LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Realms of Middle-earth Discussion Thread  (Read 31586 times)

August 25, 2008, 01:15:11 PM
Read 31586 times

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Realms of Middle-earth Discussion Thread
« on: August 25, 2008, 01:15:11 PM »
Okay, for those who have not yet noticed, I have spent much of the afternoon bringing over every RP section from the CC archives so we don't have to keep switching back and forth between the two. Realms of the North is now posted here, and it's fully up to date with all material from the first site to CC's untimely demise.

Here is the list of participants as I see them:

Dáin Ironfoot:
Rorin, Dwarf of the Iron Hills
Ryle, Man of Dale
Curubethion, Ranger of the North (it would be nice if CG wants this character back)

Elf Lvr:
Silvarin, Elf of Mirkwood

AgentDrake:
Echtheow, Man of Rohan

sickofpalantirs:
Tuilin, Elf of Mirkwood

NBarden:
Duinihir, Ranger of the North

We'd kind of limp along the characters of Dirthon the ranger (Anonymous Prodigy), Legoles the Elf (legoles3333), and Durail the ranger/adventurer (ingold55), since their creators have disappeared. I know EL and SoP have each volunteered to write for Durail in the past, Legoles will probably leave the party soon for simplicity's sake (but anyone can use him until then), and Dirthon will stick around for now and I'll write for him, but anyone other current participants who want to jump in on him are welcome to so!

If you are NOT a former participant in this RPG and wish to join, now would be a good time. The party is currently pretty early in its journey, feasting and resting at Edoras after the Battle of Helm's Deep before we trek on to Mirkwood, where trouble seems to be brewing. It would be perfectly concievable to pick up another party member or two now, and make much LESS sense once we're in Mirkwood itself. So if you're interested, reply here or PM me and we'll figure out how to get you involved. :up:

Again, if you need to catch up on the storyline to this point, you can find it here.

Once the regulars let me know they're caught up and ready to roll, we'll move on. In the meantime, I still need to make a DC at this site for all three of the characters I'm responsible for :-[, so until I get to that the rest of you are welcome to post more RP stuff and get back into the swing of things. ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:17:12 PM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

August 26, 2008, 09:36:02 AM
Reply #1

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Why me? No, seriously. WHY ME?!?
Re: Realms of Middle-earth Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 09:36:02 AM »
My internet is still off, so I may be a bit of a delay until it's going.
Hopefully no more than a couple more days, but I dunno. :(

Looking forward to this, though.
Forget it. I'm not arguing with the computer anymore to try to get the sig I want....

August 27, 2008, 01:15:47 PM
Reply #2

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
Re: Realms of Middle-earth: Now at Site 3 (Edoras)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 01:15:47 PM »
((so what do we do now?))
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

August 27, 2008, 02:09:57 PM
Reply #3

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Re: Realms of Middle-earth: Now at Site 3 (Edoras)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 02:09:57 PM »
Quote from: sickofpalantirs
((so what do we do now?))

Continue with the last instructions of Site 3...which is basically to mill about and chat with your fellow heroes, and create one DC (both of which you've already done). About the only ones that HAVEN'T done that yet are MY characters. #-o I'll be getting on that tomorrow.
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

September 03, 2008, 10:55:53 AM
Reply #4

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 10:55:53 AM »
humm...tomorrow dain?
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

September 03, 2008, 12:40:53 PM
Reply #5

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 12:40:53 PM »
Yeah, sorry. :-S Just been really ummotivated the last few days. Been busy with lots and lots of house and baby stuff in the evenings and swamped at work. I HAVE had time to work on DCs and the RPG stuff, but I've just felt really "meh" about it. I think I need a vacation or something. Too bad there aren't any on the horizon. #-o

I'll get to it soon, I promise. Just gotta get my wits back about me.
Best regards,
Dáin

September 03, 2008, 01:40:39 PM
Reply #6

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 01:40:39 PM »
Hey, real life takes precedence. After all, if you kill yourself in RL, who would we get to play Rorin, Ryle, and Cerubethion, eh?

Besides. Lack of activity here reduces my motivation for procrastinating on my homework.... :P
Forget it. I'm not arguing with the computer anymore to try to get the sig I want....

September 12, 2008, 01:30:05 PM
Reply #7

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 01:30:05 PM »
Okay, FINALLY got the DCs moved over here to a RoME DC list. If you've forgotten what sort of stats, gear, and events your characters have, mosey on over there and catch up. :up:

I know what I want to do when we finally move to the next site, but I've been having trouble getting sections done for my characters before we do so. I hope to finish it over this weekend...if not, then by Monday. That's my goal, at least.

Oh, and if anyone else is interested in joining, now would be a great time. Just reply here or send me a PM if you're interested. :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:35:47 PM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin

September 12, 2008, 01:53:03 PM
Reply #8

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 01:53:03 PM »
Insert shameless plug:

JOIN US!

Seriously. Even if you're terrible at DCs, here's the best chance to learn, because you'll be creating them to represent specific actions. Helps you to create specific, goal-driven, useful DCs.

so...
JOIN!

:P

September 13, 2008, 08:46:43 PM
Reply #9

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 08:46:43 PM »
I'm around whenever it starts back up.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

September 16, 2008, 10:56:57 AM
Reply #10

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:56:57 AM »
Working feverishly on sections for Rorin, Ryle, and Curubethion so we can move on. It should neatly bring everyone back up to speed and make clear our next course of action, as well as catching my characters up and creating their DCs. Took me a while to get back into character--especially for all three--but now the words are rolling off the pen. Er, I mean keyboard. :P

I swear on my firstborn child it will be up in the next 24 hours, and hopefully significantly less than that. :up:
Best regards,
Dáin

September 16, 2008, 07:30:58 PM
Reply #11

GarrisonofGondor

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Let the armies of Mordor know this....
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 07:30:58 PM »
 Can I join?
"Never Again, will the land of my people, fall into enemy hands! For Gondor! For Gondor! For Gondor!

https://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.120

September 17, 2008, 12:41:08 PM
Reply #12

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 12:41:08 PM »
I'm sure that would be fine. You'd need a few DC's to start out with.

Thoughts, Dain?
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

September 17, 2008, 02:48:42 PM
Reply #13

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 02:48:42 PM »
Already PMed him, and we've got something worked out for a little further down the line. :up: I think it will fit very nicely, actually.
Best regards,
Dáin

September 17, 2008, 03:04:25 PM
Reply #14

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 03:04:25 PM »
Oh, by the way, how'd you like me teasing...well, myself at the start of the new passage in relation to how long it's been since we were last working on the RPG?

"I guess I got a little distracted. How long was I out?"

"A LONG time."

:lol:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 06:55:52 PM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin