LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Puppeteer Clique With Champions  (Read 5765 times)

November 16, 2009, 03:51:58 PM
Read 5765 times

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
Puppeteer Clique With Champions
« on: November 16, 2009, 03:51:58 PM »
Okay so here's the situation:

I have Electropotence on the table, and my opponent has Changeling Titan in his graveyard and Changeling Hero in play. I have no creatures, just a bucketload of mana.

I play Puppeteer Clique and grab the Changeling Titan, championing the Puppeteer Clique and shoot my opponent for 7 with Electropotence. Which brings me to question No. 1: Does the Changeling Titan still have the haste and exiled at end of turn even though the Puppeteer Clique has been exiled?

Imagine it does (which is how we played it at the time), so I swing with the Changeling Titan. He has to block to stay in the game so blocks with the Changeling Hero. At the end of the turn, Changeling Titan gets exiled and Puppeteer Clique comes back into play (shooting my opponent for 3 while he's at it!), then I grab Changeling Hero, which again champions the Puppeteer Clique (and shoots my opponent for 4 and gains me 4 life - this is not relevant to the question, I just thought it was particularly funny play!). Which leads me to my second question: Does the Changeling Hero get immediately exiled? Or do I keep him until the next turn ends?

Thanks!

Thranduil

November 19, 2009, 02:51:02 AM
Reply #1

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: Puppeteer Clique With Champions
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 02:51:02 AM »
I have no access to Oracle text here, could you post Puppeteer Clique's and Electropotence's up-to-date text?

November 19, 2009, 02:57:47 AM
Reply #2

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 02:57:47 AM »
Puppeteer Clique
Flying
When Puppeteer Clique enters the battlefield, put target creature card in an opponent's graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. It has haste. At the beginning of your next end step, exile it.
Persist

Electropotence
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay [2](R). If you do, that creature deals damage equal to its power to target creature or player.

November 21, 2009, 02:08:23 PM
Reply #3

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 02:08:23 PM »
Question 1: Puppeteer Clique's ability sets a restriction on the creature it brings. As soon as Changeling Titan enters the battlefield, it'll have "Haste" and "At the beggining of your next end step, exile it". THe Clique doesn't have anything to do with that anymore, otherwise, buring the Clique would also give you the creature permanently and make it lose haste.

Question 2: The ability granted by the Clique is a triggered ability, which triggers at the beggining of your end step. Once it has triggered and resolves, it means the beggining of your next end step has already passed, so it can't trigger again. Changeling Hero will stay under your control until the end step of your next turn (and, if anything asks, it'll also have haste until then).

November 21, 2009, 02:16:19 PM
Reply #4

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 02:16:19 PM »
Thanks FM! :gp:

Thranduil