LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: tricky shadow  (Read 6053 times)

June 04, 2008, 11:56:05 PM
Read 6053 times

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
tricky shadow
« on: June 04, 2008, 11:56:05 PM »
Hi everybody,

I guess you know my favorite fellowship (look at: powerful allrounder deck) and I am still working on... and will let you know my final ideas...
but, now, I am also looking for a real strong and tricky shadow for my deck as well... the cards I would like to use are:

Ulaire Cantea, duplicitous assassin
Undead of Angmar (but for his use, I need also other wraiths...)
Gollum dark as darkness
captured by the ring
frenzied attack
Saruman Servant of Sauron
Witch-king, Black Lord
Ring of Terror
horribly strong

and something like that... which other minions?

my Idea is to wound some companions with frenzied attack, horribly strong
exert some companions with Saruman, Cantea, Witch-King, Gollum
perhaps I could also use pale blade (Witch-king + pale blade + Saruman + Ring of Terror - what a fun!)

Please give some comments, if this Idea could come to a strong and a working deck - and if it is so, how should I make a deck? (you know, more than 32 cards, or so, I shouldn't use...)

Many thanks in Advance! (perhaps I could also get a Sauron of Balrog into this deck? - no?)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:59:10 PM by Olorin85 »
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

June 05, 2008, 07:55:03 AM
Reply #1

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Re: tricky shadow
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 07:55:03 AM »
That, my friend, is sheer genius. Promise Keeping would always help, as would Incited. Undead is a bit difficult to pull off, though. Maybe use Gollum, Mad Thing for burdens.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

June 05, 2008, 10:32:01 AM
Reply #2

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »
Hi,

would it be useful to play some Nazgul Conditions on Companions for Cantea? Does this work to reduce the resistance?
Please help me... because this kind of shadow is very difficult to build (less minions a lot of events, etc... cycling could be a problem? I don't know...). I am not quite sure how to approach...  ???
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

June 05, 2008, 10:51:16 AM
Reply #3

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 10:51:16 AM »
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 10:52:52 AM by NBarden »

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 05, 2008, 11:06:16 AM
Reply #4

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »
Dark Powers Strengthen with Ulaire Enquea, ToTo, is nice for a burden and 3 cards drawn. I like it a lot, but maybe then you're heading for classic turbo corruption...which is nice, no mather what!
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

June 05, 2008, 02:36:58 PM
Reply #5

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 02:36:58 PM »
I don't recommend that. Then you're getting away from resistance lowering and into corruption. Its better to use cards that lower resistance by explicitly doing so AND adding burdens...and heck, how about some wounding as well?

ToTO is corruption oriented. Sense of Obligation works to both add burdens, thus reducing resistance, and be spotted by Cantea to further reduce resistance, much more effective. Spider Poison and Treacherous Little Toad also work well.

Be sure to pack Evil-Smelling Fens and the Ring of Asperity. In fact, use Ring of Asperity over Ring of Terror in this deck, b/c its dedicated wounding. Imagine that followed by Hidden Even From Her and Horribly Strong. :twisted:

Checklist....

Gollum, Mad Thing
Gollum, Dark as Darkness
Cantea
Her Ladyship
Sense of Obligation
Treacherous Little Toad
Spider Poison
Ring of Asperity
Horribly Strong
Frenzied Attack
Incited

So...

Gollum, Mad Thing
Gollum, Dark as Darkness
Shelob, Her Ladyship x 2
Ulaire Cantea, Duplicitous Assassin x 4

Sense of Obligation x 2
Treacherous Little Toad x 4
Spider Poison x 2
Ring of Asperity x 2
Horribly Strong x 2
Frenzied Attack x 4
Incited x 2
Plotting x 3
Web

Captured by the Ring x 4

Looking cool?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 02:47:54 PM by NBarden »

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 05, 2008, 11:45:33 PM
Reply #6

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 11:45:33 PM »
Hi,

@NBarden: this idea is really cool (shelob and sense of obligation, etc) but I am not quite sure how long it would last until this deck works...

What do you think: Witch-king Black Lord and Gollum Dark as Darkness exhaust meanwhile the Ringbearer... and then... Morgul Brute?
Pale Blade and Saruman Servant of Sauron and Ring of Terror on the Witch-king... and Cantea and frenzied attack... and next shadow... horribly strong...

so...
4 x Witch-king Black Lord
2 x Gollum, Dark as Darkness
4 x captured by the ring
2 x horribly strong
3 x Cantea, Duplicitous Assassin
2 x Saruman Servant of Sauron
2 x pale Blade
2 x frenzied attack
2 x Saurons Gaze ??
2 x Ring of Terror
3 x Morgul Brute
2 x Ulaire Nertea, Dark Horseman (could be funny)
2 x Ulaire Otsea, Duplicitous Assassin

What do you think, could this deck work? Some Suggestions?

PS: this deck should be a standard Deck, so evil smelling fense wouldn't work...

Thanks!

June 06, 2008, 12:07:43 AM
Reply #7

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 12:07:43 AM »
Hi,

@NBarden: this idea is really cool (shelob and sense of obligation, etc) but I am not quite sure how long it would last until this deck works...

What do you think: Witch-king Black Lord and Gollum Dark as Darkness exhaust meanwhile the Ringbearer... and then... Morgul Brute?

Too combo intensive for a burden. Forget burdens. If they come with, sweet, but otherwise, forget 'em.

