LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: GEGACTNC Deck  (Read 4995 times)

December 07, 2009, 08:20:54 AM
Reply #1

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
Re: GEGACTNC Deck
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 08:20:54 AM »
agreed with your subtitle, haha. Furthermore, I think yuo have placed it in the wrong section, as it seems to be movieblock. Add sites and some strategy, allthough it might seem to be obvious to some. Wise to add extra Eowyns for healing. That is a problem with elves, you need to be able to finish the minions off, cause 5/6 archery per turn can be just not enough.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

December 07, 2009, 09:01:39 AM
Reply #2

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 09:01:39 AM »
I would run Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms as the Ring-Bearer. That way, you can run four copies of Might of Numenor for healing and four copies of Gondor Bowmen for extra archery.

Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar is nice for the extra healing and Aragorn's Bow for more wounds. A copy of Brego will keep Eowyn healed (and is a guaranteed exert against Eowyn). Celeborn will not help very much considering you only have Nenya to put cards on top of your draw deck...no copies of Still Needed. Rather than him, I'd rather see the Aragorn stuff.

A lot of people run this kind of deck with Merry and Pippin and Shadowplay and Unheeded. So that might be a cool idea for you as well.

A copy of Sam, Son of Hamfast and a copy of Scroll of Isildur for burdens will help if you played against a deck similar to this.

I know you said in your other post that you don't like Fell Beast, but that is, without a doubt, one of the best cycling cards for a Shadow. What if you have four Witch-Kings in your hand in the second turn? Cycle them out.

I don't think you have enough Twilight Nazgul to justify Wraith World. And you certainly can't justify having four copies of Return To Its Master if you are playing four copies of The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul. I don't think this Shadow is going to corrupt enough people, personally, because there is no guarantee that the Ring-Bearer is ever going to put on the Ring.

Morgul Brutes will help with burdens, Ulaire Attea, Wraith on Wings (I think that's the initiative-burden one) would help. His Terrible Servants keeps your guys alive.

A cooler (and more original idea) would be running four copies of Black Breath and a few copies of They Will Find the Ring. Get on three or four Burdens and then let They Will Find the Ring exert a bunch of guys. They can't heal with Black Breath and you can use Shotgun Enquea to pick off a few guys and Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul to assign to others.

They Will Find the Ring is fantastic with Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One, by the way!

A few copies of Morgul Skulker are always nice too!
-wtk

December 08, 2009, 08:50:36 AM
Reply #3

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 08:50:36 AM »
Once more, thanks for your help, but I am running out of time (Chemistry test tomorrow), so I'll respond quickly and short.
I agree with your ideas, running Isildur was another idea I had before.
But I wanted to concentrate on Elves, and with a Proxy-Version of this, Deck, even Celeborn worked pretty well. Why?
Cus' of The one Ring, the binding Ring.
With tBR, I can search my Deck for Nenya, Ring of Adamant (which was one of the main ideas in this Deck), I heal Greenleaf and E, LoI and prepare myself for wounding with Celeborn.

Witchkingx5

December 08, 2009, 08:54:21 AM
Reply #4

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 08:54:21 AM »
With tBR, I can search my Deck for Nenya, Ring of Adamant (which was one of the main ideas in this Deck), I heal Greenleaf and E, LoI and prepare myself for wounding with Celeborn.

How do you propose you remove these burdens with your 7-resistance Ring-Bearer? Gotta recommend an [Elven] army if you are running Galadriel. Gil-Galad, Elven High King, Elrond, Venerable Lord, Legolas, Fearless Marksman, Cirdan, the Shipwright, a full rack of Still Needed, maybe some Gift of Foresight, Glimpse of Fate...I could go on and on...
-wtk

December 08, 2009, 08:56:59 AM
Reply #5

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 08:56:59 AM »
Here is my brother's Movie Block [Elven] deck...it is very successful.

Starting Fellowship:
Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
Answer To All Riddles
Legolas, Fearless Marksman
Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men

Free Peoples (34):
Elrond, Venerable Lord x2
Cirdan, the Shipwright
Celeborn, Lord of the Galadhrim x2
Gandalf, Manager of Wizards x3
Sam, Son of Hamfast

Nenya, Ring of Adamant x2
Gwemegil
Bow of the Galadhrim
Elven Bow x3
Glamdring

Shadow Between
Glimpse of Fate x2
Brooding On Tomorrow x2

Double Shot x3
Still Needed x4
Gift of Foresight x3

The strength of this deck is that you can lose initiative with Gandalf, Manager of Wizards and Legolas, Fearless Marksman to activate Glimpse of Fate and Brooding On Tomorrow. Still Needed couples nicely with Elrond, Venerable Lord and Celeborn, Lord of the Galadhrim and Nenya, Ring of Adamant can help put the cards on top of your deck.

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ __

If I were to change anything about my brother's deck, it would be adding a copy of Lembas Bread so you can reconcile then choose to move and use Glimpse of Fate and Brooding On Tomorrow again!
-wtk
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:05:46 AM by ket_the_jet »

December 08, 2009, 09:03:18 AM
Reply #6

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 09:03:18 AM »
Thanks, I'll try it out.

Witchkingx5