LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Anarions Power with Orc Weapon Twilight Flood  (Read 7283 times)

March 18, 2010, 10:34:23 AM
Read 7283 times

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Anarions Power with Orc Weapon Twilight Flood
« on: March 18, 2010, 10:34:23 AM »
Well, this is my best Real-Life Standard Deck I've got, so check it out!

Isildur, BoH
The One Ring, SaWtC

Freeps:

1x Anarion (starting)
1x Pippin, WoBaS (foil, starting)
3x Aragorn, Thorongil
2x Halbarad
2x Watcher at Sarn Ford

1x Anduril, Stwb
1x Narsil, BotF
4x Sapling of the White Tree
3x Gondorian Blade
3x Ranger's Cloak
1x Faramir's Company
1x Scroll of Isildur
1x Gondorian Servant

1x I will go
4x Banners Blowing
4x Rally the company
2x Ranger of the North

Shadow:

2x Gorbag, Filthy Rebel
4x Orc Artisan
2x Black Land Chieftain
4x Hill Orc
4x Watchful Orc
4x Scavenging Goblins
4x Goblin Hordes
4x Orc Spear
4x Unforgiving Depths
3x Retribution

And now some strategy description:

Freeps:

Start with Anarion and WoBaS. Anarion is the Main character, and WoBaS is just there as protection for the first couple of moves when you didn't set up yet and also to soack up some archery. Kill him off later when you don't need him anymore and when you draw your 6th companion.

As said before, 6 comps isn't a problem in the case that you sacrifice WoBaS and now a little explanation for those 3 Rangers:

Thorongil: Awesome card. Really, really awesome. When your opponent doesn't run Hunters, he'll die cus' of this one. And when you get the possibility to own 3 of those in real, I suppose playing all of them! ;)

Halbarad: Forget about the twilight cost ability, this one's here for healing. You'll always need Anarion full healed and that's why I put this guy in my Deck. And he's a Ranger, btw.

Watcher at Sarn Ford: First time I saw this card, I just thought: "This guy is so awesome, I just wanna have some of those!" And so he is, he gives my comps the possibility to pump themselves up, even Isildur, BoH can do this in several occasions. He's a killer.

As for the possesions, I don't think any explanation is needed, except for Narsil, BotF, which I sometimes play on Anarion, making him +1 vitality and much stronger than he is now. Sapling are here to push Narsil and also as protection.
But one of the most important posessions is Ranger's Cloak, and that's because of the vitality bonus for Anraion and the cloak fits in perfectly into the Watcher at Sarn Ford strategy! +1 Resistance to make his ability easier to activate, and the vitality bonus to activate it more often! Same goes for Gondorian Servant.

I will go -> Defnder +1 for Anarion

All the events are also clear, and Ranger of the North is just an awesome card to do many tricks.

Shadow:

Gorbag is just a cheap, but strong minion to arm, and will be strong against other Decks that use Thorongil. The main strategy is to drop orc Artisan at an underground and then drop some copies of Orc Spear, giving 3 extra twilight for each one. The strategy has lots of support, which I'll show you now:

Black Land Chieftain: Now this one adds lots of Threats, doesn't he? When I drop this monster, he usually adds about 5-7 thrats, which are enoughto kill a couple of companions. He has also ver good stats (5 twilight for Orc Spear!) and the spotting requirement isn't too hard at all.

Hill Orc: Let' think a little about this Orc. First, he costs 4 twilight, ideal for Orc Spear. Secondly, his ability is pretty easy to get, just make the following calcualtion: If your opponent bids 3 to go first, over 50% of all companions will be affected by his ability. Even if it's just an Uncommon, it's a good one!

Watchful Orc: This guy costs exactly 4 twilight for Orc Spear, and he activates the underground sites.

Scavenging Goblin: They come into play for free if you have a Goblin Artisan out, and this isn't bad at all, isn't it?

Goblin Hordes: I play a Deck that has lots of Undergrounds. Do I need to say more? Staple, 4 copies of it!

Unforgiving Depths: No spotting Requiremts, brings out your Undergrounds - that's it!

Retribution: I really love this card. It gives the whole strategy a new focus, and works perfectly with Hill Orc. And the best thing is: this one has a drawback! If you got 2 - no problem, just discard the one in play and drop the other one! This card has no spotting requierements and costs zero twilight, which makes it very flexible. Just awesome in this Deck.

