LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The future of LOTR TCG  (Read 142753 times)

December 17, 2010, 07:03:58 AM
Reply #195

ununtrium

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: The future of LOTR TCG
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2010, 07:03:58 AM »
All that really matters is playing the game - THAT's the way to keep it alive.
[...]
Just find another player, agree on some house rules, and PLAY.

Could not have said better. Play, play, play. Nothing else matters more than that at the moment. I got two friends in playing the game and we get together once or twice a year to play. It may not be much, but that is better than deciding, whether we are the 'Judaean Liberation Front' or the 'Liberation Front of Judaea'...

'SPLITTER!'
I am a Lieutenant Commander on the G.A.B. Saffron team. My trade lists:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/forums/index.php/topic,3255.0.html
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/user/ununtrium

December 17, 2010, 02:16:44 PM
Reply #196

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2010, 02:16:44 PM »
My local playgroup is back together and we are playing monthly. Anywhere from three to five of us. Good times, lots of fun!

December 21, 2010, 05:10:00 PM
Reply #197

Smeagollum

« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
@hawkeye spf

You are right the playerbase is to small, but......
the deviding part is in talking about x-list and errata. that is something where we never will get agreement on. So skip that part or create a workaround (for instance create a new format for players who like to have virtual sets (like what i think tbiesty did). People who dont want to play this format wont play it.. simple).
Where I think we can all meet eachother is  a kind of organizing how to get new players enthousiastic (indeed flyers, tournaments and what so ever) and into this game and maybe we should lift on lotr lcg (expand tlhh to lotr lcg as well). If that games hits and tlhh is the forum for lotr lcg players then maybe we can make people warm for lotr tcg as well.

So maybe a lotr tcg pc is a bit to much, but some kind of organization (on making flyers or advising eachothers how to lurk people into lotr and give some space for someone as thranduil with all his virtual sets on gccg (give it some separate section for playing dreamcards or stuff) might be workable.

And to all others.. actually we allready have a pc... we the players are it. And let us not stay in talking about a pc or not. Let us just discuss about some matters on tlhh and give some freedom to eachothers. If someone wants to experiment: Fine. If it doesnt work out it will clear itself. In that case there will be no need for a hierarchical pc.. it will be more as we are doing at this moment: flexible. Everybody can have its input or create ideas.

December 24, 2010, 11:54:40 AM
Reply #198

Kenddrick

« Reply #198 on: December 24, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »
Hawkeye I will agree with you! I will develop the website into promoting the game! :D

December 30, 2010, 09:38:23 PM
Reply #199

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #199 on: December 30, 2010, 09:38:23 PM »
I'm still around, there just hasn't been much going on and I haven't had time to do anything with the game in my area.  I'm guessing Decipher is doing real estate and making more off of it than anything they are doing with cards and unless they are the ones getting the SW license at the start of this new year, then they are basically done in the card business.  The Hobbit movie would fall into what Fantasy Flight owns of the LOTR game at this point which is coming out soon.

From people like Brian Fred that tried out the demo, it sucked.  Looking at it online, looks cool.
Visit www.CategoryOneGames.com for LOTR and Star Wars Singles, Boxes and Starters.

December 31, 2010, 06:47:29 AM
Reply #200

Kenddrick

« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2010, 06:47:29 AM »
#$&*@! the LotR: LCG sucked? I was hoping for it to be good. :(

December 31, 2010, 04:45:28 PM
Reply #201

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2010, 04:45:28 PM »
I was too.  All the guys at SW Worlds that played it said that it was done really poorly and that they found a lot of issues with the game that they kept pointing out the designers that were there.  Maybe the delay in the game is that they are having to re-work things with it otherwise I would have expected it to be out by now. 

They liked the artwork, but the gameplay was just poor and many flaws. 
Visit www.CategoryOneGames.com for LOTR and Star Wars Singles, Boxes and Starters.

