LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Hobbit Swarm  (Read 12889 times)

January 02, 2010, 04:14:41 PM
Reply #15

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Re: Hobbit Swarm
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 04:14:41 PM »
It seems that the problem with the deck is actually the minions - they aren't doing the knockout punch i want them to. I use Mordor trackers with Under the Watching Eye and Hate and Orc Bowmen and site 9 Tol Brandir.

However - fellowship seems to work well - it does have some weaknesses though. I played another game with this deck and lost again but each game is close.

Here is the starting fellowship:
Frodo Reluctant Adventurer
The One Ring Isildur's Bane
Merry Friend to Sam
Boromir Defender of Minas Tirith

First site:
Green Hill Country (no need to bid to go first)

Draw deck:
Blade of Gondor
Hobbit Sword
Horn of Boromir x4
Sting
There and Back Again x3
Hobbit Farmer x4
The Gaffer Sam's Father
Hobbit Party Guest x3
Farmer Maggot Chaser of Rascals
Bounder x3
Thror's Map
O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!
The Saga of Elendil
Frodo's Pipe
Longbottom Leaf x4
Old Toby x3
The Gaffer's Pipe
Aragorn's Pipe x2

Strategy - you can go first but it is not needed, move one site at a time, use horn to call allies forward to die, rely on minions to win game, choke opponents hand with minimal shadow. Thror's map to protect against site 7 and Aragorn's Pipe to mass heal.

Probably has more allies than needed - might cull Hobbit Party Guest as I am not using them to heal The Gaffer and Farmer Maggot as planned.

Any thoughts or help?

Might modify minions as Ringbearer suggested but i do like playing Mordor trackers. 76 card deck and i often deck myself at site 9 or go very close to decking out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 04:17:18 PM by chompers »

January 11, 2010, 06:04:35 AM
Reply #16

Smeagollum

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 06:04:35 AM »
you could use Frodo's cloack, Brace of coneys, Tom Bomba and if you use Smeagal you can also use I'm not listening. Actually with shire country side you would like it to heal your comps in the skirmishphase. Actually Nine fingered frodo is also quite nice. If you do use Smeagol, then you'll need atar and you'l need 4x sting from 2nd block.

January 11, 2010, 07:59:37 AM
Reply #17

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 07:59:37 AM »
you could use Frodo's cloack, Brace of coneys, Tom Bomba and if you use Smeagal you can also use I'm not listening. Actually with shire country side you would like it to heal your comps in the skirmishphase. Actually Nine fingered frodo is also quite nice. If you do use Smeagol, then you'll need atar and you'l need 4x sting from 2nd block.
This is supposed to be FOTR Block right?

January 11, 2010, 09:22:04 AM
Reply #18

Smeagollum

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 09:22:04 AM »

This is supposed to be FOTR Block right?

Didn't saw that one.. were my glasses :o

January 11, 2010, 02:03:06 PM
Reply #19

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 02:03:06 PM »
But you have given me some ideas is i take this deck out of fellowship block :)