LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Frenzy of Arrows  (Read 13796 times)

May 14, 2009, 07:47:29 PM
Read 13796 times

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
Frenzy of Arrows
« on: May 14, 2009, 07:47:29 PM »
Hi, as Nbarden already started 2 polls, about Namarie and Tsc/Sae, I think now time has come to make Frenzy of Arrows playable.

So, lets start!
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

May 14, 2009, 08:25:51 PM
Reply #1

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
Re: Frenzy of Arrows
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 08:25:51 PM »
Change all 2s to 1s. (except twilight cost.)

May 14, 2009, 10:17:43 PM
Reply #2

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:17:43 PM »
Don't want it back. If its not as powerful as it was, nobody will use it, if it is as powerful, it'll be broken.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

May 14, 2009, 10:47:32 PM
Reply #3

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 10:47:32 PM »
I think you could leave it at +2 for each follower if there was a limit to it like this:

Spot an [Orc] minion to add 2 to the minion archery total. If you do, you may add an additional 2 to the minion archery total for each follower you can spot (Limit +4).

so the most it could add would be 6 which is not bad since elevated fire adds 3 but is not dependent on other factors
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

May 15, 2009, 02:55:09 AM
Reply #4

Smeagollum

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 02:55:09 AM »
This is a difficult one. Certainly not restrict it, because with Isengard Underling you still can play this condition 5x.

Spotting an archer minion, would make it more difficult. But then again you can still play the event more then once... which I think is overpowered.

Twilight: imagine what will happen with twillightcreating deck........

I want it back, so last option is not optional.

Other:... I don't know. Creating an Orkish bow perhaps?

May 15, 2009, 04:24:44 AM
Reply #5

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 04:24:44 AM »
I am strictly against the idea to make that format to a wish format... I wish that card should be like that, or that, or that... guys... I want to keep this format very simple - then it is fun.

As I said we can discuss about one or two certain cards on the X- or R-list... but I want to know this format set up that we can play and build decks and not to discuss about all cards ever been made... and probably change them, etc. NO! NO! NO!

IT HAS TO BE AN END SOMEWHERE!
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

May 15, 2009, 05:40:21 AM
Reply #6

Smeagollum

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 05:40:21 AM »
I am strictly against the idea to make that format to a wish format... I wish that card should be like that, or that, or that... guys... I want to keep this format very simple - then it is fun.

As I said we can discuss about one or two certain cards on the X- or R-list... but I want to know this format set up that we can play and build decks and not to discuss about all cards ever been made... and probably change them, etc. NO! NO! NO!

IT HAS TO BE AN END SOMEWHERE!

Then you should make it unique or restrict it. There's no other way in my opinion. The current errata is not functional and makes no logic... except if we create new cards.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:42:13 AM by Smeagollum »

May 15, 2009, 07:13:28 AM
Reply #7

FingolfinFinwe

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 07:13:28 AM »
I know people hesitate to delve into the world of errata's, but that is really the best way to keep cards playable and not have them "break" the game.

I agree with Lurtzy.  In fact I currently play this card with all the 2's changed to 1's.  It just makes sense..  Although, similar to Namarie, I think this should be worked out in Standard before Austrian.

Yes the Standard format needs to be revised by a PC which we don't have yet.  I, for one, am tired of waiting for a PC.  We on this site have the largest grouping of players available.  We have an online outlet for playing.  We should just start making our own Standard.

May 15, 2009, 07:22:58 AM
Reply #8

Smeagollum

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 07:22:58 AM »
Yes the Standard format needs to be revised by a PC which we don't have yet.  I, for one, am tired of waiting for a PC.  We on this site have the largest grouping of players available.  We have an online outlet for playing.  We should just start making our own Standard.

... well, just had a chat with TheJord and I understood that Fishfleas is still busy with it. On the other hand. I am impatient as well and I think it would be best if we all could come together on a tourney and then discuss it. The next tournament is in France, but then I don't think I'll go there, because it's still not clear to me when, where and which x-list as someone only directed me to their site which is in French ](*,) I DON'T SPEAK OR CAN READ FRENCH.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH snif... Next (rumoured) tournament is in Amsterdam in September (then again I live in Amsterdam and there are only 4 other players there who play it and we don't know anything about it). I think Amsterdam would be optional. We can also wait untill the gamespectacle in Essen.... Which is most central for everybody and there's a lot to do there as well and we can do a tournament or 2 over there... What do you think people?

May 16, 2009, 12:48:00 AM
Reply #9

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 12:48:00 AM »
I am strictly against the idea to make that format to a wish format...
:o  Haha, it was you, who wished "Namarie" into the west and tried to say Namarie to "Into the West".

I think it is easier to change this card, than create further cards like a bow for orcs. Although I hate errata, I think in this case, it is not such a problem, because it already has an errata.

@Olorin: What do you think about the former idea of Austria Format to use Standard as a base for rules? Btw: I have a deck to test. As you decks are always a challenge, I want mine give a try.

@Kralik: If we can not change standard here, can't we make here a TLHH Format, in which we organize loops, overpowered combos and unplayable cards?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 12:58:42 AM by Elrohir »

May 16, 2009, 03:36:08 AM
Reply #10

Enola

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 03:36:08 AM »
. well, just had a chat with TheJord and I understood that Fishfleas is still busy with it. On the other hand. I am impatient as well and I think it would be best if we all could come together on a tourney and then discuss it. The next tournament is in France, but then I don't think I'll go there, because it's still not clear to me when, where and which x-list as someone only directed me to their site which is in French ](*,) I DON'T SPEAK OR CAN READ FRENCH.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH snif... Next (rumoured) tournament is in Amsterdam in September (then again I live in Amsterdam and there are only 4 other players there who play it and we don't know anything about it). I think Amsterdam would be optional. We can also wait untill the gamespectacle in Essen.... Which is most central for everybody and there's a lot to do there as well and we can do a tournament or 2 over there... What do you think people?

I don't think you read it, but I posted the format in English on this forum here (http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=2049.0).....

The next tournament in France will probably be in September, as usual on 2 days and with something like 25-30 French players.

May 16, 2009, 05:07:28 AM
Reply #11

Smeagollum

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 05:07:28 AM »
Ah ThX!!! But when is the tournament in June? Will be difficult to attend, but you never know...

May 16, 2009, 10:05:05 AM
Reply #12

Kralik

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 10:05:05 AM »
@Kralik: If we can not change standard here, can't we make here a TLHH Format, in which we organize loops, overpowered combos and unplayable cards?

Every time the question of a PC comes up, it gets pushed aside with "someone is working on it and trying to get ahold of Decipher." But I have no problem (and I think it would be a great idea) with organizing a TLHH/GCCG player's group with house rules. Call it what you will, if everyone agrees, what's the harm?

May 16, 2009, 12:13:43 PM
Reply #13

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 12:13:43 PM »
Agreeeeed!

May 16, 2009, 02:14:03 PM
Reply #14

FingolfinFinwe

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 02:14:03 PM »
Agreed, time to take control of our own standard!