LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ranger Choke/Moria Swarm  (Read 4783 times)

January 07, 2010, 06:58:21 PM
Reply #1

Yanko Markovic

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Ranger Choke/Moria Swarm
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:58:21 PM »
You mean Heir to the white city, I think. I'm currently into Fotr block right now, but it's pretty late qhere I live, so I'm gonna comment tomorrow.
"To ask if Orcs "are" Communists is to me as sensible as asking if Communists are Orcs." - JRR Tolkien, regarding his "allegory".

January 08, 2010, 02:21:26 PM
Reply #2

Fierce

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Ranger Choke/Moria Swarm
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 02:21:26 PM »
Hi,

my first review of a deck at this forum. Choke and Moria are two of my favourite halves but I haven't tried to combine them. Anyway, here are some thoughts:

First I guess you use Frodo, Old Bilbo's Heir with the purpose to heal The Gaffer, Sam's Father. I would consider switching your current Frodo to Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer so you will play Sting, O Elbereth! Gilthoniel! for free. With just one Gaffer and a 37-37 deck it's a small chance to draw him early and get to use Old Bilbo's Heirs ability. If you switch Frodo I would ditch Filibert since you cannot afford the double exertion anyway (because of A Promise). Your beefed up Aragorn should be able to deal with fierce minions and with a strength of 8-16 + pumps this would not be a problem.

Second you need to bid high to pull Aragorn, Heir to the White City with The Prancing Pony. Sam, Son of Hamfast will get rid of 3 burdens before your first sanctuary. Then you need to keep his vitality up for your Promises but can get rid of more burdens in a pinch. If you keep your first Sam I would include a second Bill the Pony since he will be discarded at the first underground site (usually site 4, otherwise at the Bridge). If you use one Bill then I guess you plan to pull him at site 6.

Maybe you should let go of Asfaloth since he like Bill will be discarded at a underground site. Gwemegil is great though for it's cycling ability.

Since you play a lot of possessions I would swap Breeland Forest for Trollshaw Forest so you will be able to increase you card draw. Breeland Forest don't help you Moria - it's much more useful for Nazguls. And it hampers your Hobbit Stealth as well.

The Moria side looks great. I have limited experience with the Goblin Sneak so I would swap them and 2 Goblin Flanker for at least 2 They are Coming (for cycling and pulling), a Troll's Keyward and 1-2 Host of Thousands.

Try to trim your deck to 34 or 35 per side to make it run smoother. I think this deck will be a lot of fun to play. Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:25:41 PM by Fierce »