LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Powerful Allrounder Deck  (Read 12910 times)

May 30, 2008, 04:30:46 AM
Reply #15

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Re: Powerful Allrounder Deck
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 04:30:46 AM »
Stop spamming in other persons topic....I do not play Fiend, I taught friends a lesson about a certain cards. Gandalf said it once, that when you burn your self the fire goes directly to your heart...you'll never forget it. Ask my friends, they all fear and hate Fiend these days  :hey:So the lesson did well.......

Now you're spamming. I wasn't. I made one comment with constructive criticism in other parts of the post.

I think you should just cut the Gandy, Powerful Guide idea. If you really want to go with it, then run Isildur, Gandy, Leader of Men, Merry, Swordthain and Pippin, WoBaS. Turn 1- Used SftF to nab Gandy + Sent Back and another comp, save Merry's hide by ejecting Pip, then get Merry outta there. Voila. A Gandy, PG out without any wimpy hobbits sucking up your comp count.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

May 30, 2008, 05:25:11 AM
Reply #16

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 05:25:11 AM »
Hi,

@Nbarden: many thanks! I like your idea! I think you understand me: I want a "Powerful" Gandalf but without those hobbits...  ;)

@all: many thanks also for your help. I have already got some ideas and will post my deck as it will stand... but: if there are still some ideas, I am really keen to know them...  :cpunch:
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

June 07, 2008, 09:17:12 AM
Reply #17

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 09:17:12 AM »
Any updates here?
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

July 20, 2008, 05:37:05 AM
Reply #18

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 05:37:05 AM »
here the current version of this fellow - it's combined with a draw shadow (Nazgul + Moving this way):

35 cards

Starting:

Isildur + Gandalf LoM + Pippin WoBaS + Merry Swordthain

Comps:
Grimbeorn x 2
Ghân-buri-Ghân
Erland
Treebeard Enraged Sheperd
Gandalf Powerful Guide
Gandalf Wise Guide
Radagast
Aragorn Thorongil x 2
Ranger of Westernesse

Narsil Forged by Telchar
Anduril Sword that was broken
Beorning Axe x 2
Glamdring Orc Beater

Watch and Wait x2
Sent Back x 2
Stern Words
New authority
Ranger of the North

Pallando
Gwaihir
Elendil's Army

Saved from the fire x 4
Flame of Anor
Terrible and Evil

if you start: with prancing pony you may play Ranger of Westernesse or Thorongil - Ranger of Westernesse you burn with Saved from the fire - take Narsil, Anduril and Aragorn Thorongil - you generate a lot of pool but at site 2 or 3 this shouldn't kill you... then with the shadow you draw with moving this way erverything what is possible... to get the next saved from the fire... burn Gandalf and play Powerful Guide, sent back and... it depends... Grimbeorn? - get rid off the Hobbits... and voilà...  :D

if you are the starting shadow player... just draw as much as you can...

I know there is a huge potential to improve this fellow - so please let me know what you think (hardy garrison, etc. would be great with Erland, Grimbeorn and Powerful Guide...  :hey:)

The [Gandalf] companions are just to burn or to spot for Treebeard... except Grimbeorn - with his Axe he really rocks!

Narsil protect you against Grond, Corsair ships, pale blade, etc.
Anduril helps you against lost in the woods, site control, etc.
Treebeard, Aragorn Thorongil, Gwaihir --> exert minions
(Gandalfs Staff, hardy garrison would also wound - but there is no space for it)

PS: I tested this deck... and it can be really very strong!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 05:44:42 AM by Olorin85 »
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

July 22, 2008, 05:10:20 AM
Reply #19

Anvar

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Tzeentch's Chosen
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 05:10:20 AM »
Ok, a few questions for this decklist.

1] Why start Merry and Pippin? Is it your plan to bounce them to hand and then discard them so you can play different companions instead? Or is it just to play Powerrful Guide? If so, why is there Wise Guide in the deck as well? To me it would seem safer to start a Gondor companion that you could burn to fetch Aragorn plus his stuff. Then remove Wise Guide from the deck.

2] Why play Elendil's Army? It isn't a bad card, but it doesn't seem to do that much.

3] Switch Orc Beater for Foe Hammer. I don't think discarding your companions is such a great plan.

4] Why a single copy of Flame of Arnor? I would cut it from the deck.

5] That might leave room for Gandalf's staff.

Hope that these comments are helpful.

3]
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."
-Doctor Who

July 22, 2008, 05:15:15 AM
Reply #20

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 05:15:15 AM »
I guess he needs the 2 hobbits for Powerful Guide. And Elendils Army is a potential strength adder for those who need it....I like it.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

July 22, 2008, 11:33:05 AM
Reply #21

Anvar

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Tzeentch's Chosen
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 11:33:05 AM »
Yes, but I don't think that Powerful Guide is worth starting 2 hobbits for, when you could start Ranger of Westernesse and burn him for Thorongil on turn 1.

Anvar
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."
-Doctor Who

August 09, 2008, 09:10:45 AM
Reply #22

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 09:10:45 AM »
Well i tried to build an powerful Allrounder Deck in the expanded format for the movie block and...well...maybe isn´t that powerful but it´s a solid deck and very fun to play with. If you want take a look at it and make some comments...
                         http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=543.0

Just like you i prefer to build decks that can handle multiple situations instead of a totally focused deck that win easy against some deck and lose the same way to others...