LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: I really enjoy this format  (Read 6469 times)

August 30, 2009, 08:30:10 PM
Read 6469 times

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
I really enjoy this format
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:30:10 PM »
My friend and I got back into the game a few months ago and have been playing this format ever since. We stopped playing a few years back (around transition from Mt. Doom to Shadows) so we have TONS of movie block cards, but still wanted to play using some newer cards too. So we bought a some cards from Shadows, BR, and Bloodlines and now we play Austrian format.

It's been a great solution and a great way for us to get back into the game, while still allowing us to use all of the cards in our collections.

Also, since we don't play with any Hunter block cards, we decided to play sort of a "Modified Austrian" where we can play with sets 1-10 or 4-13.

Anyway, just wanted to drop a note here saying how much we've enjoyed playing the format. It's a great solution!

All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com

September 26, 2009, 02:47:57 AM
Reply #1

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
Re: I really enjoy this format
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 02:47:57 AM »
I am happy to see that!

I wish other plays would add some decks now too... new ideas and game mechanics are possible and welcome!
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."

September 28, 2009, 03:18:07 AM
Reply #2

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 03:18:07 AM »
You, as the inventor of this format, should add at least a few....;)
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

September 30, 2009, 11:58:53 AM
Reply #3

CCCORNIV

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »
 Ulmo and I have decided that we are going to add Austrian format to our block rotation.  We are going to drop the War block and just go with Fellowship, Tower, King and Austrian format.  I can finally play those Hunter, Ages End and Expanded Middle Earth cards I've been unable to play.

October 09, 2009, 02:16:56 PM
Reply #4

Alazzar

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 02:16:56 PM »
Heya, I'm the friend to which Rubbercarp was referring when he made this thread.  And, I must agree -- Austrian is a fan-TAS-tic format!

As the Carp said, we don't have anything above set 13 (save for Age's End and some other promo-type stuff), so our "modified Austrian" is a ton of fun.  It's so fun, in fact, that I'd recommend it to even those that do have cards above set 13.  In this way, you could essentially make Austrian format so that each side of your deck just has to be "whatever Standard was considered at some point in time" (with the customized Austrian X- and R- lists, of course).

So you could do 1-10, 4-13, 7-Whatever.  The only reason I find it necessary to recommend this is that I've come up with a few decks that required things from both Tower Block and War of the Ring Block, which wouldn't be possible without our modified Austrian format.  It made me realize that I should probably suggest our customized rules so that other players could come up with similar combinations, if they saw fit.  =P

Anyway, thanks again for creating this awesome format!  It's allowed me to make a ton of fun decks!

December 22, 2013, 07:06:17 PM
Reply #5

trueheirofelendil

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 07:06:17 PM »
I am curious, what is the Austrian format?  Also, is there currently a way to play lotr tcg online? 

December 23, 2013, 12:06:04 AM
Reply #6

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 12:06:04 AM »