LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Poorman's elves :D  (Read 6670 times)

June 02, 2009, 10:38:41 AM
Read 6670 times

Pepi

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Poorman's elves :D
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:38:41 AM »
Fellowship

Starting:
Arwen, EoL
Elven Warrior(for getting elven cards on the bottom of the draw deck)
Frodo, WFtJ

Companions:
2x Merry, LC
Legolas, ES
Elven Warrior
Ordulus(...as long as he can carry a bow... xD)

Conditions:
2x Closer and Closer He Bent(also for getting elven cards beneath the draw deck)

Possessions:
4x Elven Bow
2x Elven Sword
2x Sword of the Fallen
2x Hobbit Sword
Golden Perch Ale(just in case if the hobbit wins a skirmish...not that I expect that will happen...)

Events:
2x Flashing Steel
2x Farewell to Lorien
2x Supporting Fire
2x Defiance

Followers:
Woodhall Elf(well I'll probably have to discard quite a few cards during skirmish...so some extra are always welcome)
Robin Smallburrow(not so much for drawing, but for discarding elven cards in the early game)

Well obviously, the deck is made from some leftover cards :D
I wont be posting minions I play, because they aren't "Poorman's"... The strategy is quite obvious. Strong minions will have to deal with Arwen, and there's also some archery....And stuff. But there are few problems imo(haven't tested it yet though...)
One is that the deck is milling quite fast...More than 30 cards would be in order probably, but i'm not sure...
Comments and suggestions are welcome...I'd also like to hear your oppinions on what minions would work best with this deck...

June 02, 2009, 10:57:22 AM
Reply #1

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
Re: Poorman's elves :D
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »
closer and closer he bent seems like it's to late to matter for arwen, being a regroup action, i would definitely add more events and then you have to decide to go more fighting elves or archer elves if you go fighting dump all the possessions you have now, legolas, and ordulus and add 4x Elven Armaments and 2 more elven warrior, more skirmish events (still needed, uncertain paths, fleet-footed) and some *more* healing
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

June 02, 2009, 11:11:28 AM
Reply #2

Pepi

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:11:28 AM »
hm...
closer and closer he bent is to late for this turn...but does 2 jobs...prepares arwen for the next turn, and removes leftover fellowship cards from hand...which gives you more place for drawing shadow cards(if lucky)
armanents are a good idea...but i think that elven bows fit in quite nicely as well, because arwen can take only one minion at a time x
but as I said before...gotta playtest this one
some more skirmish events would be in order, yeah, but they kinda choke the hand, but closer and closer he bent would do good in that case 2  :uh-huh:

May 04, 2010, 12:12:12 AM
Reply #3

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:12:12 AM »
I just thought I'd say, I love the ":D" in the title. :)
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

December 06, 2011, 11:27:13 AM
Reply #4

Beyo

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 11:27:13 AM »
Definitely Elven Armaments for Warrior.

March 11, 2012, 12:36:09 AM
Reply #5

OneFathom

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 12:36:09 AM »
Why not just use Mallorn Trees instead?  Much better than having to add a burden AND exert an unbound  hobbit.