LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Player's Committee.....  (Read 27165 times)

March 11, 2009, 02:01:53 PM
Reply #60

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
Re: Player's Committee.....
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2009, 02:01:53 PM »
What does it matter if there are 50 people giving out ideas (I guarantee it won't even be half that)? Just because more people have opinions does not mean that they should be ignored.

Its not about ignoring ideas or secrecy. Its about providing a united front when things are released and developing an idea without alienating the general play group. We don't want there to be different bickering camps -- I've seen it in Star Wars. It creates a hostile environment, nothing gets done, and the product (ie v cards) suffer as a result. You lose more players in this situation. In fact if the whole community was contributing, voting on, and making each and every v-card most ideas and proposals would HAVE to be ignored, passed over, or tacitly acknowledged. You will be offending a lot more people like that and creating a schism in our playing group. Private PC forums allows for the arguments and development to safely evolve without any threat to the community on the whole.

Part of the great aspect of card game expansions is the anticipation for new cards. Something must be a surprise. If that process were generally available to the community nothing would be a surprise. Nothing would be agreed upon and the PC would not exist. It might as well be the DC forum here on TLHH.

March 12, 2009, 02:15:53 AM
Reply #61

Smeagollum

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2009, 02:15:53 AM »
I would lead this charge if anyone is willing to follow. 

So would anyone be interested in me heading this up?

Good going Fishfleas! I like to be involved too!

March 12, 2009, 08:43:20 PM
Reply #62

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2009, 08:43:20 PM »
We need a founder, a bursar (fees, prizesupport...) and a secretary, who mails any news to the heads of each country, who mail the received news to their members in their language.

Oh - a wrackspurt!
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

March 13, 2009, 03:11:14 AM
Reply #63

Smeagollum

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2009, 03:11:14 AM »
We need a founder, a bursar (fees, prizesupport...) and a secretary, who mails any news to the heads of each country, who mail the received news to their members in their language.

Oh - a wrackspurt!

What do you mean by founder and bursar. It's not quite clear to me...

Suggestions about organization:                                     

Administration:     
1.   Chairman                                                Fishfleas
2.   Secretary                                                Elrohir (to me it seems he speaks at least 4 different languages)
3.   Cashier
4.   Rulings & Referee's:
         a.   Referees
5.   Playdevellopment & design
         a.   Designers
         b.   Developers
         c.   Testers
6.   Marketing (contact (decipher, Weta, Licenseholders), reaching sponsors and new players)
7.   Webhost
         a.   Moderators

I feel for nr 4 or 5 :) I play since the game released FOTR. Played and organized a lot of tournaments. Participated on EC in 2004. Should have played EC 2005 as well, but was just out of hospital at that moment, recovering from getting an artificial hip....   :'(
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 07:28:08 AM by Smeagollum »

March 13, 2009, 03:45:15 AM
Reply #64

King89

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
  • your master.
    • nine-walkers 2.0 german
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2009, 03:45:15 AM »
i would like to be a play tester and one of the "last 2" as well! i'm playing lotr since EoF, which means i made nearly 1000 games and joined about 50 tournaments.

March 13, 2009, 05:47:28 AM
Reply #65

fishfleas

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2009, 05:47:28 AM »
Cool to see you guys jumping in and participating.  I may be toning down a little on my posts, but I am still reading your thoughts.  Go ahead and brainstorm more on the layout of the positions.   You're giving me ideas.  I'm focusing on tracking down people that will be helpful in making this work. 

Thanks for the feedback/ input guys.

I also don't know some of you that well.  If you used to play on SDA with the WWL you should tell me what your Username was.  I might recognize that better.

Thanks everyone.

March 13, 2009, 07:27:03 AM
Reply #66

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2009, 07:27:03 AM »
I suggest:

Chair or Steward (ala Gondor)  :lol:
Vice-Chair (or Vice-Steward)

Tournament Advocate -- In charge of Tournies and ratings system.
 Online Play Coordinator -- Works with tournament coordinator, or this could be part of Tourny advocates job, to organize online   tournaments and ratings.
Rules Advocate or Rules Wizard, Giver of Council  :P -- In charge of rules questions and leader of any councils called to resolve serious rules questions: erratas, bans, restrictions, etc. Develops CRD etc.
Players Advocate -- keeps the pulse of the players community. The official go-between from the PC to the players. Reveals the spoilers, runs polls, contests, etc.
International Coordinator -- Works with Tourny and Players Advocates to maintain and coordinate all events and reach out to all players groups.

Background teams and committees:
Graphic design team -- Designs the templates and finishes the V-cards, errata slips, creates the pdf documents for the CRD, rules, etc.
Design Team -- Designs V-Card sets and themes. Hopefully 3 sets a year.
Playtesting Team -- Works with the design team to playtest V-Sets before they are released. Can be done in playgroups or via SdA, gccg, lackey, etc.
Format Committees--probably a committtee for each format, to insure that cards are refreshing each format and that the formats are balanced.

I propose people can have positions and be in committees too, even in more than one. The important part is that work gets done.

March 13, 2009, 07:34:22 AM
Reply #67

Smeagollum

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2009, 07:34:22 AM »
Jerba,, You worked about out, what I was thinking and on the same moment as well :)

Let's combine them, because you covered the most of them!

And your Rules Wizard, Giver of Council should have a council of referees (Knigth's of Gondor? Sounds a bit better then advocate) as well!

