the Deeping Wall.

[1]Scoring Game [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Each time a minion is killed or discarded in a skirmish involving Legolas (or as a result of Legolas' archery ability), you may add an [Elven] token here.
While the number of tokens here and the number of tokens on Counting Game are each X, Gimli is strength +X (limit +5).
"‘I desired to tell Master Gimli that my tale is now thirty-nine.'"

[2] Seek Some Arrows [Elven]
Event • Archery
Spot X Elf archers and make the fellowship archery -X (to a minimum of 0) to reinforce X [Elven] tokens.
"‘Two? I have done better, though now I must grope for spent arrows; all mine are gone.'"

[1]Silent Ones [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
Stealth. To play, spot an Elf.
While you can spot more hunter companions than minions, the twilight cost of each Shadow event is +1.
Skirmish: Discard this condition and exert an Elf hunter companion to cancel a skirmish involving that companion.
"‘Have you sprung out of the grass? How did you escape our sight? Are you elvish folk?'"

(0) Stands Not Alone [Elven]
Event • Skirmish
Exert an unbound Elf to make another unbound companion strength +1 for each of the following that is true: that unbound companion is a hunter; that Elf is a hunter; that Elf bears a weapon; that Elf is not assigned to a skirmish.
Legolas' bow quickly joined the weapons of the other members of the Fellowship when raised in battle.

[1] Still Hope [Elven]
Event • Response
If a burden or wound is about to be added by a Shadow card, spot Arwen or Elrond to prevent that. Then you may discard 2 cards from hand to shuffle this event into your draw deck.
"‘This is not the end...it is the beginning.'"

[1] Stille Nú [Elven]
Event • Fellowship
Exert an Elf companion (or Aragorn) to play a mount from your draw deck.
"...Arod was tame and willing beneath him, moving here and there with but a spoken word: such was the elvish way with all good beasts."

[3] Strangest Riddle [Elven]
Event • Regroup
Spot an Elf and a non-Elf companion in your discard pile to reconcile your hand.
"‘After that, I suppose, he turned his arms into wings and flew away singing into the trees. It should be easy to find him: we only need wings ourselves!'"

[2]Tathar, Naith Swordsman [Elven]
Companion • Elf
Tathar is strength +1 for each weapon he bears.
A weaponsmith in the Golden Wood, Tathar was partially responsible for arming his fellow warriors before their march to faraway Helm's Deep.

[1] The Green Smell [Elven]
Event • Fellowship
If the fellowship is at a forest, river, or plains site, heal an Elf hunter. Then you may add [2] to place this event on top of your draw deck.
"Legolas took a deep breath, like one that drinks a great draught after long thirst in barren places."

[2] The Hunt Is Over [Elven]
Event • Skirmish
Make an Elf companion strength +1 for each hunter you can spot.
"‘We were the hunters, and you should give an account of yourselves to us first.'"

[1] The Lady's Comfort [Elven]
Condition
Tale. To play, spot 2 [Elven] followers (or Galadriel). Bearer must be an unbound Elf companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
While at a sanctuary, forest, or river site, bearer gains hunter 1 and is resistance +1.
"‘Legolas Greenleaf long under tree / In joy thou hast lived. Beware of the Sea! / If thou hearest the cry of the gull on the shore, / Thy heart shall then rest in the forest no more.'"

[1] The Lady's Greeting [Elven]
Condition
Tale. To play, spot 2 [Elven] followers (or Galadriel). Bearer must be a Dwarf. Limit 1 per bearer.
If bearer is Gimli, he is resistance +1 (and strength +1 if at a forest or river site).
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may draw a card (or 2 cards if bearer is a hunter).
"‘Lock-bearer, wherever thou goest my thought goes with thee. But have a care to lay thine axe to the right tree!'"

[1] The Lady's Message [Elven]
Condition
Tale. To play, spot 2 [Elven] followers (or Galadriel). Bearer must be a ranger. Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer gains hunter 1.
The site number of each minion skirmishing bearer is +1 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
"‘Where now are the Dúnedain, Elessar, Elessar? / Why do thy kinsfolk wander afar? /  Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, / And the Grey Company ride from the North.'"

[1] Tireless and Swift [Elven]
Event • Maneuver
Spot a hunter Elf companion and a hunter Man companion to return a wounded minion to its owner's hand.
"‘Light feet may run swiftly here. More swiftly, maybe, than iron-shod Orcs. Now we have a chance to lessen their lead!'"