December 31, 2010, 09:20:17 PM
Reply #202

Kenddrick

« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up Scott! In the meantime, long live LOTR: TCG! :D

January 19, 2011, 09:44:58 AM
Reply #203

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2011, 09:44:58 AM »
New LOTR Heroclix game coming out too.  I'm really excited for that and it might be the first product I'm actually wanting to buy from a gaming shop in years. 

January 19, 2011, 10:08:22 AM
Reply #204

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2011, 10:08:22 AM »
I was too.  All the guys at SW Worlds that played it said that it was done really poorly and that they found a lot of issues with the game that they kept pointing out the designers that were there.  Maybe the delay in the game is that they are having to re-work things with it otherwise I would have expected it to be out by now. 

They liked the artwork, but the gameplay was just poor and many flaws. 

This is devastating news! I was looking forward to the new game.
Hopefully you're right, and the delays will improve the game.

I'll still buy it when it comes out =)
All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com

June 01, 2011, 11:11:25 AM
Reply #205

Galdor420

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2011, 11:11:25 AM »
Hey Guys,

Stumbled onto this thread so I registered so I could chime in :) My way of keeping this game alive is collecting 4 copies of every card (sets 1-10 + promos cause I hate 11+) :D That way if I ever play with people I can ask what they like about lotr and make decks for them out of my own cards and play with them. This way me and my friends can make any decks we want (as long as they are sufficiently different) and enjoy this game forever. Anyone from Hamilton Ontario or even the GTA contact me, I'm long overdue for a game. Cheers!

June 01, 2011, 01:06:41 PM
Reply #206

Tbiesty

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2011, 01:06:41 PM »
Hey Guys,

Stumbled onto this thread so I registered so I could chime in :) My way of keeping this game alive is collecting 4 copies of every card (sets 1-10 + promos cause I hate 11+) :D That way if I ever play with people I can ask what they like about lotr and make decks for them out of my own cards and play with them. This way me and my friends can make any decks we want (as long as they are sufficiently different) and enjoy this game forever. Anyone from Hamilton Ontario or even the GTA contact me, I'm long overdue for a game. Cheers!

Sounds exactly like what I'm doing, too! :)

June 01, 2011, 09:48:20 PM
Reply #207

ununtrium

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #207 on: June 01, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »
Hey Guys,

Sounds exactly like what I'm doing, too! :)

Sounds pretty much like what I am doing, as well! Only that I try to "double up" on the "greatest hits" and splash cards, e.g. simbelmyne, double shot, morgul gates, greenleaf etc.

My friends like what I am doing ;)
I am a Lieutenant Commander on the G.A.B. Saffron team. My trade lists:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/forums/index.php/topic,3255.0.html
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/user/ununtrium

June 03, 2011, 10:53:08 AM
Reply #208

Gartax

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2011, 10:53:08 AM »
is it anyone still on this board from Québec city Canada who still wich to play?  We are still 4 person who play almost every friday, so if anyone wish to join we will be more than happy.

We play a causual expended, mining we have ban a little more card and we play few cards from the hunters block as well as some house rulz.

Just contact me!

August 16, 2011, 01:11:00 PM
Reply #209

Creator

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
I skimmed over some of the comments in this thread. I find it unlikely that Decipher is willing to do anything like release card templates probably until after they make a decision regarding cards for the Hobbit. They're rather entrenched in Fight Klub right now so I can't help but imagine that this is so far on the back burner that it's not even burning, so to speak. I've little experience with Decipher directly, but I've watched similar projects by fans to revive dead games (either card games or video games) and even when the publisher and developer is willing, it's typically too low of a priority for anything to get done. The fans usually just end up frustrated.

In the meantime, I've fooled around in photoshop (with the help of someone else) and have basically created the culture templates from scratch.  Not all of them are done, but I'm hoping they will be soon. Isengard, Dunland, Dwarven, Elven, Gondor, and a few other cultures are completely "blanked out". They look almost perfect. If you have skills with photoshop, you can type in the card text  to create your own cards for playtesting.