Pale Blade and Saruman Servant of Sauron and Ring of Terror on the Witch-king... and Cantea and frenzied attack... and next shadow... horribly strong...

so...
4 x Witch-king Black Lord
4 x captured by the ring
2 x horribly strong
3 x Cantea, Duplicitous Assassin
2 x Saruman Servant of Sauron
2 x pale Blade
2 x frenzied attack
2 x Saurons Gaze ??
2 x Ring of Terror
3 x Morgul Brute
2 x Ulaire Nertea, Dark Horseman (could be funny)
2 x Ulaire Otsea, Duplicitous Assassin

Dude, you're running Nertea? Run Sense of Obligation big time then man!

What do you think, could this deck work? Some Suggestions?

PS: this deck should be a standard Deck, so evil smelling fense wouldn't work...

Thanks!

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

June 06, 2008, 12:14:55 AM
Reply #8

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 12:14:55 AM »
@NBarden: you're right with Sense of Obligation.
But for me, I don't like really conditions... do you have ever played against elves? They discard them befor you can use the conditions. (also Anduril --> Gondor, Gandalf with Pallando, etc.)
but, as I said, you're absolutely right!!  :hey:

But, those are less minions, right? The ciclying... wouldn't work as good... may be? I think, it is really difficult sometimes to build a deck which is not as usual as the most others...  ???

June 06, 2008, 12:21:18 AM
Reply #9

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 12:21:18 AM »
*cough*

Have I ever played against elves? Man, you name it, I've either played it or played aganst it! That being said, I have playedan Elvent, Elf Archery and Elf Hunter deck. Not played against it, played it, as in owning each of those decks. I have 3 other decks that run elves in them. Yeah, they kill conditions. So, never build a deck that elves can beat? No! If you hit Dwarves or Gondor, then you've got it in the bag!

BTW, the only way Elves work anymore are with Namarie, so pack something like Minas Morgul Answers, or RoS Enquea if you think its a problem. Or drop Sense of Obligation and go Treacherous Little Toad and Spider Poison + Deceit. But the way elves are run today, you should be able to drop Shelob, watch 'em freak and then you don't care if they kill every single condition, you're still gonna pull off a kill or two via Frenzied attack, trigger threats, next turn plaster TLT and procede to pummel with Shelob eating archery.

Unless they run Take Up the Bow, an underrated card I always have advocated, but nobody listens to me. :(

Also, figure out what you're doing and run with it. Are you going corruption? Or are you dropping resistance enough to kill? Usually, -4 resistance is enough to trigger Frenzied Attack.

Drop Brute. Drop Pale Blade. Saruman...eh...maybe 1 copy. If you're not running SoO, drop Nertea. Could be funnier? Mumak Commander. :twisted: Cut Sauron's Gaze it sucks. Badly. Run 2 more Frenzied Attack and then some Incited. I don't get what WK, Black Lord is doing, just wounding the RB? Trust me, man, if you want to kill the RB, kill all the other comps first and then let the RB die on his own. No need for WK. Cut it in favor of...hm...perhaps 1-2 RoS Enquea. Run a Web and an Incited. Actually, 2 Incited. And a lone Mad Thing.

EDIT: OMGSH wth was I thinking? PROMISE KEEPING! (where's the bang head smiley?)4 x Witch-king Black Lord

1 x Gollum, Mad Thing
3 x Shelob, Her Ladyship
3 x Ulaire Cantea, Duplicitous Assassin
2 x Ulaire Otsea, Duplicitous Specter
2 x Ulaire Enquea, Duplicitous Lieutenant
1 x Ulaire Nertea, Dark Horseman (no more than 1)
2 x Hill Orc (ya I'm evil what you gonna say?)
4 x captured by the ring

2 x Promise Keeping
2 x Incited
1 x Hidden Even from Her (great Gollum replayer against 6 comp or fierce is nice)
1 x Web
1 x Flung Into the Fray (awesome Cantea stacker)
1 x Fat One Wants It (trust me, threats = wounds = pwnage)
1 x Saruman Servant of Sauron

2 x horribly strong
4 x frenzied attack

Try that.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 12:44:49 AM by NBarden »

"It was like:
-Elessar's Socks

March 27, 2009, 05:36:05 AM
Reply #10

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 05:36:05 AM »
Hi everybody,

I guess you know my favorite fellowship (look at: powerful allrounder deck) and I am still working on... and will let you know my final ideas...
but, now, I am also looking for a real strong and tricky shadow for my deck as well... the cards I would like to use are:

Ulaire Cantea, duplicitous assassin
Undead of Angmar (but for his use, I need also other wraiths...)
Gollum dark as darkness
captured by the ring
frenzied attack
Saruman Servant of Sauron
Witch-king, Black Lord
Ring of Terror
horribly strong

and something like that... which other minions?

my Idea is to wound some companions with frenzied attack, horribly strong
exert some companions with Saruman, Cantea, Witch-King, Gollum
perhaps I could also use pale blade (Witch-king + pale blade + Saruman + Ring of Terror - what a fun!)

Please give some comments, if this Idea could come to a strong and a working deck - and if it is so, how should I make a deck? (you know, more than 32 cards, or so, I shouldn't use...)

Many thanks in Advance! (perhaps I could also get a Sauron of Balrog into this deck? - no?)

Has anyone else got an idea how to approach besides NB's idea?

March 27, 2009, 12:03:59 PM
Reply #11

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

March 27, 2009, 11:33:17 PM
Reply #12

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 11:33:17 PM »
not this time could also be a fine option... and I would change it to

1x gollum dad
1x gollum mad thing

not so easy guess...