(0) Ú-moe Edaved [Elven]
Event • Skirmish
Exert a non-Elf companion to make an Elf strength +3 and resistance +2.
"‘Forgive me. I was wrong to despair.'"

[2]Warriors of Old [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Elves.
Each time you play a possession on your Elf, you may add an [Elven] token here.
Skirmish: Remove 2 [Elven] tokens from here to make a companion bearing an [Elven] weapon gain berserker 1.
Armed and armored as they had not been since the latter wars of the Second Age, the Naith warriors at Helm's Deep harkened back to the very height of the age of Elves in Middle-earth.

[1] Weapons of Lothlórien [Elven] (reprint)
Event • Archery
Spot an [Elven] archer and add a threat to wound a minion (or add 3 threats to exert 3 minions).
"‘Leithio i philinn!'"

[2] Your Friends Are With You [Elven]
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Legolas, an [Elven] follower, or 2 Elves.
When you play this condition, you may add an [Elven] token here for each non-Elf companion you can spot.
Skirmish: Discard this condition or remove an [Elven] token from here to make a minion skirmishing an unbound companion strength -1.
"‘Do we leave Middle-earth to its fate? Do we let them stand alone?'"
Best regards,
Dáin

June 23, 2009, 11:22:13 AM
Reply #9

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: The Way Into Mordor Cardlist (6/22: Elves Added)
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 11:22:13 AM »
SMÉAGOL:

[1]A Sad Story [Shire]
Condition
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Tale. To play, spot a Ring-bound Hobbit. Bearer must be Sméagol.
Maneuver: Exert Sméagol to wound Gollum once for each Ring-bound Hobbit you can spot. Discard this condition.
"‘Cold be heart and hand and bone, cold be travelers far from home....'"

[1] Don't Let Him Have It! [Gollum]
Event • Response
You may add 2 burdens to play this card from your discard pile as if played from hand.
If an opponent plays or replaces a site, exert Sméagol to replace that site with a site from your adventure deck.
"‘No use! Don't take the Precious to Him! He'll eat us all, if He gets it, eat all the world. Keep it, nice master, and be kind to Sméagol.'"

[1] Don't Look At Us! [Gollum]
Event • Skirmish
Spot Sméagol and add a burden to make a minion skirmishing a Ring-bound companion strength -3 (or -4 if that minion is a [Wraith] or [Sauron] minion).
"‘I can't find it. Ach!' He got up and clenched his long hand into a bony fleshless knot, shaking it towards the East. ‘We won't!' he cried. ‘Not for you.'"

(0) Go Away [Gollum]
Event • Maneuver
Maneuver: Spot Sméagol and remove a Shadow culture token (or add a threat) to reinforce a [Gollum] token.
Response: If a [Gollum] Shadow card is played, discard that card.
"‘Leave now and never come back!'"

[1] Guided Well and Truthfully [Gollum]
Event • Fellowship
Stealth.
Spot Sméagol and add a burden to reveal X random cards from an opponent's adventure deck, where X is Sméagol's vitality. For each revealed battleground, discard a card from the top of your draw deck. For each other revealed site, draw a card.
"‘But when we gets closer, we'll see perhaps we'll see then. It won't look nice at all. O no! O no!'"

[1] Hunting [Gollum]
Event • Regroup
Discard Sméagol from play or from hand to heal a companion (twice if that companion is Ring-bound). Then you may add a burden to take this card back into hand.
"‘Your new motto's 'always ready to help'. Could you find anything fit for a hungry hobbit?'"

(0) Is It Tasty? [Gollum]
Exert Sméagol to reveal the top X cards of your draw deck, where X is Sméagol's vitality. Take into hand each revealed [Gollum] card and each revealed card of the Ring-bearer's culture. Place each other card revealed beneath your draw deck.
"‘We are famisshed, yes famisshed we are, precious. What is it they eats? Have they nice fisshes?'"

[1] Marvellous Agility [Gollum]
Event • Skirmish
Stealth. Name a [Gollum] card in your discard pile and remove that card from the game to cancel a skirmish involving Sméagol. If the discarded card was a companion, you may take this event back into hand.
"‘...he gave us the slip by some fox-trick.'"

[1] Master Looks After Us Now [Gollum]
Condition
Resistance +1
To play, spot a non-[Gollum] Ring-bearer. Bearer must be Sméagol.
Response: If Sméagol wins a skirmish, discard this condition to heal a Ring-bound companion and reinforce a token of that companion's culture.
"‘We...we told him to go away! And away he goes, Preciousss!'"

[1] Nice Little Hobbitses [Gollum]
Event • Maneuver or Skirmish
Choose one: If Sméagol is not assigned to a skirmish, discard him to play a Hobbit from your discard pile; or discard a Hobbit that is not assigned to a skirmish to play Sméagol from your discard pile.
"‘We'll be nice to them, very nice, if they'll be nice to us, won't we, yes, yess.'"

[1] Not Far, Not Far [Gollum]
Event • Regroup
Discard Sméagol to remove a burden for each Ring-bound Hobbit you can spot.
"‘But he'll come back, you'll see. The promise will hold yet a while. And he won't leave his Precious, anyway.'"

[4]Of The River Folk [Gollum]
Condition
Resistance +1
Tale. To play, spot a Ring-bound Hobbit. Bearer must be Sméagol.
This condition's twilight cost is -1 for each Ring-bound companion you can spot.
Each time Sméagol wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a [Gollum] or [Shire] token.
"‘You were not so very different from a hobbit once, were you... Sméagol?'"

[2]On The Precious [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a burden is added, you may exert Sméagol to add a [Gollum] token here.
Skirmish: Remove a [Gollum] token from here to make a Ring-bound companion strength +1.
Regroup: Remove a [Gollum] token from here to reinforce another [Gollum] token.
"‘We swears to serve the master of the Preciousss. We swears on... on the Precious!'"

[1] Pitifully Anxious To Please [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Ring-bound companion is about to exert, you may exert Sméagol instead.
Response: If a special ability is used in a skirmish involving a Ring-bound companion, spot Sméagol and discard this condition to cancel all effects of that special ability.
"From that moment a change, which lasted for some time, came over him. He spoke with less hissing and whining, and he spoke to his companions direct, not to his precious self."

[1] Pity and Mercy [Gollum]
Event • Maneuver
Tale. Exert a Ring-bound Hobbit to make Sméagol resistance +3 until the regroup phase, or exert Sméagol to make a Ring-bound Hobbit resistance +3 until the regroup phase.
"‘Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life.'"

(0) Poor Sméagol Is Lost Now [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, add a burden.
Response: If a Ring-bound companion is about to be overwhelmed in a skirmish, exert Sméagol and discard this condition to make that companion strength +4.
Response: If a Ring-bound companion is about to be captured, exert Sméagol and discard this condition to prevent that.
"‘Leave me alone, gollum! You hurt me. O my poor hands, gollum! I, we, I don't want to come back. I can't find it. I am tired. I, we can't find it, gollum, gollum, no, nowhere.'"

[2] Stiffening and Listening [Gollum]
Event • Assignment
Stealth. Exert Sméagol twice to spot a minion; that minion cannot be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase. Any Shadow player may remove 2 burdens or 2 threats to prevent this.
"...his uneasiness grew, and every now and again he stood up to his full height, craning his neck eastward and southward."

(0)Sméagol, Fawning and Would-Be Friendly [Gollum]
Companion
Ring-bound. To play, add a burden.
The Ring-bearer is strength +2 and resistance -2.
While the Ring-bearer is assigned to a skirmish, Sméagol is strength +1 for each other Ring-bound companion you can spot.
"‘Sméagol will swear never, never, to let Him have it. Never! Sméagol will save it. But he must swear on the Precious.'"

(0)Sméagol, Helps Nice Master [Gollum]
Companion
Each time the fellowship is about to move, if the fellowship is at a marsh, river, or underground site, you may exert Sméagol to play the fellowship's next site.
"‘The cold hard lands, / they bites our hands, / they gnaws our feet. / The rocks and stones / are like old bones / all bare of meat. / But stream and pool / is wet and cool: / so nice for feet!'"

(0)Sméagol, Sly Wanderer [Gollum]
Companion
Skirmish: If Sméagol is not assigned to a skirmish, spot 3 Ring-bound companions and discard Sméagol to exhaust a minion.
"‘Follow Sméagol very carefully, and you may go a long way, quite a long way, before He catches you....'"

(0)So Juicy Sweet [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Spot Sméagol and exert a Ring-bound companion to place a card of that companion's culture from hand beneath your draw deck.
"‘The rock and pool, / is nice and cool, / so juicy sweet. / Our only wish, / to catch a fish, / so juicy sweet!'"

(0) So Secret and So Sly [Gollum]
Event • Regroup
Stealth. Play Sméagol from your discard pile to heal each Ring-bound companion. If the fellowship does not move again this turn, add 2 burdens.
"‘...I think he is allured here by a mastering desire, stronger than his caution.'"

[1] Stewed Rabbits [Gollum]
Possession
To play, spot 3 Ring-bound companions (or a Ring-bound Hobbit). Bearer must be Sméagol.
Regroup: Discard this possession to heal a Ring-bound companion.
"‘They are young, they are tender, they are nice. Eat them, eat them!'"

[2] Swift As Shadows [Gollum]
Event • Skirmish
Stealth.
If the fellowship is in region 1 (or at a marsh site), spot Sméagol to cancel a skirmish involving a Ring-bound companion. At any other site, spot Sméagol to make a Ring-bound companion strength +3.
"‘Hurry, hobbitses, hurry! Very lucky we find you.'"

[1] The Passage of the Marshes [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Stealth. Toil 1. To play, spot Sméagol.
The Shadow number of each marsh site is -1.
Maneuver: If the fellowship is at a marsh site, spot 2 Ring-bound companions and discard this condition to discard a minion with strength less than the Ring-bearer's resistance. You may not take any more maneuver actions.
"‘Here! We can get down here. Sméagol went this way once: I went this way, hiding from Orcs.'"

[2]The Taming of Sméagol [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot Frodo.
While Sméagol has resistance 7 or more, each [Gollum] minion is twilight cost +2.
While Sméagol has resistance 5 or more, each time he wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat.
While Sméagol has resistance 2 or less, he may be exerted only by Shadow cards.
"‘Sméagol,' said Gollum suddenly and clearly, opening his eyes wide and staring at Frodo with a strange light. ‘Sméagol will swear on the Precious.'"

(0) To The Gate [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Stealth. To play, spot 2 Ring-bound companions.
Each time the fellowship moves to a marsh or mountain site, spot Sméagol to add a [Gollum] token here.
Each time the fellowship moves to a battleground, remove a [Gollum] token from one of your conditions.
Regroup: Remove a [Gollum] token from here to remove [1].
"The marshes and the desert were behind them. Before them, darkling against a pallid sky, the great mountains reared their threatening heads."

[1] Tricksy Lights [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Stealth. If any number of burdens are about to be added by a Shadow card, discard Sméagol (or exert him if that Shadow card is a twilight card) to prevent that.
Response: If the fellowship moves to a marsh site, discard this condition to play Sméagol from your discard pile.
"‘Don't you heed them! Don't look! Don't follow them!'"

[2]Up To Tricks [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Ring-bound companions.
Each time you play Sméagol, you may remove a threat or reinforce a culture token.
"‘No time to lose. We must go, yes, we must go at once. No time to lose!'"

(0) We Must Go Now? [Gollum]
Event • Response
If the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, spot Sméagol and a Ring-bound Hobbit to take up to 2 stealth cards into hand from your discard pile. Then add a threat for each companion you can spot over 2.
"‘Nice Master! Nice hobbit, come back to poor Sméagol. Good Sméagol comes. Now let's go, go quickly, yes.'"

(0) Where Have You Been To? [Gollum]
Stealth.
Play Sméagol from your discard pile to replace a site in the fellowship's current region with a site from your adventure deck.
"‘Tired he is, thirsty he is, yes thirsty; and he guides them and he searches for paths, and they say sneak, sneak.'"

[1] You Keep Nasty Chips [Gollum]
Event • Response
If a [Shire] card is about to be placed in the discard pile, exert Sméagol to return that card to your hand instead.
"‘Even you couldn't say no to that....'"

GOLLUM:

(0) A Dark Way [Gollum]
Event • Shadow
Spot Gollum (or Sméagol) to add [1] for each [Gollum] character you can spot and replace a site in the fellowship's current region with a mountain or underground site from your adventure deck.
"‘There's a path, and some stairs, and then...a tunnel.'"

[3]A Wicked Creature [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves, spot 4 [Gollum] cards to add X [Gollum] tokens here, where X is the current region number.
Shadow: Exert Gollum and remove a [Gollum] token from here to add a threat.
Regroup: Exert Gollum and remove a [Gollum] token from here to make the Free Peoples player choose to either add a burden or wound a Ring-bound companion.
"‘Not wholly, perhaps, but malice eats it like a canker, and the evil is growing. He will lead you to no good.'"

[2]Black Crawling Shape [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves to the next site, you may remove a threat to return a [Gollum] minion to its owner's hand.
At the end of each of your Shadow phases, if you cannot spot a [Gollum] minion, discard this condition.
"‘Look at him! Like a nasty crawling spider on a wall.'"

