LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Need Fellowship Ideas  (Read 13435 times)

October 12, 2009, 04:11:25 PM
Read 13435 times

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
Need Fellowship Ideas
« on: October 12, 2009, 04:11:25 PM »

I have over 20 decks built, but I have another 10 or so shadow sides just waiting to be paired up with a Fellowship.

So I need some new fellowship ideas. What kind of decks haven't I built yet.
(I play Austrian, but really most of my decks just happen to be Movie Block as well)

The fellowships I currently have include:

Anarion
Rohan Beatdown
Bloodlines Rohan
Dauntless Hunter
Dwarves (Durin III, Damage +)
Hobbits (Skirmish Discarding / replay in Regroup)
Elven Events (with Elrohir, Cirdan etc)
Gandalf Ringbearer
Hobbits (From WotR Block)
Lady of Ithilien/ Woodland Emmisary
Last Alliance of Elves and Men
Noble Leaders
Ring Bound Rangers (with Ancient Roads)
Rangers Manuever Discarding and Wounding
Rohan Archery
Elven Archery
Shadowplay / Unheeded
Solo Smeagol
Well Traveled Guide
Wraiths
Tales

Any other fellowship ideas that people use would be great.
I'm not really into deck building, so I'll probably just look around for decklists once I know what else to look for but I'm having trouble finding additional deck types to build.

We play Austrian. But a modified austrian since we don't have Hunter Block cards. So we play with sets 1-10, or 4-13 (and then 9, 14, and 19 legal in both).

Again, just seeing what standard fellowships I might be missing.

Thanks in advance.
All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com

October 12, 2009, 05:36:30 PM
Reply #1

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Need Fellowship Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 05:36:30 PM »
Ents, Knights, Choke, Dwarf discard, Gandalf-Rohan, Gandalf-Gondor, Gandalf-Elf...etc.

October 12, 2009, 07:01:31 PM
Reply #2

Alazzar

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 07:01:31 PM »
Have you considered Rings Around the Rosie?  I hear it's undefeated!

:o

October 12, 2009, 07:43:33 PM
Reply #3

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 07:43:33 PM »
I have an Ent deck (not sure how that got left off the list)

I also have a Dwarf/Sauron discard deck In fact its one of the only decks that I have which actually has synergy between the Shadow and Freeps sides. Normally since I have so many decks I just pair them up with whatever has the right number of cards =)

But yes, I somehow haven't made a straight up Knight deck yet. I'll get on that.

As for choke, both my Well Traveled Guide and Solo Smeagol are pretty "chokey"

Thanks for the suggestions so far

All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com

October 12, 2009, 07:45:13 PM
Reply #4

Alazzar

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 07:45:13 PM »
lol, uh... there's a reason you've never heard of it.  It's terrible.  =P

I posted mostly as a joke, because rubbercarp and I play together and I busted out my "Rings Around the Rosie" deck the other day for the first time.

BUT, since you asked, I might as well explain the deck.

I was looking at the Binding Ring from Reflections, trying to think of any instance in which I might actually use it over another ring.  I started thinking about which rings I could play, one thing led to another, and somehow I realized that I could start the following fellowship:

Ring-bearer (doesn't matter who)
Gandalf, Leader of Men
Rosie Cotton, Barmaid
Aragorn, Strider

Since Rubbercarp and I play a modified Austrian format (sets 1-10/4-13), I can play with the Ring of Barahir in this deck (not to mention Narya, Ring of Fire).  This way, on turn one, I can pull both Aragorn's and Gandalf's rings from my deck.

Aragorn and Gandalf are positioned on either side of Rosie.

Thus, Rings Around the Rosie.

That's right, I built an entire deck around a pun.

Of course, after that, I could just build a Gondor/Gandalf deck, right?

No.  No, I could not.  Doing so would not be true to the meaning of the deck.  You see, this deck has one purpose, and one purpose alone:

To be completely retarded.

And oh, does it deliver.

Anyway, I decided I didn't want any of those starting companions/rings to be put into the deck JUST for the sake of being in there.  As such, I opted to build around them.  This meant adding culture-token cards for the Ring of Barahir and using Sam as my Ring-bearer to benefit from Rosie's text.  

I couldn't find anything that specifically triggered off of Narya, so instead I made use of the +1 vitality on Gandalf and added some Terrible and Evils.  It's a nine-companion deck mostly because I expect my people to be dying regularly.  I am powerless to stop this, and my loyal subjects know that.  Still, they bravely march into battle, because they really have no say in the matter.

Without further ado, the decklist  (WARNING:  Reading this may result in stomach cramps and a general feeling of despair):

-Sam, Bearer of Great Need
-The One Ring, the Binding Ring

Companions
-Gandalf, Leader of Men (Starting)
-Rosie Cotton, Barmaid (Starting)
-Aragorn, Strider (Starting)
-Treebeard, Guardian of the Forest x3 (In trying to make use of Rosie, I looked for things requiring unbound Hobbits)
-Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence (So Treebeard can still fight if Rosie dies)
-Faramir, Wizard's Pupil (Because I'd never used him before, and I decided now was his time to shine)
-Birchseed, Tall Statesman (For losing initiative to trigger A Light in His Mind and Brooding on Tomorrow)
-Jarnsmid, Barding Emissary (I basically start the game with 4 burdens if I don't draw either of the Rings)

