LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Superfellowsip + 2 shadow sites  (Read 5773 times)

April 05, 2010, 04:01:22 AM
Read 5773 times

Hennessy

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Superfellowsip + 2 shadow sites
« on: April 05, 2010, 04:01:22 AM »
Hi all,
I am new on TLHH and I want to post you my deck, which I am currently completing together. I used to play gondor/elf rangers but for a fluff reason, I decided to rebuild it for trust me deck. I have currently completed nazgul deck, but I am building also an Uruk one to be able to play both of them. Uruks are IMO better, because they can actualy kill and are not only for stopping like nazguls.

Freepeoples (35)

Frodo, Old Bilbos Heir
The One Ring, Isildurs Bane

Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk 4x
Aragorn, Ranger of the North 3x
Boromir, Lord of Gondor 2x
Arwen, Daughter of Elrond 2x
Legolas, Greenleaf 1x
Gimli, Son of Gloin 1x
Elrond, Lord of Rivendell 1x

Rangers Sword 1x
Sting 1x
Blade of Gondor 1x
Glamdring 1x
Gwemegil 1x
Long Knives of Legolas 1x
Bow of the Galadhrim 1x
Gimlis Battle Axe 1x

Gandalfs Staff 1x
The Saga of Elendil 1x
The Tale of Gil-Galad 1x

The Last Alliance of Elves and Men 2x
Trust Me as You Once Did 2x

Servant of the Secret Fire 3x
Might of Numenor 3x

Strategy - play everything you have. Might of Numenor is against a few copies of Enquea in non-nazgul decks, jut heal wounds in maneuver... Fellowship is extremely strong if you play everything, problems are nazguls, its a must to go in five against them. Unfortunately I have a little place and other cards could have their place here - aragorns bow, armor, flaming brand, sleep caradharas, second elrond :( If you have any tips how to clean it up and make better, please send comments :)

Nazguls (35)

The Witch King, Lord of Angmar 4x
Ulaire Attea, Keeper of Dol Guldur 4x
Ulaire Cantea, Lieutenant of Dol Guldur 4x
Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul 3x
Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul 3x

The Pale Blade 2x
Nazgul Sword 4x

Blade Tip 3x
Drawn to Its Power 4x

Morgul Gates 4x

Strategy: not much to say, 4 cards in this deck is variable, its Drawn to it Power, I am considering to play All Blades Perish, Stricken Dumb and Relentless Charge instead.... Comment what you think.

Uruk hai (35)

Saruman, Keeper of Isengard 4x
Lurtz, Servant of Isengard 1x
Uruk Lieutenant 4x
Uruk Captain 3x
Uruk Warrior 2x
Uruk Ravager 3x
Troop of Uruk-hai 4x

Sarumans Ambition 4x
Greed 2x

Savagery to Match Their Numbers 4x
Abandoning Reason for Madness 2x
Sarumans Power 2x

Strategy, nothing to say, just dont know if greed is a viable choice?

April 05, 2010, 04:18:20 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Superfellowsip + 2 shadow sites
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:18:20 AM »
I don't think you have enough Gandalf signets for a Trust Me As You Once Did deck. A cool idea might be including Arwen, Lady Undomiel and Elven Ally support. Gwemegil can still help you cycle, Asfaloth is a pump, and then you would effectively have a strength 14+ Arwen after a Trust Me exertion.

Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence can be a nice throwaway companion to remove a burden and he will be an extra signet while he's around.

Where is Aragorn's Bow? If you do go the [Elven] ally direction, the Horn of Boromir may be a nice call.

For the Nazgul side, too many expensive unique minions. Run fewer copies of the Witch-King, for example, and cycle what you need again with Morgul Skulker.

With the [Isengard] deck, I think one copy of Saruman, Servant of the Eye is always a nice surprise and I like Greed for crowd control.
-wtk

April 05, 2010, 04:48:37 AM
Reply #2

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 04:48:37 AM »
dump boromir and arwen, start gimli and legolas, add armor and aragorn's bow lose the last alliance of elves and men also add sam, son of hamfast, you can bid high and use the prancing pony* as site 1
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

April 05, 2010, 05:15:56 AM
Reply #3

Hennessy

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 05:15:56 AM »
Starting is lego + gimli, 3 gandalf signets are ready really early in this deck (aragorn + frodo + gimli).

I see good potential in Sam and Pippin, but dont know what o throw away :( maybe saga and tale of g-g. I know that 5 comp trust is better (frodo, aragorn, gimli, lego + gandalf) but I like all the comps and wanna play the most of them, problem is a space in deck.

Thrarin is not suitable replace for gimli, you get +1 bonus only for dwarves in fellowship.

As for shadow sites:
Morgul skulker costs until the 6th site 4 points, it is too much in this deck. You can get +4 on Atte for its prize, or nazgul through gate. I would like rather cards, which allows me to discard cogled nazguls in hand, but only one is gwemegil in FP :(

I will try to lose alliances and vitality conditions for some games and add more equipment and hobbits, bow, armors, sam...

April 05, 2010, 06:25:21 AM
Reply #4

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 06:25:21 AM »
Morgul Skulker can recycle Morgul Gates, absorb archery, and is better for [Wraith] who have a particularly hard time cycling than having four of each minion.
-wtk

April 05, 2010, 08:48:06 AM
Reply #5

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 08:48:06 AM »
I usually play at most 3 copies of each Nazgul and sometimes 4 copies of the WK. I also have never really been a fan of Drawn to his Power? Has it worked for you before?

April 05, 2010, 10:28:30 AM
Reply #6

Hennessy

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 10:28:30 AM »
I have never played DtIP before. It si easy to be removed and later, when you have enough copies it is hard to kill. But I want to try it, if you get some copies, it could get you 3 burdens for the swords... But there are for sure better cards.

I really wonder that you guys dont play 4 copies of nazguls... enquea doesnt have 12str so its not worth of it but... attea is the beast, cantea is a must, witch king could be played 3 times but if you pull him out with pale blade, he is killer. I have played nazguls since 2001 when the FotR was released and these years back, everyone used to play 4 copies of Attea, Cantea and WK. You can afford to discard them from hand and keep your hand cycling through. If you draw more copies of one you just discard it. But nazguls were extremely bad with cycling... forestguls are much better :)
And I am sure that skulker is not good card in nazguls, he costs you 4 tokens, at site 6+ you dont have a chance to kill fresh fellowship, and before, he just do nothing, shuffle two gates which means 4 tokens cheaper nazguls is nice, but he costs 4... He is orc, that means sentinels discards two conditions instead of one and also he doesnt win a skirmish, Bow of Galadhrim could potentialy wound your nazguls etc.
Unfortunately, with these pesky brands, choke and arwen, combat nazguls are not powerul in fotr block :( they have potential to kill or decimate fellowship at site, 2,3,4, maybe 5 but later, you can just hope to stop the fellowship. Thats the reason for me why to play 4 copies, you need to have a nazgul you need at the very first sites.

April 05, 2010, 10:45:36 AM
Reply #7

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 10:45:36 AM »
Really though, why are you playing any conditions outside of Black Breath and Blade Tip? That's really all you need, unless you are going the Gates of the Dead City route.

Regardless, I am not a fan of [Wraith] culture anyways so I suggest something else.
-wtk

April 05, 2010, 03:14:43 PM
Reply #8

Kralik

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 03:14:43 PM »