All hail Fishfleas, Steward of GondoR !!! ;) :up:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 07:38:47 AM by Smeagollum »

March 13, 2009, 09:09:37 AM
Reply #68

Jerba

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2009, 09:09:37 AM »
Jerba,, You worked about out, what I was thinking and on the same moment as well :)

Let's combine them, because you covered the most of them!

And your Rules Wizard, Giver of Council should have a council of referees (Knigth's of Gondor? Sounds a bit better then advocate) as well!

All hail Fishfleas, Steward of GondoR !!! ;) :up:

Great idea. I think the council of referee's or whatever should consist of the registered tournament directors, lead of course, by the fearless rules wizard. That would be another way in which the players have more direct say in the formats, rules, etc.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:23:13 AM by jerba »

March 13, 2009, 09:25:27 AM
Reply #69

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2009, 09:25:27 AM »

Oh - a wrackspurt!

What do you mean by founder and bursar. It's not quite clear to me...

Suggestions about organization:                                     

Administration:     
1.   Chairman                                                Fishfleas
2.   Secretary                                                Elrohir (to me it seems he speaks at least 4 different languages)
3.   Cashier
4.   Rulings & Referee's:
         a.   Referees
5.   Playdevellopment & design
         a.   Designers
         b.   Developers
         c.   Testers
6.   Marketing (contact (decipher, Weta, Licenseholders), reaching sponsors and new players)
7.   Webhost
         a.   Moderators

I feel for nr 4 or 5 :) I play since the game released FOTR. Played and organized a lot of tournaments. Participated on EC in 2004. Should have played EC 2005 as well, but was just out of hospital at that moment, recovering from getting an artificial hip....   :'(

Who does not speak at least 4 languages?

Well, actually I am quite surprised that there are really some people spending serious thoughts onto this topic...

...I guess, the best would be to foundate a council and vote for the chairman, etc... we need something like a poll...

...we need to get the right people for the right job/position...

Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

March 13, 2009, 10:34:31 AM
Reply #70

fishfleas

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2009, 10:34:31 AM »
Olorin,

Others seem to be in favor of me continuing to head this up. 

I'm already in the process of speaking to players who would provide some valuable assets to the PC.  Some of them are old players that don't really know about this forum.  I've been in contact with 1-2 DAgents, and I plan to contact some more. I spoke with an old D Designer today, who told me he may be interested in helping us do this. So yeah, I may be a little tied up with my search to post much of what I want to do atm.  However, rest assured I am moving forward. My progress in the last couple days has been very encouraging. I've been able to contact more great candidates than I thought I would.   I'll still be looking to have people in this community help too, as you guys are the reason I even came back to this project. 

What could I use from you guys?

Well I dont' know all of you that well, so if you send me a PM with information about you or things you are good at, then that would be a great help.  I'm still looking for a good rules guy.  Bibfortuna was at the top of my list back in the day, but I have no clue if he is even around anymore. 

Keep the discussions hopping, and we will get this off the ground.

Do remember though that even if we do this, the first V set may be a ways off.  It's going to take some time to go through all the stages of development and then testing. 

March 13, 2009, 10:42:46 AM
Reply #71

Smeagollum

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2009, 10:42:46 AM »
Actually, I don't... I just speak 2 languages: Dutch and English

I Understand German, but didn't speak it in 23 years.....

Anyway, It's just that someone takes the lead in this. So, you might be suprised, but just let's get going!!

March 13, 2009, 07:40:23 PM
Reply #72

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2009, 07:40:23 PM »
I'll be a playtester.

March 14, 2009, 07:31:07 PM
Reply #73

fishfleas

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2009, 07:31:07 PM »
Lurtzy,

PLaytesting is something I"m still figuring out the best way to do it.  We'll need people I know I can trust, and people that can voice concerns on issues.  Having players that are EXTREMELY good would really help, but we'll be ultimately be working with what we have.  I can't say yes or no of yet on whether you can be a playtester, because we still have alot of things to work on before we get to that point. However, your request is noted, and it is something we'll definately need some help with. Thanks.

Just dont' get dissapointed if you aren't contacted anytime soon.  We will need to discuss it in the council, and we will probably be making those selections later on in the process. It will most likely be Months before we have anything to playtest.

April 02, 2009, 07:42:10 PM
Reply #74

HawkeyeSPF

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2009, 07:42:10 PM »
I hate to bring this back up, but I recently heard from someone in the know that the reason the original PC never got off the ground was because of New Line Cinema and one Peter Jackson.

If you think they won't shut down anything labeled as a PC as soon as they hear about it, you've got another thing comin'. That said, feel free to get a plan together, but you better be #$&*@! sure it's complete before you submit it to any of the involved parties, and even then, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a positive response.

I think the best bet is just to organize whatever kind of events you want, hosted wherever you want, and advertise the heck out of them anywhere you can. Right here at TLHH seems like a fine place to do that - maybe a new forum would be in order?

So...who's going to run the GenCon Series? ComicCon Series? Essen Spiel Series? Wizard World Series? DragonCon Series? Nobody says we can't organize State and National Championships - with over two month's notice, I don't see why you can't call that tournament in Kansas a State Championship. Running World Championships might be a stretch until more players know about this site, but hey, why not?

Showing an active player base is absolutely the BEST way to demonstrate the need for a PC to those who might otherwise be dubious.

Just a few ideas, take them for what they're worth.