March 18, 2010, 12:36:56 PM
Reply #1

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
Re: Anarions Power with Orc Weapon Twilight Flood
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 12:36:56 PM »
do your opponents ever bid 3 to go first???

other than that, it looks pretty solid, i would maybe add invigorated on the freeps but other than that, good!
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

March 18, 2010, 01:50:20 PM
Reply #2

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 01:50:20 PM »
do your opponents ever bid 3 to go first???

other than that, it looks pretty solid, i would maybe add invigorated on the freeps but other than that, good!

Seems as someone read my comments very carefully... ;)

It happened once, but I mostly combine Hill Orc with Retribution.

I also thought of Invigorated but with The Prancing Pony, I can graab Halbarad if needed.

March 19, 2010, 01:10:41 AM
Reply #3

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 01:10:41 AM »
And I thinkg you don't have T&D faramir, cause he is ace as well in this deck when it comes to healing. But still, I do think that in Standard this will fail, sorry. You have no protection vs conditions, to few companions, you only aim at strength. That will not be enough, since I guess the biggest threats in Standard are pre-skirmish wounding decks (which will cripple Anarion), archery decks, nazgul decks, that will get to you eventually (Nertea self assign dude, so pippin gone). Sorry, don't mean to blow the sad horn, but this is exactly why I dislike Standard, the extremes are way too high. Elfes on one hand and things as Troll Swarm on the other. It is not mellowplay, it is full hardcore.

No possitive things to say? Of course! I love it that you play Anarion :D
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

March 19, 2010, 06:20:34 AM
Reply #4

King89

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
  • your master.
    • nine-walkers 2.0 german
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 06:20:34 AM »
And I thinkg you don't have T&D faramir, cause he is ace as well in this deck when it comes to healing. But still, I do think that in Standard this will fail, sorry. You have no protection vs conditions, to few companions, you only aim at strength. That will not be enough, since I guess the biggest threats in Standard are pre-skirmish wounding decks (which will cripple Anarion), archery decks, nazgul decks, that will get to you eventually (Nertea self assign dude, so pippin gone). Sorry, don't mean to blow the sad horn, but this is exactly why I dislike Standard, the extremes are way too high. Elfes on one hand and things as Troll Swarm on the other. It is not mellowplay, it is full hardcore.

No possitive things to say? Of course! I love it that you play Anarion :D

agree with every single point.

March 19, 2010, 01:08:41 PM
Reply #5

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 01:08:41 PM »
I see, these things are problems that i can't manage simply cus'the main factor "money" is a problem for me, when talking about Standard. The Faithful Stone, Faramir, Captain of Ithilien, Ranger's Longbow etc. are cards that would fit in very well but they are very hard to trade.

Anyway, what do you think of Ithilien Blade?

March 19, 2010, 04:51:45 PM
Reply #6

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 04:51:45 PM »
I just wanted to give you props for writing out great strategy section to go along with your decklist!
All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com

March 19, 2010, 08:42:53 PM
Reply #7

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 08:42:53 PM »

One the best cards in standard.

March 20, 2010, 02:24:08 AM
Reply #8

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 02:24:08 AM »

One the best cards in standard.

I also think so. And with the 2nd playset coming to me soon (Thx MuadDib, have a :gp:) I can put those into the Deck, too.

I just wanted to give you props for writing out great strategy section to go along with your decklist!

That's why I don't post Decks very often - even if I've got lots of them. The problem is that if I don't explain every single card, some players maybe don't know why I put them in.

April 03, 2010, 12:21:59 PM
Reply #9

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 12:21:59 PM »
Let's say I play a skirmish event that gives a Gondor man +3 strength on Anarion. Would he get the +3 strength and the bonus from his ability?
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

April 03, 2010, 01:22:21 PM
Reply #10

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 01:22:21 PM »
yes, you get the effects of both Anorian's text and the event's text

April 04, 2010, 01:40:34 AM
Reply #11

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 01:40:34 AM »
So, in what I see as a similar situation: say I had a Dwarf with Heavy Axe, and he could remove a token from Run Until Found to get hunter 1. Could I get hunter 1 and +1 strength?
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

April 04, 2010, 02:37:44 AM
Reply #12

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 02:37:44 AM »
no, that woul be combining two separate skirmish actions