LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: High Powered Resistance (FP)  (Read 3822 times)

August 11, 2008, 02:03:01 PM
Read 3822 times

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
High Powered Resistance (FP)
« on: August 11, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »
I wanted to use that FOIL Watcher at Sarn Ford I got. I came up with something like this:

Ring-Bearer and Ring:
Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
with
The One Ring, Ring of Rings

Companions:
Watcher at Sarn Ford (Starting)
Pippin, Brave Decoy (Starting)
Aragorn, Strider (Starting)
Gandalf, Leader of the Company x4
Elendil, High King of Gondor x4

Possessions/Artifacts:
Anduril, Sword that Was Broken
Narsil, Forged by Telchar
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer
Pippin's Armor
Pippin's Sword
Armor of the White City x4
Ithilien Blade x2
Ranger's Cloak x4

Conditions:
G for Grand x4
Measure of Comfort x4
The Faithful Stone

Events:
Who needs 'em?

Strategy: Abuse Watcher and G for Grand. Glamdring and Measure of Comfort ensures that resistance stays high.

Elendil is also good for resistance, so I threw him in, included Isildur as the RB, and used Armors to avoid the exertions (as well as using Isildur to pump Gorn and Watcher).

I also wanted a token condition to use with Elendil. Why not Faithful Stone? If they play a minion, you can either save the token to stop minions later or use it with Elendil for more resistance.

Since Measure of Comfort requires a Hobbit, I chose Pippin with sword/armor. Cloak obviously adds resistance/vitality...

I think it's fairly self-explanatory. It's at 35 cards, by the way.

Suggestions?
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

August 11, 2008, 02:43:02 PM
Reply #1

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: High Powered Resistance (FP)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 02:43:02 PM »
Thought of healing? Watcher exerts, Anduril might cause an exertion, Narsil dito. Pippin risks exerting, not to mention when Isildur is forced to fight due to for example Bill Ferny or a swarm deck. Faramir could be useful in this deck to keep Watcher unwounded thus doing his trick. Stewards Legacy would be useful in order to keep - for example- Gollum from doing his trick....
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

August 11, 2008, 03:05:49 PM
Reply #2

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 03:05:49 PM »
Maybe switch Strider to Thorongil for that extra 2 strength, and pull with The Prancing Pony. With resistance high up hopefully the burden added won't be too big a deal.

Watch and Wait might be more proactive than Measure of Comfort against burden/corruption decks (with the latter not helping out Ring-bound Isildur), but you do have a cool thing going on with Pippin, so I'm of two minds on this. Points regardless for fitting in his Armor and Sword.

For healing, maybe Much-needed Rest? Spirit of the White Tree can shut or slow down Ninja Gollum, if there are enough copies to get around Her Ladyship.

August 11, 2008, 04:10:52 PM
Reply #3

Anvar

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Tzeentch's Chosen
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 04:10:52 PM »
Much-needed Rest looks perfect for this deck.

I think I would want to run a few more companions in the deck, in case something bad happens to them. Perhaps replace a copy of Elendil with a decent Faramir.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."
-Doctor Who

August 11, 2008, 04:23:50 PM
Reply #4

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 04:23:50 PM »
  If you have only Glamdring to get the burdens out i strongly suggests that you put Scroll of Isildur because, unless i miss something, your resistence boost if for the unbound companions. This way you raise your chances against corruption and have more chance to pump Isildur himself.

Consider to leave space to Sapling of the White Tree which is hard to discard, considerably cheap and can save the neck of your gondor/exerting companions...

For the companions i agree with Elessar Socks: maybe switch Strider for some other Gorn that have a nice gametext and don´t add 1 to the pool every time you move. If you consider that you can use Pippin, Mr. Took in your starting fellowship. His resistence will lower considerably, but with Measure of Comfort this should not be a big problem. This way you can have 3 copies of Gorn, Gandalf and Elendil (it´s good in this deck have extra copies of gorn to clean him from the exertions) to ensure that they will show up early. Mr. Took makes the "two for one deal" preventing you from flooding the pool with your high cost companions... Instead of Strider you can start with Merry, Loyal Companion just to have a "Feel-free-to-go-to-the-dead-pile" companion. He can even resist some skirmishs until the good guys are around... This all if you don´t have big plans to Pippin special hability...

You have a too many copies of some possessions like armor and cloak for my taste, maybe drop one of each if you think this will not mess up your startegy.

Well i just can´t leave to say: Maybe put Faramir in the party!!! Like Gil-Ested say, consider adding Stewards Legacy and Fara if you think there is room for another companion...

I think The Faithful Stone is a little expensive (considering that if your opponent have condition discard he/she will get rid of as soon as he/she can). Maybe Houses of Healing is your way to go cause is cheaper, add more tokens and can be used if you run against mass wounding decks...