LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Broken Token  (Read 35440 times)

February 05, 2009, 06:54:55 AM
Reply #15

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: Broken Token
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 06:54:55 AM »
Saruman's Power!!!!!! 1 card to kill them all!
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

February 05, 2009, 06:58:09 AM
Reply #16

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 06:58:09 AM »

Indeed my favorite card! But in standard thing get's complicated...

February 05, 2009, 07:13:28 AM
Reply #17

Kralik

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 07:13:28 AM »
But I'm pretty sure you can't spot sites you have in your supportarea that you have controlled in your shadow phase...Sorry

Ah, good point! I thought it said "your support area." Well, then, it makes it a welcome addition to my deck AGAINST site control! :twisted:

Doesn't work against artifacts... one thing I like about Broken Token is that it is impervious to condition discard. Who cares if they are discarded?! Aside from Crashing Cavalry none of them are needed until they are played in regroup. ;D The bane of my deck is of course, Grond, HotU. :P
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 07:24:51 AM by Kralik »

February 05, 2009, 07:46:19 AM
Reply #18

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 07:46:19 AM »
ai, you have tokens on your artifact...evil knievel!
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

February 05, 2009, 08:20:19 AM
Reply #19

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 08:20:19 AM »
sure? --> only expanded, not standard!
ai, you have tokens on your artifact...evil knievel!
ah!

As you can see there is NO WAY to stop those elves... if Gil-Galad were X-listed you could have a little chance... but with him...
no, there is no way... You only need a good elven deck and run... your shadow don't need to kill because no one can kill you... unless your opponent is faster and has got move limit +X and your shadow don't kill him...
reasons for this statement?

1.) Elves are the strongest companions with the highest vitality and the highest resistance
2.) Elves are the companions with the best game text or special ability --> Elven companions are the best companions
3.) They have so much impossible to discard artifacts... (Hobbits got Scouring, o.k.)
4.) you cannot really get rid off elven conditions due to Gil-Galad
5.) They heal more than they can get wounds
6.) They remove threats better than anyone else
7.) They discard conditions better than anyone else (some shadows need those conditons otherwise they do not work)
8.) They are the only fellowship who can play real archery

The Elves were very strong before Gil-Galad High-King of the Noldor or Namarie came out - now THEY ARE broken - the whole culture!

Once got a token on an elven artifact and gil-galad is in play... there is no chance to do anything against it...

But I have got an idea:
Errata:
Namarie:
- must be unique
- At the start of the maneuver phase you may remove TWO token to discard a condition

Gil-Galad, High-King of the Noldor
- Maneuver: ...
- At the start of the regroup phase you may remove TWO token to play a condition from your discard pile

Then it would be balanced and infinite loops could be avoided.
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

February 05, 2009, 08:23:55 AM
Reply #20

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 08:23:55 AM »
Please remind, that the Elves got with Galadriel a very strong ringbearer without set back like Gimli or Faramir, for instance.
Please remind, that the Elves got with Silver Ewer a very, very powerful card in addtion to that strong ringbearer... and reinforce therefere a lot of token!!!
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

February 05, 2009, 08:31:51 AM
Reply #21

Kralik

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »
But I have got an idea:
Errata:
Namarie:
- must be unique
- At the start of the maneuver phase you may remove TWO token to discard a condition

- At the start of the regroup phase you may remove TWO token to play a condition from your discard pile

Neither of those ideas would be too bad, actually. But as it is Gilly already got errata'd by Decipher, so they (in their infinite wisdom) must have decided that he's OK! :P :lol:

February 05, 2009, 08:34:45 AM
Reply #22

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 08:34:45 AM »
You do not need to remind me of the power of the Elves...well I guess bookwise it is only logic to have a strong Elfen-culture.

February 05, 2009, 08:57:52 AM
Reply #23

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 08:57:52 AM »
But I have got an idea:
Errata:
Namarie:
- must be unique

Neither of those ideas would be too bad, actually. But as it is Gilly already got errata'd by Decipher, so they (in their infinite wisdom) must have decided that he's OK! :P :lol:

...in their infinite wisdom...  <:) :fire:

February 05, 2009, 09:07:10 AM
Reply #24

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 09:07:10 AM »
You do not need to remind me of the power of the Elves...well I guess bookwise it is only logic to have a strong Elfen-culture.

yeah... and why not? why should the elves not be strong? - there is actually no reason for it... but:

normally, weaker companions should get a strong ability (like Jarnsmid remove up to 2 burdens or the librian 18C... makes each Gandy men strength +2, etc.)
but what I do not understand is, why do the Elves get such a high strength and in addition to that so strong abilities like Gil-Galad... etc.
well, I don't say that Jarnsmid and Gil-Galad should be at the same level (a poor man vs. a powerful elven high-king)... but I hope that you understand what I mean...
...and in addtion to that... they get such powerful artifacts... right, artifacts and not conditons which can be discarded (though due to gily even this is not possible)... and so on... and further on... etc. the elves are now just to strong... that's it.
...and I also mentioned two things which make it more "balanced"
I mean each - nearly each - culture got very strong cards in the newer sets... but the elves... I remember the European Championship in Berlin 2007
Elven Armaments had no errata, frenzy of arrows had no errata... guess why those very very strong and really broken elves did never lose against archery decks?
I mean... sometimes I thought, it would have been better if Decipher never had made T&D.

February 05, 2009, 09:25:43 AM
Reply #25

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 09:25:43 AM »
you think? I totally agree with you, think of all the artifacts and than the strong Gil Galad, oh wait, let's put Aiglos onto him....hmmm, a 15 strength elf...brrr....

February 05, 2009, 09:39:24 AM
Reply #26

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 09:39:24 AM »
you think? I totally agree with you, think of all the artifacts and than the strong Gil Galad, oh wait, let's put Aiglos onto him....hmmm, a 15 strength elf...brrr....

it's good to see that others also think some way the same...

February 05, 2009, 09:48:05 AM
Reply #27

King89

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
  • your master.
    • nine-walkers 2.0 german
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 09:48:05 AM »
a 15 strength gil-galad doesn't makes me feel frightened, even my elendil is better.
it's more the nasty ability of him and the fact, that he becomes strong as #$&*@!! and not only him: all the other elves too. it isn't funny to see my troll of cirith gorgor with strenth 18+ gets OVERWHELMED by galadriel... and fellas: i'm not talking about the forarmed deck or any other strange strategy in expanded, it's STANDART fomat!  ](*,)

edit: plus removing treats, plus healing, plus conditiondiscard, plus cycling and drawing cards, plus getting everything back and so on....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:10:15 PM by King89 »

February 05, 2009, 11:59:17 AM
Reply #28

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 11:59:17 AM »
 :o ....  :-k ...  [-X ...   [Elven]  :uh-huh:
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

February 05, 2009, 10:11:12 PM
Reply #29

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 10:11:12 PM »
a 15 strength gil-galad doesn't makes me feel frightened, even my elendil is better.
it's more the nasty ability of him and the fact, that he becomes strong as #$&*@!! and not only him: all the other elves too. it isn't funny to see my troll of cirith gorgor with strenth 18+ gets OVERWHELMED by galadriel... and fellas: i'm not talking about the forarmed deck or any other strange strategy in expanded, it's STANDART fomat!  ](*,)

edit: plus removing treats, plus healing, plus conditiondiscard, plus cycling and drawing cards, plus getting everything back and so on....

yesss! that's exactly the point my friend!