LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Elves/Dwarves Discard  (Read 6107 times)

December 02, 2009, 08:51:19 AM
Read 6107 times

LorienGuardian

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Elves/Dwarves Discard
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:51:19 AM »
Hi all.

So want to make an elven slash dwarven discarder deck, and just want to hear you thoughts on it..

I want to run Arwen, DoE / Gimli, DoE then fetch Aragorn, KiE for healing + No Mere Ranger for winning and then a bunch of skirmish power events + Nobody Tosses a Dwarf and Ancient Enmity, Defiance vs. Nazgul, and preferably Battle Fury for Gimli.

Then Add in Legolas, Elven Bow (S), maybe Haldir, EotGW and The White Arrows of Lórien. Don't know if I should run Greenleaf or SoT ? and maybe a couple of Galadriel, LoL with The Mirror of Galadriel and Celeborn. Maybe switch her for Lady of the Golden Wood for Legolas/Arwen Heal. Delving for cycling.

What are your thoughts??

LórienGuardian - But I am Saruman, or rather Saruman as he should be.

December 02, 2009, 08:54:48 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Elves/Dwarves Discard
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 08:54:48 AM »
It's a nice idea that has seen several iterations in FoTR block. I would definitely recommend Galadriel, Lady of the Golden Wood so that you can control the sitepath for the best bonuses for Legolas, Son of Thranduil (Aragorn Signet).

Noby Tosses a Dwarf, of course, is great, but Ancient Enmity doesn't seem like it would get the job done. Just a +1 bonus...against [Moria] is great but against everyone else sounds like a problem.

Another rout would be Trust Me As You Once Did. Gandalf signet characters for the pump and then use Ancient Enmity as a pleasant surprise.

If you are using White Arrows of Lorien, how many cards do you expect them to have in hand around the skirmish phase anyways?
-wtk

December 02, 2009, 09:36:41 AM
Reply #2

Alazzar

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:36:41 AM »
You could also try starting Gimli + Legolas, then run about 3 copies of Elrond, HtGG and a few Shoulder to Shoulder.  Legolas could exert twice to force discards on one site, then at the next site, you use Shoulder to Shoulder and exert Gimli twice to heal Legolas twice, then exert Elrond twice to heal Gimli twice (effectively moving your wounds from Legolas onto Elrond), and at the start of the next turn, Elrond heals himself twice.  Also, running Elrond just allows you to run Vilya and Secret Sentinels, which is always nice.  =P

I think it would probably be better to start Lego/Gimli so that you've got an archer right off the bat, instead of having to wait around to get a card that allows you to use White Arrows of Lorien.

December 02, 2009, 10:17:14 AM
Reply #3

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 10:17:14 AM »
Eventhough some rules are not applied to FotR block, like cancelling the RB skirmish, I'm pretty sure that errata still stand. So The Mirror of Galadriel is erratad, and then it is pretty worthless.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

December 02, 2009, 10:22:10 AM
Reply #4

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 10:22:10 AM »
The Mirror was errata-ed to be worthless, the first AND the second version were gay beyond words. And its doable, but can be beaten. Vs discard/white arrows I usually dont play minions at all and let the cards choke out.

December 02, 2009, 10:58:21 AM
Reply #5

LorienGuardian

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 10:58:21 AM »
NoooOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Mirror is maneuver now :0   !!!

What a shame.. :'(

December 02, 2009, 11:02:40 AM
Reply #6

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 11:02:40 AM »
plus the other lame stuff, needing to have a certain nr of cards -7- in hand to make it work...Sorry to have ruined your day :)
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

December 02, 2009, 11:22:34 AM
Reply #7

LorienGuardian

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »
No worries.. i'll make do without the stupid mirror..
a nice combo i have found is a ranger's versality + greenleaf or aragorn's bow.
HAHAHAHA die witch-king
Exert arwen -> Exhaust
exert Legolas -> Kill!

LórienGuardian

December 02, 2009, 11:27:26 AM
Reply #8

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »
You are aware that that card too has an errata? Haha, but I guess so, cause you are speaking of exerting Arwen. First it was gold. Spot a ranger, exhaust up to 2 minions...craziness.

December 02, 2009, 11:30:55 AM
Reply #9

LorienGuardian

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 11:30:55 AM »
Yep, pure gold. But it's fair it got errata'ed it's still quite powerfull.
Too bad there aren't that many forest and river sites in movie block :/

LórienGuardian
"But I am Saruman, or rather Saruman as he should have been".