LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Exalted Bant?  (Read 7930 times)

January 14, 2009, 05:21:22 PM
Read 7930 times

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Exalted Bant?
« on: January 14, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »
Ok, we all know exalted is awesome, but VERY expensive ($)... so, before buying a lot of rafiqs and elspeths and those expensive squires I first wanna know of a good decklist you could recommend me, to plan things up.

Any suggestion of a good exalted deck?
"To ask if Orcs "are" Communists is to me as sensible as asking if Communists are Orcs." - JRR Tolkien, regarding his "allegory".

January 14, 2009, 07:28:27 PM
Reply #1

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: Exalted Bant?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:28:27 PM »
I hate to bust your bubble, but Exalted is not that nice. Exalted has a problem, the way I see it, it contradicts the whole theory of creature decks, since you crowd the table leavig all those guys behind and swinging with only one. Exalted is a game-breaking mechanic in Limited, but in constructed, let me run a quick comparison with my beatdown deck of choice, Kithkin, and another with monoreg Demigod. Exalted deals more damage over the first 2 turns than both those decks. However, its 3rd and 4th turns are weak, with small development, when Kithkin and Monored are picking up (and sometimes shooting ahead). Then, if you get to drop a Battlegrace Angel and start swinging, you are back in the game. However, for the same amount of mana, Kithkin is dropping a Cloudgoat Ranger that WILL probably kill you next turn with or without lifelink, and monored is dropping Demigod FTW. If you want to play smashing and want to play some of those colors, I recommend trying UW Merfolk. I've been trying it, and I like it a lot. Really cheap deck, the most expensive stuff I use is Cryptic Command, but that can be replaced. Other than that, Sygg, River Guide is considered a "semi-junk" rare, Wanderwine Hub is going cheap since merfolk has not seen heavy play lately and Wake Thrasher is all about luck to get a set dirt cheap or overcosted

January 15, 2009, 08:03:22 AM
Reply #2

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 08:03:22 AM »
Actually, though, the mimic thing has been doing pretty well, what was it, Shorecrasher Mimic + drop a Rafiq = win.

The deck also does work well with Stoic Angel/Cryptic Command, because you use Cryptic to tap out, untap your one smasher, and then use that enchantment thing to = a never ending swinging creature that taps all their crits. I played Stoic Angel control, and I didn't run it off of exalted, I ran it off of Vigilant beaters, but conceptually you could use exalted to enforce a perpetual lockdown. Provided you also have the control elements to stop them from getting more crits into play, etc.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

January 15, 2009, 10:20:47 AM
Reply #3

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 10:20:47 AM »
But then the decks get even more expensive, Stoic Angels and Battlegrace Angels.

January 15, 2009, 11:30:15 AM
Reply #4

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 11:30:15 AM »
yea. Ok, nevermind. The idea came because I bought a lot of boosters and I got like 4 sigiled paladin, 2 Knight of the white orchid, and other stuff like oblivion ring, Rhox charger and stuff like that. Anyway, I think I can sell those things. It was just the deckbuilding bug that bite me xD
"To ask if Orcs "are" Communists is to me as sensible as asking if Communists are Orcs." - JRR Tolkien, regarding his "allegory".

January 15, 2009, 12:03:24 PM
Reply #5

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 12:03:24 PM »
But that DOES make a nice deck! Just go weenie!

January 15, 2009, 03:12:48 PM
Reply #6

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 03:12:48 PM »
Hahahaha, thanks xD

but isn't better knight of meadowgrain instead of sigiled paladin? also I got knight-captain of eos and I had some akrasan squires before, is it still Ok?

Thanks anyway man

January 15, 2009, 05:40:34 PM
Reply #7

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 05:40:34 PM »
Meadowgrain IS better, but the keyword to weenie strategies is redundancy. Play both.

January 16, 2009, 07:57:47 AM
Reply #8

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 07:57:47 AM »
Eh...I'd play Knight of the White Orchid and Knight of Meadowgrain over the Sigiled Paladin. And then definitely run Ranger of Eos and a TON of 1-drops.

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

January 16, 2009, 09:05:37 AM
Reply #9

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 09:05:37 AM »
I'll run both. I mean, play light from within... 4/4 first strikers with exalted/lifelink? yeeeah...

also, what do you mean with 1-drops? 1 mana drops or 1 copy drops?

January 16, 2009, 10:51:28 AM
Reply #10

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 10:51:28 AM »
"Drop" always means something you'll drop at the table, so 1-drop means 1-cost cards. 1-OFS would mean one copy. I'd play White Orchid over it anyday, as well, but you have to rememder White Orchid is RARE.

January 17, 2009, 09:42:53 AM
Reply #11

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 09:42:53 AM »
Hey, if you're running Light from Withing, you MUST run Hearthfire Hobgoblin. :D Just FYI. 5/5 double striker w00t.

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks