LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Attack on Mirkwood  (Read 7845 times)

February 21, 2009, 01:07:33 PM
Read 7845 times

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
The Attack on Mirkwood
« on: February 21, 2009, 01:07:33 PM »
Hundreds of black shapes crawled toward what the thought was a single Elf. Suddenly, a harsh shout came from the forest. Orange fletched arrows swarmed through the air in masses. The black shapes, now identified as orcs, continually fell flat, never to rise again. Twenty elven archers stepped out from behind tree cover. Each elf went to pull arrows from the dead bodies. Two elves, presumably the leaders, conversed in low tones."These attacks are coming more often and in greater numbers each time Wuvnel," one said."I know Velar, but where are they coming from. As they were speaking, one orc jumped up and began to  run. "Velar!"Wuvnel shouted as the orc rushed at him. This lone orc didn't get far. All twenty elves heard a futh, and the orc dropped dead.

A single man stepped from behind a tree. "Greetings elves of Mirkwood," the stranger shouted. Velar observed this man as he approached. Tall, medium size, and young. The one thing Velar noticed about him, was he carried a crossbow, a strange weapon for a man. Wuvnel, Velar and the man exchanged greetings."Who are you," Wuvnel put bluntly."I am Warhelm of Rohan," Warhelm answered cooly."I am Velar and this is Wuvnel, we are lieutenants in Tharundil's Guard.Warhelm nodded. "We must return to Tharundil and report this attack, will you accompany use?" Velar asked."If you will allow me to," was Warhelm's response. Warhelm the emitted a low whistle. Immediately, a black coated horse appeared.This is my mount, Storm," Warhelm said proudly,"Let us be on our way then.

The company of twenty-one, travelled towards Tharundil's Court, when suddenly, Wuvnel halted them."What is it, what do you see?" Warhelm asked. Wuvnel responded with one word."Easterlings," he whispered.

"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

February 21, 2009, 07:07:08 PM
Reply #1

ElvenSpearman21

• Information Offline
  • Orc
  • Elven Spearmen scythed down Mordor Orcs.
Re: The Attack on Mirkwood
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 07:07:08 PM »
Eron's company marched slowly through the forest.  Easterlings were trained to be ready for anything, but they weren't expecting an ambush. Arrows flodded in from all sides."Wall,"Eron shouted. Pavises bourne by Easterling warriors immediatly manuvered their shields to the correct position. Through a crack between two shieds, Eron was able to see elves peeking out from behind trees, and a Rohan man on horseback holding a crossbow st the ready."Great," Eron muttered beneath his breath," just what we need, a standoff."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 07:56:55 PM by ElvenSpearman21 »
With deadly precision, Elven Spearman kept the Orcs at bay.

February 21, 2009, 11:40:15 PM
Reply #2

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:40:15 PM »
"A standoff" though Sirius "With elves no less, when Gandalf recruited me this was not what I had planned." Sirius slipped through the crowded bodies until he found the Lieutenant, Eron, "Lieutenant," he said sharply, I'll take a company out to flank the elves and drive them from the trees where the bowmen can pick them off." Eron consented and soon Sirius found himself creeping through the trees behind the elves glancing around at his men he purposely stepped on a branch then flattened himself on the ground as arrows whistled above him. Soon elves were coming over to retrieve the arrows, Sirius jumped up and before the elves could take aim he yelled "I bring news for the bearer of Nenya!" This stopped the elves dead in their tracks, that an easterling should know the name of an elven ring.
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

February 24, 2009, 05:51:44 PM
Reply #3

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 05:51:44 PM »
 Warhelm was wary as the Elves returned with an Easterling."What is he doing here?" Warhelm asked."This is Sirus,. one of Gandalf's spies," was Wuvnel's reply. Warhelm nodded and put his crossbow on his back."Well, we can't go to Thranduil untill the raiders are dead, Any suggestions?" Warhelm stated."Well, there is one way," Sirius started."Easterlings have only one weakness, they have no armor on their back. We need to keep them busy up front while sending flankers to the rear," Sirius finished."Telar, give me your four best Archers," Warhelm commanded."Wuvnel and I will take them around back." In no time Warhelm and Wuvnel, accompanied by four elven warriors, had the backs of the Easterlings in sight and were ready to fire.
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

February 24, 2009, 06:03:33 PM
Reply #4

ElvenSpearman21

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 06:03:33 PM »
 Vernos was watching. One man and five elves were preparing to open fire, when magic happened. No literally, magic happened. A man clad in green stepped from the tree line and raised his staff. Three violet colored bolts flew from his staff toward the Easterlings. Vernos observed with awe, that the three raiders stuck by the bolts were instantly pulverized. Then, the elves opened fire. The easterling had no idea Wat was happening. Arrows flew from the elves at the front and the elves that were flanking them. To make matters worse for them, this sorcerer was unleashing another spell.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:26:00 PM by ElvenSpearman21 »

March 08, 2009, 07:24:20 PM
Reply #5

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 07:24:20 PM »
"Intensity," Nara whispered. A long, bright stream of light came from Nara's staff. This light was so bright, that the easterling's immediately dropped their pavises and polarms. The elves immediately increased the number of arrows they shot. With his strength giving out, Nara finally halted the spell. The Raiders finally regrouped and charged polearms extended at the vanguard of elves."Great," Nara muttered.

May 09, 2009, 06:51:32 PM
Reply #6

ElvenSpearman21

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 06:51:32 PM »
Vernos moved silently from tree to tree, the elven archers were valiantly holding of the Easterling's charge. however, the front line of Easterling Bladesmasters were begining to creep forward slowly. When suddenly, Then 6 Archers at the rear began to open fire.

Eron was frusterated. The flanking company didn't work, for all he knew, they could be dead. He was continually frusterad by the Accuracy of the archers.

May 09, 2009, 07:03:45 PM
Reply #7

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »
 Warhelm froze. A white fletched arrow flew pat his right shoulder. He turned around to see another company of Elfs arrive. The combined fire power finnally slew all the Easterling's except three that had ran away.

"Velar!" a voice shouted out," Tharanduil requests your presence at his council." "Scaro," Velar responded, "Nice to see you again." Warhelm stood by as the three elves had a lengthy discussion in Elvish, not understanding a word they said. Wuvnel turned to him. "Warhelm, we must attend a council of the court of Tharanduil, will you join us?" "Certainly," was his response.

May 12, 2009, 07:44:06 AM
Reply #8

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 07:44:06 AM »
Word passes quickly and soon Sirius found that a council was being held at the court of Thranduil. He needed to pass his message on but unless he returned to the easterling base soon they would not believe his excuses; so he made a decision. He decided to go to the council and speak immediately before leaving, "Hopefully they won't have any more life threatening intelligence missions again. I may have signed up as a spy but that doesn't mean I have to stick my neck out on a daily basis!"
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

June 18, 2009, 05:31:21 PM
Reply #9

Elendil!Urukfear

• Information Offline
  • Villager
  • Aragorn, son of Arathorn. High King of Gondor
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 05:31:21 PM »
Not far from the site a skirmish was being fought. Rahlein and other freed slaves of the East were fighting their way out of an ambush. they caught completely off guard by the rampaging Easterlings and could do nothing but stand and fight. It was a quick battle but a costly one none the less. as the chorus of clanging metal died, Rahlein glanced around, not surprised at what he saw. the runnaway slaves had countered the onslaught seemingly without trying. This was the third ambush that they had been forced to deal with and the contest was decided through pure strength of numbers.
"Captain, two of them got away."
"Leave them be, we have not strength to hunt them down. Besides, theres no way that their leaders have been ignorant of our presence here. what else to report."
"Six casualties on our side sire, they lost 8."
"Very well, you're dismissed."
The once poor farmer strode off and left Rahlein to his thoughts. Rahlein was worried, and the emotions showed on his face. He did not want to discourage his men so he walked over towards a pine tree a fair distance from where the escapees where setting up camp. How could I let this happen to them. He thought how can I undo the pain that they all suffer endlessly
He contemplated the situation long hours into the night. When he could not sleep he went to relieve the current sentry for the night, still trying to find a way to solve the villager's disposition.
Time
What know we of this despondent thing
No sign no sound no tranquil ring
We try to tell its quantity
yet fail to see the point
Only one can know of it
to this eternal joint
We have not power in Use
To hold this creature bay
But only wait for it to change
Inside the soul of it we lay

February 02, 2010, 06:23:28 PM
Reply #10

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 06:23:28 PM »
 "Friends, Allies, I speak to you under grave circumstances. We are being invaded be Easterlings, more arrive everyday. We cannot look to Gondor for help, nor Rohan, nor Rivendell. Our own forces a thinly spread attempting to repel the invader. What would you have me do?

It was Velar who finally spoke up, "Oh King Tharunduil, what you say is all to true. We cannot look to men for aid, and or kin in Rivendell have their own matters to attend to. No, we cannot look for the aid of others, we must look to ourselves for the solution to this problem. I have consulted with Wuvnel and Scaro, and we have agreed to a course of action. Of course, only with the King's consent."

"At this point loyal Velar, I would be willing to listen to anything," was the King's response.

"Allow Wuvnel, Scaro, and I to take two companies of elven warriors and two companies of Elven archers to our eastern border. There, Wuvnel and I shall shoot invading easterlings, while Scaro and or friend from Rohan (Warhelm) engage them in hand-to- hand combat." Velar sat down in his chair while Tharanduil considered his proposition.

"With your permission High King, my companion would like to accompany this crusade."

The entire council of Tharanduil turned to behold an ancient Elf with white hair, clad in Elven armor and leaning on an Elven Spear. He also had a Blade of Lindon strapped across his back. Standing Tall and proud beside the Elf, stood a man clad in a simple forest green tunic and cloak. He had in his hand a staff made completely of wood, but with a strage metal circle on the top.

"Vernos! Nara! I was hoping the two of would would arrive soon," was the Kings excited response, "Yes, I would very much appreciate if the two of you would accompany my young Lieutenants. You shall all rest the night, for tomorrow, you shall leave to protect our border. Sleep well."