[4] Cut Off From Light and Regret [Gollum]
Event • Skirmish
Toil 2.
Spot a [Gollum] minion not assigned to a skirmish to have that minion replace a minion skirmishing a companion.
"...in past days he had bowed and worshipped her, and the darkness of her evil will walked through all the ways of his weariness beside him...."

[1]Dreadful and Perilous [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a [Gollum] minion is played, you may discard a tale or stealth card.
"Its name was Cirith Ungol, a name of dreadful rumour. Aragorn could perhaps have told them that name and its significance: Gandalf would have warned them. But they were alone...."

[2]Evil Marshes [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Gollum (or Sméagol).
Each time the fellowship moves to a marsh, add a burden (or 2 burdens if you can spot Gollum or Sméagol). The Free Peoples player may add 2 threats to prevent this.
"‘Careful now, or hobbits go down to join the dead ones and light little candles of their own....'"

[2] Filthy Little Thieves [Gollum]
Event • Skirmish
Cancel a skirmish involving Gollum to wound the Ring-bearer. The Free Peoples player may make Gollum strength +3 and fierce until the regroup phase to prevent this.
"‘Where are they with my Precious? Curse them! We hates them.'"

[2]Gollum, Brings Nice Food [Gollum]
Minion
When you play Gollum, you may remove X threats (limit 2) to make his twilight cost -X.
Skirmish: Exert Gollum to make a [Gollum] minion strength +1 (or +2 if skirmishing a Ring-bound companion).
"Gollum withdrew himself, and a green glint flickered under his heavy lids. Almost spider-like he looked now, crouched back on his bent limbs, with his protruding eyes."

[2]Gollum, Hungry Villain [Gollum]
Minion
When you play Gollum, you may wound a Ring-bound companion (or exhaust Sméagol). The Free Peoples player may add a burden or 2 threats to prevent this.
While you can spot 2 burdens or 2 threats, Gollum is strength +1 for each Ring-bound companion you can spot.
"‘Sméagol or Gollum, he won't change his habits in a hurry, I'll warrant.'"

[2] More Haste Less Speed [Gollum]
Event • Maneuver
Search.
Discard Gollum to exert each unbound companion. The Free Peoples player may add 2 threats to prevent this.
"‘We musstn't rissk our neck, musst we, precious?'"

(0) More Than Bargained For [Gollum]
Event • Skirmish
Spot Gollum (or exert Sméagol) and remove a threat to make a minion strength +3.
"‘He's much more dangerous than he looks.'"

[2] Our Preciousss [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a burden is added, you may exert Gollum twice to add another burden.
Response: If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, spot Gollum and discard this condition to heal Gollum and, if you cannot spot 5 burdens, add a burden.
"‘Sooo bright. Sooo beautiful....'"

[6]Shelob, Dark Terror of Cirith Ungol [Gollum]
Minion • Spider
Vitality: 8
Site: 8
Enduring. Fierce. Toil 2.
While you can spot threats equal to the number of Ring-bound companions in play, Shelob is damage +1.
Each time Shelob wins a skirmish, you may exert or heal her.
"‘We could let her do it....And then we takes it once they're dead.'"

[2]Torech Ungol [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Each [Gollum] minion at a mountain or underground site gains ambush [2] (or ambush [3] if roaming).
Shadow: If the fellowship is in region 3, play Shelob from your hand or discard pile; her twilight cost is -1 for each threat you can spot. Discard this condition.
"‘But there is some dark terror that dwells in the passes above Minas Morgul.'"

[1] We'll Pay Everyone Back! [Gollum]
Event • Skirmish
Make Gollum strength +2 (or +4 if you can spot Shelob).
"‘...when She throws away the bones and the empty garments, we shall find it, we shall get it, the Precious, a reward for poor Sméagol who brings nice food.'"

[2]Wicked, Tricksy, False [Gollum]
Condition • Support Area
Each time a [Gollum] minion wins a skirmish, add a [Gollum] token here.
Skirmish: Remove a [Gollum] token from here to heal a [Gollum] minion. Limit once per skirmish.
Skirmish: Exert a [Gollum] minion and remove a [Gollum] token from here to exert a companion skirmishing Gollum (or wound that companion if he or she is Ring-bound).
"‘Kill him! Kill him! Kill them both. And then we take the precious and we be the master.'"
Best regards,
Dáin