LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: About the AUSTRIAN Format  (Read 44461 times)

May 13, 2009, 09:05:25 AM
Reply #45

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Re: About the AUSTRIAN Format
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2009, 09:05:25 AM »
TSC is broken in more ways than one. TSC is a perpetual "cannot die" card for Hobbits that are probably already packing tons of burden removal.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

May 13, 2009, 09:17:26 AM
Reply #46

Kralik

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2009, 09:17:26 AM »
TSC is broken in more ways than one. TSC is a perpetual "cannot die" card for Hobbits that are probably already packing tons of burden removal.

In sets 1-10? OP, perhaps, but not really broken.

May 13, 2009, 10:29:16 AM
Reply #47

FingolfinFinwe

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2009, 10:29:16 AM »
This format really looks like alot of fun.  I just don't really want to disassemble my 40some decks.
Though it would be very cool to just create a ton of "half-decks" (separate free peoples and shadow) to randomly intermix to give a wide variety of scenarios.

May 13, 2009, 12:06:59 PM
Reply #48

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2009, 12:06:59 PM »

Yes I suppose you are correct.  I would like to be able to play Namarie... more because I really like the name and picture more than anything XD.  But I do see the brokenness.

Nice to hear that :up:
This format really looks like alot of fun.  I just don't really want to disassemble my 40some decks.
Though it would be very cool to just create a ton of "half-decks" (separate free peoples and shadow) to randomly intermix to give a wide variety of scenarios.

Yesss! That's great!

In sets 1-10? OP, perhaps, but not really broken.

So, is TSC broken or OP now even in that format? I don't know really... if we come to the conclusion, that it is broken, we have to think about it. but I am not quite sure about it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:09:05 PM by Olorin »
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

May 13, 2009, 12:28:44 PM
Reply #49

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2009, 12:28:44 PM »
TSC is not broken.

May 13, 2009, 03:08:37 PM
Reply #50

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2009, 03:08:37 PM »
Olorin, I hope you are not bored if I explain, why old shadows are still competive if facing Namarie - you can pay your attention meanwhile other things...

Old Shadows do have:
Saruman's Power
Goblin Scrabbler

If you discard the keycards, even the High King of the Noldor can not get any conditions back! I agree that Namarie is very strong, but other cards are powerfull too! And without Namarie, it is nearly impossible to get rid of nasty Deceit.

Fact is: Rules should be easy and simple, this was your idea of this format, that is, why you cut my set 4-13 idea. And I am fine with it.

But I hate erratas and X-Listing Cards! (Erratas are difficult to handle, by x-listing, you keep further cards away from game - Exactly the opposite of what we were to achieve.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 03:11:01 PM by Elrohir »
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

May 13, 2009, 03:28:05 PM
Reply #51

Kralik

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2009, 03:28:05 PM »
TSC is not broken.

As previously noted, you can heal your fellowship infinite times every turn in conjunction with SaE and Birthday Present. Removing all burdens is also possible with one other card (I'll let you figure it out ;))

If you discard the keycards, even the High King of the Noldor can not get any conditions back!

Don't forget the [Elven] artifact that collects tokens... conditions can come back.

May 13, 2009, 03:39:42 PM
Reply #52

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2009, 03:39:42 PM »
So we have come now to a moot point.
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

May 14, 2009, 04:06:07 AM
Reply #53

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2009, 04:06:07 AM »
TSC is not broken.

As previously noted, you can heal your fellowship infinite times every turn in conjunction with SaE and Birthday Present. Removing all burdens is also possible with one other card (I'll let you figure it out ;))

so we need to X-list TSC? ...but it is such a nice card...

If you discard the keycards, even the High King of the Noldor can not get any conditions back!

Don't forget the [Elven] artifact that collects tokens... conditions can come back.

that's the next point - another elven protection. no real way to get rid of this artifacts.

[...] I agree that Namarie is very strong [...] --> NO! Namarie is not very strong, but BROKEN! broken, broken, broken - understand now?
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

May 14, 2009, 04:21:10 AM
Reply #54

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2009, 04:21:10 AM »
You can disagree, but please be respectful. Condescension is not welcome on the forums.

What I'm going to do is lock this thread, create a couple polls concerning the cards in question and allow the people to vote on it. Whatever is decided will be the format that we'll go off of on these forums.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:37:12 AM by NBarden »
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan