LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Official Rulebooks  (Read 41699 times)

June 17, 2008, 09:41:55 AM
Read 41699 times

Kralik

Official Rulebooks
« on: June 17, 2008, 09:41:55 AM »
Here you can find the official LotR TCG rules in PDF format.

• Starter Rulebook from The Hunters. Use this rulebook to learn how to play if you are new to the game. After you get the hang of LotR TCG, you can move on to reading through the Comprehensive Rules.
  • Comprehensive Rules 4.0. Useful as a reference guide, this rulebook goes into fine detail about each phase, contains a glossary and includes errata for cards through King Block. Check here first to settle a rules question or dispute.
  • Current Rulings Document (08/13/07). This is a supplement to the Comprehensive Rules and includes errata from Shadows on as well as formats information. Be familiar with the T&D fixes! :mrgreen:
  • Official Tournament Guidelines. Though slightly outdated, this contains the official documentation for the mulligan rule, as well as... wait for it... tournament guidelines.

If anyone has a starter rulebook from King Block, or other old rules documents, they may be helpful to keep for those who like to play Movie Block. Let me know. :up:

June 17, 2008, 10:54:09 AM
Reply #1

CarpeGuitarrem

• Information Offline
  • Lord
Re: Official Rulebooks
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:54:09 AM »
Sweet, now we've got them on the site! In case D goes down...which it very well might...

June 17, 2008, 11:00:05 AM
Reply #2

Kralik

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 11:00:05 AM »
Sweet, now we've got them on the site! In case D goes down...which it very well might...

Well, you can't really get to their LotR area from the main page...

June 17, 2008, 11:01:18 AM
Reply #3

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 11:01:18 AM »
And they certainly don't maintain it anymore. If something happened to their site, I highly doubt they'd make any effort to get the LOTR section (and others) back up at all.
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

February 10, 2009, 02:43:41 AM
Reply #4

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 02:43:41 AM »
Here's the ruling regarding the Ring being worn during the regroup phase, from the September 3, 2002 CRD. I think it still applies despite being removed from later documents. Just in case it comes up again:

The One Ring – How does he take the Ring off?
If your Ring-bearer puts on the Ring during the regroup phase, he then takes it off at the end of that regroup phase.

March 01, 2009, 03:32:21 PM
Reply #5

Beyo

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 03:32:21 PM »
Could you also provide pdf with starter deck card list? I cannot find it anymore, and want to know in which starter is Cavern Entrance

March 01, 2009, 04:06:22 PM
Reply #6

Gerontius

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »
Could you also provide pdf with starter deck card list? I cannot find it anymore, and want to know in which starter is Cavern Entrance
I think its the Shadows Aragorn starter deck.

April 16, 2009, 03:30:54 PM
Reply #7

Kralik

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »

Decipher's archives are no longer available. I don't have it, but if anyone happens to find any missing rulebooks or documents, please don't hesitate to post them here. :)

September 26, 2009, 03:34:35 AM
Reply #8

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 03:34:35 AM »
Hello, I'm new and honestly, I am not a LOTR TCG player. I'd love to try the game sometime, but I am an oldschool SWCCG player. That being said, I am the author of the SWCCG, Young Jedi CCG, and Jedi Knights TCG Complete Cardlists on BGG and was wondering if Decipher or anyone else has released a comprehensive printable card list of all the playable LOTR TCG cards (including promos, foils, etc.)? If not, I'd love to do it. I just don't want to do it if someone has already made something. My SWCCG list is available here if you want to get a sample of what I would make for LOTR.  If you would like me to do it, PM or reply here. I'm open to suggestions if specific colors should be chosen for boxes or anything. I'm going to work on reading through the basic rules of the game and maybe even buy a starter deck or two to understand the game better. Either way, I'd really like to help since it seems Decipher is already abandoning LOTR even before they are done with their online version. The links to rules and cardlists are all pretty much dead on the main site. Thanks and I'll try to keep up on checking this post until I get a response!
-Derek "Whaleyland" Whaley

September 26, 2009, 08:24:03 AM
Reply #9

Kralik

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 08:24:03 AM »
I have a master spreadsheet with all of the card text and information. People are still finding typos and proofing it, but it is 99%+ complete. You can find it in the Useful Resources post in the Golden Hall.

September 26, 2009, 02:03:02 PM
Reply #10

whaleyland

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 02:03:02 PM »
I have a master spreadsheet with all of the card text and information. People are still finding typos and proofing it, but it is 99%+ complete. You can find it in the Useful Resources post in the Golden Hall.

Where is this "Useful Resources" post you so speak of? The link you gave me was to the Golden Hall card, not a post. It sounds like this list would be very helpful, but it also doesn't sound like it is a cardlist (without spoilers). Does this mean that there is no concise, printable cardlist available, then?

September 26, 2009, 02:35:58 PM
Reply #11

Kralik

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 02:35:58 PM »
That link was an auto card link generated by the forum code. Go to the TLHH Forum Index and choose the "Golden Hall" forum.

June 26, 2010, 12:15:03 AM
Reply #12

yokel007

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 12:15:03 AM »
I'm thinking of learning Two Towers (I only know FOTR now....), but I can't find the rules anywhere.  I know that there are definitely some alterations to the gameplay, so I guess my question is: Can anybody link me to the rulebook? Or maybe fill me in here if it is simple enough?  Thanks,
Art

June 26, 2010, 12:31:30 AM
Reply #13

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 12:31:30 AM »
Towers is fun ... definately different to FOTR.

The biggest new rule is site control and site liberation. Also there is culture tokens.

Other than that I think it is pretty much the same ... perhaps a few new keywords here or there.

Site control .... When a card says you may control a site you place the site with the lowest site number on the adventure path in your support area (provided there are no fellowships at that site). Once you control a site cards trigger off it (sometimes you need more than one site).

Site liberation ..... When a card liberates a site, place opponents controlled site back on the adventure path.

Culture tokens ... Conditions that play in your support area may be played with tokens on them, or tokens are reinforced when certain conditions are met. Culture tokens can be removed to perform desired actions. It is essentially a new currency for the game and the cards pretty much explain themselves.

The comprehensive rules has more details on site control, liberation and culture tokens.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 12:33:26 AM by chompers »