LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Denethor Wounding-Various  (Read 8547 times)

February 06, 2011, 06:13:41 AM
Read 8547 times

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
Denethor Wounding-Various
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:13:41 AM »
Like Hrcho said, we haven't had good decks in lothlorien in ages, so I am revealing my most successful deck, it's something like 12-1 with the only loss coming when I was outbid and outrun, Frodo has never died in this deck so that's something to say... Here we go

34/34/34

Ring-bearer: •Frodo, Hope of Free Peoples

The One Ring: •The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Free Peoples Draw Deck

2x •Legolas, Of the Woodland Realm
2x •Rumil, Silvan Elf
1x •Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
1x •Aragorn, Thorongil
1x •Denethor, Last Ruling Steward
2x •Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien

2x •Horn of Boromir, The Great Horn
4x Kingsfoil
2x Ranger's Cloak
3x Ithilien Blade
3x •Sting, Elven Long Knife
2x •Aragorn's Bow, Ranger's Longbow

2x Namarie
3x Home and Hearth

4x Farewell to Lorien

The strategy is pretty straight-forward, exert the crap out of minions with Denethor then finish 'em off with the elves, Aragorn's Bow, Pippin or Eowyn. Home and Hearth removes burdens, heals the Ring-Bearer and gets the fellowship ready for Farewell to Lorien. Ithilien Blade can discard nasty minions like the Balrog or Sauron on early sites when you're putting out a lot of twilight and you're not set up. Now I've used two different shadows with this Freeps, the first is a Forestgul swarm.

Shadow Draw Deck

1x •Sauron, Dark Lord of Mordor
2x Black Rider
3x •The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders
1x •Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin
1x •Ulaire Cantea, Fourth of the Nine Riders
1x •Ulaire Enquea, Black Threat
1x •Ulaire Enquea, Duplicitous Lieutenant
1x •Ulaire Lemenya, Assailing Minion
4x •Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders
4x •Ulaire Nertea, Dark Horseman
1x •Ulaire Otsea, Duplicitous Specter
1x •Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow

1x •Saruman, Servant of Sauron

2x •Hatred Stirred
4x Lost in the Woods
2x Moving This Way

4x Dark Approach

Pretty simple Forestguls actually, play everything you can and throw stuff back with Hatred Stirred, cycle with Moving This Way and Otsea. The second shadow I've used is a multi-culture wounding deck.

1x •Gollum, Dark as Darkness
1x •The Balrog, Demon of Might
1x •Sauron, The Lord of the Rings
2x Southron Leader
4x Archer of Harad
4x Southron Murderer
3x •Ulaire Cantea, Black Assassin
2x •Ulaire Lemenya, Eternally Threatening
4x Morgul Ambusher
2x •Black Gate Sentry
2x •Gothmog, Morgul Leader

4x Howdah

4x Captured by the Ring

Add threats with Gollum and ET, then shoot 'em up, the Balrog and Sauron are in there as beaters, Cantea kills big fellowships and Southron Leader shoots up multi-culture decks.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:15:17 AM by legolas3333 »
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

February 06, 2011, 06:34:46 AM
Reply #1

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Denethor Wounding-Various
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 06:34:46 AM »
I think the one who outran you was me, but I couldn't even touch your freeps, very strong deck for sure. Wouldn't Faramir, BoQ be a better RB for this deck? I want to build a similar LRS deck irl, and I think I will use Faramir, BoQ as ring-bearer, so I can use Pippin at later sites, and thanks to Home and Hearth I don't really fear corruption (well, since we only play expanded, Faramir's Bow and a bunch of other cards will also get in the deck).

February 06, 2011, 06:41:56 AM
Reply #2

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 06:41:56 AM »
I will never reveal my best Decks...

anyway, I must admit I like your Freeps pretty much. I guess you start Denthor and WoBaS and fetch Thorongil à The Prancing Pony, right? Otherwise, I beleive you could be fine with just 2 Stings, Hearts Rised is also a really awesome card that removes threats and cycles well. Otherwise, not much to add.

@Shelobplayer: Frodo is there for Sting and his ability. He's way to important to remove.

February 06, 2011, 06:58:23 AM
Reply #3

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 06:58:23 AM »
I will never reveal my best Decks...

anyway, I must admit I like your Freeps pretty much. I guess you start Denthor and WoBaS and fetch Thorongil à The Prancing Pony, right? Otherwise, I beleive you could be fine with just 2 Stings, Hearts Rised is also a really awesome card that removes threats and cycles well. Otherwise, not much to add.

@Shelobplayer: Frodo is there for Sting and his ability. He's way to important to remove.

I actually played two games against this deck, and Frodo never removed a single threat, that's why I suggested Faramir. I also prefer Hearts Raised to it.

February 06, 2011, 07:21:52 AM
Reply #4

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 07:21:52 AM »
How would he then have removed those threats? Sting, Elven Long Knife is really the only other option as it seems...

February 06, 2011, 09:10:02 AM
Reply #5

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 09:10:02 AM »
Yeah frodo needs to stay cause of the threats added by thorongil and his bow (and also the elves) I did remove threats, you probably missed it cause it's regroup and I know that's when I'm paying the least attention,

@Wkx5 Yeah Denethor + Pippin is a very strong starting fellowship I've found and Throngil adds to the fun. I like hearts raised, but sting works so well cause of Home and Hearth, I'll consider adding one or two.

In expanded you could throw in Faramir, SoD and Faramir's sword so you could keep frodo in. I would do that instead of dropping frodo
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:13:47 AM by legolas3333 »

February 06, 2011, 12:03:32 PM
Reply #6

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 12:03:32 PM »
Well, I have a simular deck, and ouch, did I dislike the site where Uruks can't be touched. But indeed, otherwise it is a very hard deck to crush. Boring too, I must say, but almost every deck in standard is. Sorry to say that, but that is how I feel. This is a deck that at site 1, if you see that deck and you know your deck, you know you will not crush that fellowship.

Oh, and maybe you should add sites to make it legal :lol:
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

February 06, 2011, 12:58:48 PM
Reply #7

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »
I didn't put sites because I had two shadow sides and the sites change a lot actually, I'm pretty sure I've changed the site path for each deck several times, The only site you have to have is the Prancing Pony but other than that it's all open. And I agree standard is quite boring at times, it's like open in a way, either you crush or are crushed, there is very rarely any middle ground.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:00:39 PM by legolas3333 »

February 06, 2011, 01:27:43 PM
Reply #8

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »
Like the second shadow best
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

February 06, 2011, 01:30:49 PM
Reply #9

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »
You would, you love Demon of Might
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

February 07, 2011, 01:01:47 AM
Reply #10

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 01:01:47 AM »
Yep! But even he isn't such a huge threat vs a good standard deck.

February 08, 2011, 10:12:59 AM
Reply #11

Olorin

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • You shall not pass!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 10:12:59 AM »
Obviously a strong and competitive deck.

I would love to see a new variant of a potent Nazgul shadow - something with Cantea, 17R and some frenzied attack :-)
Mithrandir I am known to the Elves, Tharkun to the dwarves; Olorin was the name in my youth in the West which is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; into the East I will not go."