LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Minions played during skirmish phase  (Read 12229 times)

May 27, 2008, 03:51:00 AM
Reply #15

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Re: Minions played during skirmish phase
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 03:51:00 AM »
NG = Ninja Gollum
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

May 27, 2008, 04:44:12 AM
Reply #16

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 04:44:12 AM »
What is NG?

So I guess you're saying it's better to do more damage in skirmishes than to have multiples, I'm guessing because Gollum can lose (and FP gets bonuses for that usually). Right?

Heh. Gollum lose? Only if you've got a bad deck.

Check this.

Gollum, Threatening Guide
Promise Keeping
Not This Time
Fat One Wants It
Captured By The Ring

Usually, that's 1 3 vitality comp taken down. Throw into the mix...

They Stole It
You're a Liar and a Thief

And suddenly, you're talking major damage. If you still can't pull off a kill, toss in

Treacherous Little Toad

And the wounds start sticking around for a slow painful deck.

That's how NG works. :twisted:

My personal favorite combo is actually using Gollum, Stinker and Gollum, Mad Thing to gain access to a creepy Incited/Frenzied Attack racket. :twisted: Neekerbreekers, Slag Mounds, Courtyar Parapet, tossing in a couple YALAAT and Hidden Even From Her, I've been able to drop up to 5 comps in one turn (Shelob scoring the fifth).

Imagine adding Shotgun Enquea now. Yeah, that's real NG.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 04:47:33 AM by NBarden »
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

May 27, 2008, 03:27:02 PM
Reply #17

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 03:27:02 PM »
So I guess you're saying it's better to do more damage in skirmishes than to have multiples, I'm guessing because Gollum can lose (and FP gets bonuses for that usually). Right?
If you can do more damage in multiple skirmishes, more power to you! More opportunities to trigger Promise Keeping. For my deck two skirmishes is about the limit before things become a bit overstretched.

To give an example: Threatening Guide is generally what I use to skirmish. Let's say against the first 3-vitality companion I remove a threat via Not This Time!, exert with Promise Keeping, and discard 3 via They Stole It to kill him. Threats are triggered, and then a threat is added by Threatening Guide. Next skirmish I repeat this process to score another kill against a 3-vitality companion. At this point I might have just 1-2 cards left in hand, which isn't enough for TSI. So unless Gollum can win using his strength or is assigned to someone exhausted, he'd most likely lose the third skirmish.

Basically since I'm running Hidden Even From Her anyway, either I can win the ADSS skirmish and the first regular skirmish (losing the fierce), or I can win the regular skirmish and the fierce. Maybe with everything set up and a few Slippery as Fishes in play I can win the third one, too. But with deck space as tight as it is, usually ADSS isn't a must-have for me.

To tag onto NBarden's post, you can get crazy mileage out of YaLaaT, especially in combination with Incited. Given the choice I think I'd max out YaLaaT first before using ADSS. Wound someone with YaLaaT, exert with Promise Keeping, then pull YaLaaT back with Incited to wound/exert again! Gollum's reach can extend far beyond just two skirmishes. :twisted:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 03:28:55 PM by Elessar's Socks »