Shire
-The Gaffer, Master Gardener (Healing for Rosie so the 'Beard can fight more; also for Sam's text)
-Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor
-Tom Bombadil, The Master (Remove some of those burdens and cancel a skirmish with Rosie in a pinch... immediately after adding back those burdens by assigning her, of course)
-Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs (with Rosie's text, Sam can actually block large minions and kill 'em in the fierce)
-Hobbit Sword (As if an extra two strength will save her)
-Kept Safe (Tokens for Ring of Barahir, Rosie-saver)
-Sudden Fury (More tokens!)
-A Light in His Mind x2 ('cause the deck practically corrupts itself)
-Narrow Escape (One copy is nice for pulling back with Daddy Twofoot when you want to make a double)
-Store-room (heal Rosie up so 'Beard can fight more)

Gandalf
-Not the First Halfling (Gandalf token for Ring of Barahir)
-Brooding on Tomorrow (My deck runs too many conditions to use GST)
-Ent Moot x2
-Out of the High Airs ('Cause there's no way I'm killing anything before I move)
-Terrible and Evil x2

Elf (wtf?)
-Narya, Ring of Fire (Yes, that puts me at four cultures, all for the purpose of sticking to the deck's theme)

Gondor
-Gondorian Sword x2 (So 'Gorn can take some bumps; also, helps to lose initiative)
-Ring of Barahir

There you have it.  32 cards to be paired with my equally ridiculous shadow side, which I call "Noah's Ark."

I'm not sure if I should be proud or horrified that this is the first decklist I've posted anywhere on this site.  Hopefully  no one thinks this is my idea of a serious deck.  =P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 07:50:35 PM by Alazzar »

October 12, 2009, 08:20:28 PM
Reply #5

Alazzar

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 08:20:28 PM »
Lady Redeemed is banned in Austrian Format, and Sam was selected primarily as a means of justifying the use of Rosie.  And really, I don't think I need any more than Narya/Ring of Barahir, as that's enough to surround my she-Hobbit.  =P

October 12, 2009, 08:21:53 PM
Reply #6

Alazzar

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 08:21:53 PM »
Noah's Ark?! I literally laughed out loud. I wish I had creative titles for my free peoples and shadow sides!

Between Ring Around the Rosie, Mounds of Mounts, and Noah's Ark (Corsairs?), you have some pretty entertaining deck ideas!

Edit: :gp: for posting and making me laugh!
-wtk

Noah's Ark actually has that name because it's a deck made almost entirely out of good splash minions.  You know, two of everything, just like the animals on the ark.  =P

October 12, 2009, 08:25:23 PM
Reply #7

Alazzar

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 08:25:23 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have as many fun deck names as my first few examples may have led you to believe.  But lemme see if I can think of some of the ones I came up with over the years...

Abandoning Strategy for Mallorn Trees
The Orcmeal Slapwagon
Happy Birthday, Daddy Twofoot!
Stupid is as Swarm Does
Old Bilbo's Thundering Meat

Um... that's all I can come up with off the top of my head.  I'm sure there are more.  =P

October 12, 2009, 08:40:08 PM
Reply #8

Alazzar

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 08:40:08 PM »
Those were all highly disappointing after the first two...I want my gold piece back.

Noah's Ark as a two-per minion idea is brilliant though.
-wtk

Too late, I already ate your gold piece.  You can have it back in a day or two.

Sooner if you find me a bran muffin.

October 12, 2009, 09:36:27 PM
Reply #9

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 09:36:27 PM »

October 13, 2009, 04:17:38 AM
Reply #10

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 04:17:38 AM »
Back to the original topic... I think one thing that you should always be concerned about the right pairing of your fellowship and shadow sides. Synergy is many times the key to win a match.

For example dwarves drawing machine are usually a nice pairing with swarms, where a deck that use bouncing hobbits (or any deck that makes you keep some freep cards at hand) usually are a bad choice for it.

I know it seems logical but i've seen some people doing this kind of pairing, probably because looking at each side alone they can think: yeah, this shadow/freeps rocks, but when they go togheter they just keep messing each other. I'm mostly a shadow deck designer, so i usually design the shadow and later think about a freep that i can pair with it (with excepton of my beloved rainbow annoyness). That may be the reason why many of my freep are not that good  :-k

Maybe you can post the shadow sides that waits for some freeps to pair with it and we can help you better.

PS: I think Abandoning Strategy for Mallorn Trees is such a great name also!

October 13, 2009, 09:55:15 AM
Reply #11

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 09:55:15 AM »
Maybe you could try DH choke or a the Shire Countryside fellowship.

October 13, 2009, 12:46:41 PM
Reply #12

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 12:46:41 PM »
Rohan Archery...was that there?

Starting:
Boromir, Bearer of Council
Answer to All Riddles   
Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien   
Eomer, Rohirrim Captain   

Free Peoples:   
Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar x3   
Merry, Swordthain x3   
Sam, Son of Hamfast   
Aldor, Soldier of Edoras   
Leowyn   
Deor   
Aragorn's Bow   x2
Blade of Gondor x2
Rohirrim Javelin x4
Firefoot   
Brego   
Horse of Rohan   
Might of Numenor x2
Gondor Bowmen x4   
Fortress Never Fallen   

That is specifically movie block, but you get the idea.
-wtk

*cough*swordrack*cough*
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned